• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 previews, a lot gameplay videos from European Dead Zone patrol

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Okay, so. Watched a few of videos, previews and stuff like that. This kinda looks like a much better game that the first one, but the real question is.... they're not gonna give review builds to the press people before the release day are they and we have to wait at least a week or more to read more informative, not rushed and in-depth reviews?

Is there anywhere I can see a breakdown of the changes between Destiny 1 and Destiny 2, but without showing too much?

Trying to stay spoiler free to the max, but I'm damn curious of what are the changes to the core game!

Tovarisc

Is there anywhere I can see a breakdown of the changes between Destiny 1 and Destiny 2, but without showing too much?

Trying to stay spoiler free to the max, but I'm damn curious of what are the changes to the core game!

Veery broad strokes, maybe missing something

Patrols
  • Larger zones
  • Map with indicators for stuff like where and when public event starts
  • Fleshed out public events, have hard mode variants with hidden trigger to activate
  • Adventures, story driven short missions
  • Lost Sectors, short dungeons to find, explore and loot
  • Patrol missions from D1 return
  • All you do matters and contributes towards increasing your power level
  • Hidden loot chests with relevant gear unlike D1 golden chests

Patrols
  • Larger zones
  • Fleshed out public events, have hard mode variants with hidden trigger to activate
You can fast travel around the map

Landford

Banned
im thinking on getting the game for PC, but I am hurting a bit for money right now (Will be my only game for september/october), is really a necessity to buy the season pass right now? does it get much more expensive in the long run? Thanks if anyone answers :)

Tovarisc

im thinking on getting the game for PC, but I am hurting a bit for money right now (Will be my only game for september/october), is really a necessity to buy the season pass right now? does it get much more expensive in the long run? Thanks if anyone answers :)

No need to get it day 1.

Season Pass didn't rise in price for D1 and expansion weren't that expensive.

Patrols
  • Larger zones

Awesome breakdown, I've been looking for something like this. As someome who played the first game for like 2 months and just lost interest due to the lack of variety, I was wondering about the number of strikes/raids etc?

Tovarisc

Awesome breakdown, I've been looking for something like this. As someome who played the first game for like 2 months and just lost interest due to the lack of variety, I was wondering about the number of strikes/raids etc?

We have no idea about strikes, but as far we know they are sticking to 1 raid / content release.

We get 4 locations and I guess we are getting 2 strikes / location, but just guess based on hopes and dreams.

On top of strikes, nightfall and raid they are also making patrols more end game relevant. Each week one of planets will have set of objectives to complete and will reward at least Nightfall level loot when completing all objectives.

Also Cayde sells treasure maps.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I like that they seem to be keep two entire planets secret for the most part. It doesn't seem like we're going to get blowouts of the others. (And even Nessus is something we haven't seen all of, despite the beta.)

We have no idea about strikes, but as far we know they are sticking to 1 raid / content release.

We get 4 locations and I guess we are getting 2 strikes / location, but just guess based on hopes and dreams.

On top of strikes, nightfall and raid they are also making patrols more end game relevant. Each week one of planets will have set of objectives to complete and will reward at least Nightfall level loot when completing all objectives.

Also Cayde sells treasure maps.

Cool thanks for the info mate.

I was wondering why I couldn't find info about number of strikes. So a new raid will only be released with a new expansion, but it's possible they will release strikes for free to keep people engaged? Is that what they did with 1?

It seems the game has leaked on Poland. Someone put some screenshots.

https://imgur.com/gallery/23hpo

i5odPjT.jpg

Tovarisc

Cool thanks for the info mate.

I was wondering why I couldn't find info about number of strikes. So a new raid will only be released with a new expansion, but it's possible they will release strikes for free to keep people engaged? Is that what they did with 1?

There was no content like strikes between DLC's. Keep in mind their tools were horrendous for content creation, modification and adding. They got a lot feedback about lack of content so hopefully they do better this time around with new shiny tools.

Tovarisc

How is he playing when the servers are supposed to be down?

All released EDZ footage is from huge play session in which players were allowed to level from 1 to 17-ish. Do story, patrols and most likely strikes. While recording it all. In few videos people even mention there is stuff they can't show or talk about yet.

We will see some of this stuff before release.

Mengetsu

probably up for reviewers and special peeps 👀
I wanna be special 😦

All released EDZ footage is from huge play session in which players were allowed to level from 1 to 17-ish. Do story, patrols and most likely strikes. While recording it all. In few videos people even mention there is stuff they can't show or talk about yet.

We will see some of this stuff before release.

Ahh gotcha.

There was no content like strikes between DLC's. Keep in mind their tools were horrendous for content creation, modification and adding. They got a lot feedback about lack of content so hopefully they do better this time around with new shiny tools.

Hopefully. They are doing the microtransactions again right? They will hopefully mean that it can fund extra content not included in dlcs.

Bizazedo

200 for weapons and armour when we have fixed rolls seems like more than enough to me.

In the beginning, sure.

Might want to hoard more, though, if it's 200 for all 3 of your characters and normal Crucible flattens weapons so that their power level / light level doesn't matter. Some weapons got retired and never returned.

I could see hitting 200 eventually.

Yeah I don't really see it being much an issues with fixed roles. But we don't really know until the game comes out. Personally I thought it would be bigger especially if armor and weapons are shared. Which bugs me a tad, because I like things sorted.

cLOUDo

Still no information about the third subclass, right?

The game is out in a few week and still we are blind in a lot of aspects of the game

Still no information about the third subclass, right?

They've been confirmed from the previews in this thread. One video starts with a Stormcaller spawning, and sub-class artefacts used to restore a lost power have been picked up, with the corresponding element (Titan - Solar, Hunter - Void etc.).

Kurumi

I was curious what class you guys are starting with? I can't decide.. (will eventually play all I am sure)

After seeing Captain America Titan I was going to switch it up and pick Titan first over Hunter. But then I found out Nightstalker was coming back. I love Nightstalker.

So atm I'm still deciding.

ethomaz

Banned
Destiny 1 Had 45 Slots Of Vault Space on launch don't forget that , also don't forget that it didn't even have kiosks which we do have now :
E1KVLAO.jpg
Destiny has close to 200 for weapon and armor and it was a pain.

I never collected armor in Destiny due the low vault space and I had to shard a lot of sentimental weapons :(

200 combined is ridiculous.

Lgndryhr

I'm not shocked this game has started to leak. I'll probably stick with warlock again. Wish we could get a PS4 pro bundle in black.

I feel like we know a lot about this game. But I would love to be proved wrong after launch. I see no problem with starting with 200 slots. I never had an issue with space.

Top Bottom