Destiny: April Update Preview

Jun 17, 2005
Unless there's more matchmaking options, you'll never get me back, Destiny. It's a shame, too, because I definitely loved playing what I could solo and the limited things you let me matchmake for that weren't PvP. I have The Division for that, now. I didn't see anything in the OP to make me think there's be casual raid mode or matchmaking for dailies/weeklies.

Nov 4, 2014
Southern California
Unless there's more matchmaking options, you'll never get me back, Destiny. It's a shame, too, because I definitely loved playing what I could solo and the limited things you let me matchmake for that weren't PvP. I have The Division for that, now. I didn't see anything in the OP to make me think there's be casual raid mode or matchmaking for dailies/weeklies.

Idk If we will see MM options changed until Destiny 2...last gen kinda hurts then in this regard.

May 8, 2014
How have they not implemented a hoard mode yet? If PoE is supposed to be that, then it is a shitty implementation. The game needs something that you can throw yourself at as the challenge continues to increase. I suspect they feel they lack the loot to properly reward such a mode.

Jun 7, 2004
Oregon
How have they not implemented a hoard mode yet? If PoE is supposed to be that, then it is a shitty implementation. The game needs something that you can throw yourself at as the challenge continues to increase. I suspect they feel they lack the loot to properly reward such a mode.
PoE has the potential to be that. My hope is they made some fundamental adjustments to how it flows.

Feb 24, 2005
the psych ward
www.twitch.tv
The continued PS-exclusive crap just makes me want to put this game down for good, TBH.
I have. I haven't touched it but 1 day in about 4 months now. Was thinking about getting back into it but with them continuing to pull this PS exclusive shit has finalized my choice. I'm done. Never thought I'd see the day Bungie would drive me completely away.

Aug 12, 2007
St. Louis
I have. I haven't touched it but 1 day in about 4 months now. Was thinking about getting back into it but with them continuing to pull this PS exclusive shit has finalized my choice. I'm done. Never thought I'd see the day Bungie would drive me completely away.
Same here. I haven't played in a couple months and have been anticipating hearing about the new content.

But today all I hear is "these goodies aren't for you. You're not invited to the party."

Feb 23, 2009
Subclass balance changes

Stay aways from mah Defender Bungle

Same here. I haven't played in a couple months and have been anticipating hearing about the new content.

But all I hear is "these goodies aren't for you. You're not invited to the party."
It's one quest dude, not an actual level or something. It's probably totally insignificant like that dumb Red Bull quest. Division is way worse with its one-month delay on delay for PS4. Just a dumb state of the industry right now, I agree on that.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Feb 10, 2011
I don't get it. We have know all DLC was timed PS exclusive since well before the launch of the game. If you bought the game, and care that much about exclusive content, then its really more on you than Bungie. They haven't done anything but stay true to the plan..

Aug 12, 2007
St. Louis
I don't get it. We have know all DLC was timed PS exclusive since well before the launch of the game. If you bought the game, and care that much about exclusive content, then its really more on you than Bungie. They haven't done anything but stay true to the plan..
It was a year 1 plan.

Then it was a year 2 plan.

And today, we're learning that the trend continues, indefinitely. Don't give me this "vote with your wallet" stuff.

Feb 22, 2015
This update would have been fine,great even 3 months ago but now it seems like so little after so much time has passed.

It really feels like bungie is just stalling for time at this point.

Nov 4, 2014
Southern California

Yah I agree. I mean I don't agree with the practice of holding content back and exclusive platform stuff but it's not like Bungie just came out of no where with this...

Massive and UBI are doing it with the DIVISON for xbone.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Jun 6, 2006
Oh thank goodness. Matchmaking. I was not going to touch this new POE crap without it.

Edit: Spoke too soon. -_- The 320 mode doesn't.

Sep 9, 2013
Yes, it has matchmaking!

I'll be back to Destiny in April, feels good.

AND NO KEYS!

EDIT: Well, if I get to 320 I'll need Destiny Gaf. Still, new content for less than 320 players.

I haven't played with Destiny Gaf in ages. It will also feel good to be back there!

Jul 29, 2013
Most of PoE has matchmaking.

Challenge of the Elders has a recommended light level of 320. This will get you to 335. Don't think this mode has MM.

Edit: yep. CoE does not have MM.