• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Vindicator

Reached 1225 yesterday so should be good until weekend for the Deep Stone Crypt. Hope to find some chill group to go in blind without pressure.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I just started this game 2 days ago. New to Destiny, this game is addictive af.

beyond light was on gamepass so figured I’d give it a go. already thinking about buying the season pass.

edit: game can be a bit confusing to a new player at times, if anyone has any recs for new player guides/beginner videos, lmk!

Last edited by a moderator:

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m actually Impressed how fast they got a major sandbox tuning patch out. Haven’t tried it yet but saw the details.

good

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m not a fan of the sniper changes. My previous Eye of Sol went to shit. Not sure what you’re looking for now. I’m assuming it’s a max range stat but hopefully will find answers on that soon.

Tried the best Ikelos pvp sniper roll I have with seraph rounds, moving target and QuickDraw ... it’s okay a bit better than eye of sol for me.

Not crazy about Adored either. Unlocked it last night but I’ll give it some more play time but kinda unimpressed at the moment.

HOWEVER...

Izanagi’s Motherfucken Burden in PVP. Try it. It’s the best on console right now IMO from what I’ve tried

Edit:

My most successful pvp loadout has been using True Prophecy. I think it’s stellar with max range and explosive rounds. I swear you can still 3 tap at scout, pulse and snipe ranges. Pairs well with fusion or long range shotty... or a sidearm or good msg like Ikelos

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Do I played D2 like a mad man from launch till shortly before Shadowkeep.
I thought the Forsaken expansion was brilliant and the dreaming city one of the most beautiful graphics showcases I'd ever seen.
But none the less I just got burnt out on the game.
Here I am now a year or so later picking D2 up again and I'm falling in love all over again. I now have the three newest expansions to work my way through and I couldn't be happier with what I've seen of Shadowkeep do far.
For me personally... Destiny 2 may be the greatest game of all time.

Dibbs

Do I played D2 like a mad man from launch till shortly before Shadowkeep.
I thought the Forsaken expansion was brilliant and the dreaming city one of the most beautiful graphics showcases I'd ever seen.
But none the less I just got burnt out on the game.
Here I am now a year or so later picking D2 up again and I'm falling in love all over again. I now have the three newest expansions to work my way through and I couldn't be happier with what I've seen of Shadowkeep do far.
For me personally... Destiny 2 may be the greatest game of all time.

Finally a positive post in this thread :messenger_ok:

Dthomp

Finally a positive post in this thread :messenger_ok:

To be fair, this game would seem like it has endless possibilities if you just picked it up now too ;)

Most of us have just been through the same ole song and dance so many times that its' hard to be excited for more then the 1 week of new content before we go back to leveling up vendors

HoodWinked

My group started at 10am right when it launched, finished after 1am. So a little over 15 hours.

I'd consider this the best raid and the least buggy.

Encounter #2 is the most difficult, things must be done in a specific order and one mess up will cause a wipe. #3 seemed weirdly easy. #4 just comes down to dps execution. It was very tightly tuned with the contest modifier you barely have enough damage to trigger the final phase after doing 3 full cycles. Then the final phase you are ammo starved because it was used just triggering to the last phase

Last edited:
got 100k in NF doing the 1220 one, kinda surprised. but anything that helps I'll take it. got myself to 1230 now. maybe next week after the reset and get a little more geared up I'll try the new raid.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Is it me or does salvations grip suck? I must be doing something wrong cause it doesn't do much... Besides freeze for a few moments

Seraphym

Played last night and dropped on the season pass, 78 days for £8 (assume that it was 90 at launch) seemed reasonable. Especially as the DLC is "free" on Game Pass.
Load times are so much quicker and looks like they have tarted it up slightly.
Having not played it for months the gear being trashed was a bit of a pisser.

Is there a Gaf Clan on Xbox?

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
That range nerf on warlock melee is brutal. Been trying to adjust and I keep on whiffing it. Hope they back off the change a bit, rest of the stuff I haven’t noticed much.

