• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Sep 8) CG reveal trailer, pre-orders, gameplay debut May 18th

Gourry

My hope is that you will be able to use same character(s) with equipment on XB1 and PC if you buy it on both platforms... Please come true!

vivekTO

destiny2sca6r.png

Ok cool , atlest we don't have to wait for E3.

zethren

Banned
More Cayde is always a good thing.

Lol at people confused about why there is humor, the game has always had a lighter tone mixed into the flavor. Especially with Cayde.

Looking forward to the gameplay reveal!

Tawpgun

I assume storyboarding for Destiny 2 started with

"Ok so we need a compelling/realistic reason for not carrying over Destiny 1 loot"

Nerokis

Something about the trailer evokes an expansion pack more than a sequel. Not sure this is the best way to introduce Destiny 2 to the world.

Also, I feel like the humor in the trailer missed the mark. Both in terms of how it informed the overall tone, and in terms of the actual jokes.

The Goat

Meh. Disappointed in that announcement :/ I'm sure we'll see some gameplay at E3. For now, my hype levels have fallen to an all time low for Destiny.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Goddamn the CE sold out on Pre-Orders quick on amazon
Walmart has it but $249..99

Jesus!

Trailer has some fun to it

Kind of cringey tbh. I'm not against some levity in Destiny but I feel like I would like better than "haha i'm a videogame character" humour.

Hope the PC version is good.

I like the tone they're sticking here. Preserving some level of the deathly serious scifi from the original, but leaning into some level of self-awareness and fun. Destiny is not Halo, and it's not going to be. The lore is bland, and chronically uninteresting. Bungie is better off highlighting what people do like about their world, rather than trying to make the flawed elements more popular.

All that said, the path of 'CG teaser for CG teaser promising gameplay footage in six weeks' is pretty annoying.

NastyBook

"If I don't see you out there, *pulls knife* I'll kill you myself."

Hope Eris comes back to match wits with Cayde-6 again.

Also, Day 1.

Pineapple

Yeah, I'm not feeling it.

For some reason, I'm getting strong COD vibes from both the teaser and this trailer.

From what we've seen so far, it feels like less of a space fantasy, and more of a generic military shooter.

Beth Cyra

The whole trailer I felt was just stupid and unfunny.

Then I got to the end and I realized that I was totally the sheep the last zing was meant for as it totally was like "ahhhh yeah I'm in there" when it was said.

Midas

Digitalt. Expensive. Uuuuuuuh. I don't want to have this on disc, but this digital pricing is killing me. I can afford it without problem, but it's lika nail in your eye.

molnizzle

I didn't expect gameplay, but at least some info for fuck's sake! Why tease this shit for 2 days and not reveal anything at all? Pointless.

Liked how the trailer explained why characters and loot don't carry over. Want more story and gameplay details, but we'll get them during the runup to the beta. This was fine as reveal trailers go.

Mudo

Casual Destiny player but I think the humor is out of place and a lot of lines were bad/not funny. It really doesn't seem like this kind of humor fits the universe's feel or maybe i just don't like it. I'll buy regardless but not really wanting a John Candy style Sci-fi game lol. Also, in game footage would have been nice.

Zomba13

ITT people with no sense of humor

Nah, I'm salty that Warlocks get fucked. Hunters get their wacky Uncle, Titans get stoic Dad and Warlocks get smart Mom say one quip while hanging out with the Hunters because apparantly space magic isn't important enough to be in a CG trailer.

Bold One

Ha! very nice, it hints that the game will have a community feel to it, I am loving the helmets off approach to the Guardians, sure they are immortal zombies, but they are still people

Drencrom

I like the more humorous and self-conscious vibe I'm getting from this trailer than the overly serious tone and generic story of Destiny 1.

I also like that they actually explained why we won't have any gear saved from D1 either because all that shit got blown up lol

zonezeus

Hey guys, I'm having a glitch of some sort - I want to watch Destiny 2 reveal trailer but it redirects me to Borderlands: Bungie Edition one. Any ideas?

Trickster

That was a really weird trailer. Honestly not really sure what the purpose of it is.

It doesn't really tell us anything new other than the name of the big baddie.

I do think the selfaware bit at the end of Cayde-6's speech about loot was good. But yeah, everything else was kinda weird and meh

They've shifted from having a sci-fi fantasy mystical feel to a much more generic, quirky action sci-fi feel. I don't have really as much hype for this.

Top Bottom