• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Sep 8) CG reveal trailer, pre-orders, gameplay debut May 18th

GamerSciz

All CG and no gameplay. Not much of a "reveal"...

q3iCWqE.gif

Well, I have hope. First game had to scrap damn near everything right before release; this one spent an extra year in the oven so I expect an opposite situation upon launch.

Was hoping this had gameplay, but it was great nevertheless. Love the tone and Cayde was just bordering on cringe but hit the notes just right

Bollocks

that forced humorous tone
-GIF-Britney-Haynes-cringe-embarassed-embarrassed-recoil-wince-GIF.gif

e: so basically another teaser, buildup to actual info is almost as worse as revealing sombra

I smiled at the loot comment. Overall I think its a good trailer. I didn't expert to see gameplay or anything meaningful like that. But I think it's good that they set the stage and mentioned all loot gone and our main adversary has an identity.

Keasar

"There will be a ton of [Boringly similar guns that does nothing different from one another except one maybe shoots a bullet faster than the other]!"

Is what I heard at the end. The loot I'm gonna say was the least exciting aspect of my (to be fair, limited) time with Destiny 1. This Cayde guy seems fun though, when were you supposed to run into him in the first game? He was nowhere around where I was (the Moon-ish).

Zomba13

How so? Ikora is there representing us, would have been weird to have her try to rally the troops.

Why? You have Titan man doing his grand speech, you have Cayde doing his Deadpool why not have Ikora being the smart badass one and talking to the people that actually matter, the space wizards.

Two Words

Pretty big letdown of a trailer. Absolutely zero gameplay represented. Also, who was the guy saying that Destiny isn't a loot game in the other thread? Because Cayde just shot you down, lol.

GhaleonEB

Great writing. The synopsis posted at Kotaku mentions Gary has stripped Guardians of their power, which must be how they let us keep a character design but then level up into the new classes/systems.

This trailer reminded me of DC.

"Our content is bad but hey we got jokes and fun!"

This comment had an expiration date of a few years ago.

Top Bottom