I'm enjoying the new campaign enough... I like the new lost sectors... I like those big Brig robots... Stasis honestly feels so natural you'd think it was always part of the game but I haven't seen how it feels to deal with it in Crucible yet. Even though I didn't use the Warlock build pre-nerf I can tell its nerfed, projectile tracking and distance feels weak but the super still feels powerful for add clear it just feels like it needs some finesse on the users part, I like that it feels inherently designed for combos as a super build. I've gotten a few new legendary weapons and they seem decent enough, the real meat of the game is always the endgame and I'm not there yet, but my char is nearly 1200 power now.

VertigoOA

Banned
Is it me or does salvations grip suck? I must be doing something wrong cause it doesn't do much... Besides freeze for a few moments

It’s trash

Edit: The post campaign narrative continues post raid as im sure some of you have seen already. In a few ways these post campaign narrative deliveries are stronger than those in the “proper campaign.”

I’m not sure how much more there is to be seen in Beyond Light for narrative in the end but .... you do miss out on all of it if you’re not chasing exotics.

Last edited:

Dibbs

To be fair, this game would seem like it has endless possibilities if you just picked it up now too ;)

Most of us have just been through the same ole song and dance so many times that its' hard to be excited for more then the 1 week of new content before we go back to leveling up vendors
Yeah I know. Still a great game though and the post campaign stuff is decent (just got Lament)

VertigoOA

Banned
Got the second aspect for my Titan... from completing the final Stranger quest...

just realized I can equip 3 fragments at once... I was using just one

:messenger_open_mouth:

From Wrath of Rasputin, to charge with light and attack power mod, to freeze with damage buff thru subclass customization... I’m all dps right now. Crazy build

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Got the second aspect for my Titan... from completing the final Stranger quest...

just realized I can equip 3 fragments at once... I was using just one

:messenger_open_mouth:

From Wrath of Rasputin, to charge with light and attack power mod, to freeze with damage buff thru subclass customization... I’m all dps right now. Crazy build
Fragments? I'm lost.

VertigoOA

Banned
Fragments? I'm lost.

After campaign completion you get quests from the Exo Stranger (maybe Variks too don’t remember).

Aspects and fragments can be used to modify your stasis subclass. An aspect can be something like “gain bonus to weapon damage after freezing a target with stasis.” There’s a -10 strength cost for that one. However another which temporarily recharges grenade rate with shattering of stasis crystals gives +10 resilience.

An aspect is something else too... I think there’s only two available so far... for Titan I get an faster and longer slide and sliding thru stasis crystals and frozen targets shatters enemies.

They’re pretty much subclass mods and what a major part of what the endgame chase is.

Btw, I enjoyed this weeks Exo Stranger Agility challenge. Nice art direction and I very much enjoy destiny platforming. The Mario sunshine bonus levels influence is strong.

HoodWinked

It's more of a utility tool. Used for destroying entropic shards and quests/bounties that require kill x with Stasis.

But also crystals do mini aoe damage when you destroy them and depending on your aspects and fragments may give bonus damage or reduce your ability cooldowns

VertigoOA

Banned
So I planned on doing my first Deep Stone Crypt attempt today... Sent out a general message to see if anyone would bite. Nope. Then decided to try some LFG using the official app... well apparently... it’s bugged on PS5. You show offline and can’t use the official app to invite direct. It could be a problem on PS4 too. I dunno. Now I need to find an alternative for lfg or search for everyone manually and invite them thru the OS, which I would have to do anyway since new PSN sucks ... sigh.

Next time I’ll try in the morning when I have more patience. Watch datto’s vids on it. Have a grasp on most of it I think.

I wanted to play trials this weekend ... but it was up for about 30 seconds before it got cancelled ...:messenger_unamused:

Edit: was farming patrols for a Variks quest in the Eclipsed Zone... after three or four patrols a Orange icon patrol appear with a StaR... heroic patrol... first of its kind I’ve seen

Edit 2: just realized Variks has a second page with items and simpler weapon quests for the other Europa weapons... I was wondering how to get that auto rifle...took way too long to notice it.

Last edited:

Dibbs

So is there any point in keeping items that are sunset in the vault? Except for the rare ones, like Recluse, Revoker etc.

Top Bottom