• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: April Update Preview

Namikaze1

Thanks Kyne:

fDdNnyG.jpg

Challenge of Elders Sigil is a score card

Klyka

Banned
So PoE is getting a boost to Endgame level, have they said anything about the first two raids?

Nah.

Destiny will always be king, regardless of any other game. 100k on twitch, and its just a stream about new stuff.

"Just a stream about new stuff"

You realize that so many people are watching BECAUSE it is new stuff, right?
The game hasn't had any content most people wanted for months now.

DarKshodaN

No Matchmaking for the 42 Arena,should i laugh or should i cry? it's ridiculous,not coming back.

Hope we see some improvements in Destiny 2

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It was a year 1 plan.

Then it was a year 2 plan.

And today, we're learning that the trend continues, indefinitely. Don't give me this "vote with your wallet" stuff.

If the community wasn't so starved for new content it wouldn't matter as much if the PlayStation got an exclusive quest.
But right now it looks like Xbox gets a single quest and PlayStation gets double that with two quests.

If it was 7 for Xbox and 8 for PlayStation it's a completely different story.

Jinjo

Teamscore for Challenge of Elders.

Let's fight it out which DGAF team is the best PvE team.

Edit: Score based loot payout. ALL 335.

Sai-kun

Banned
Doing high end game content matachmaking isnt going to work.

i don't know how people still think this WoW has been doing it successfully for years, and when destinyLFG is basically just a more manual way of matchmaking. you join up with random people and get shit done. that's it.

i don't know how people still think this WoW has been doing it successfully for years, and when destinyLFG is basically just a more manual way of matchmaking. you join up with random people and get shit done. that's it.

WoW does not have LFG for the highest lvl of group content.

Doing high end game content matachmaking isnt going to work. thats why you get a group of your friends so you can coordinate

POE is not a raid though with no complex mechanics... it's essentially horde mode without the horde. MM on the higher levels would absolutely work. Either way, it should be an OPTION.

FyreWulff

I use matchmaking to find a group to do challenging mode in The Division every day just fine. And we even speak to eachother. Who would thought

Division doesn't have any end game activities, though.

Pretty easy to say you have matchmaking for everything when you don't have everything.

not sure why they mention bounties as positives--such a damn chore

Might be in if the new POE is fun, but I don't have any interest in hitting the new level cap. Next expansion will shit out 335 blues from the first grub that dies from one shot of a sidearm most likely

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
A new reason to do PoE is what I was hoping for out of this, so that's cool.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm waiting for something to make me care about raising my LL. So far I haven't seen it.

100 to 0 in an instant. Matchmaking works so damn well in the Division. Will be awesome for the people that have friends/a group to play with still
For challenge mode?

It had to have been the most frustrating thing to get a group past the first shotgun guy in Russian Consulate.

FyreWulff

I wonder if the PoE 41/42 enemies count as "real" enemies now. In the existing PoE none of the enemies (except for the bosses) actually count for bounties/exp/etc because they're all technically raid mobs.

Division doesn't have any end game activities, though.

Pretty easy to say you have matchmaking for everything when you don't have everything.

Yes it does. challenge Missions are estebtially end game right now and are pretty tough. I understand no raid MM but for POE? It should absolutely have MM for thay even for highest level.

I don't get why people even question this. If you dont like MM with randoms then you don't have to... What's so wrong with options?

kiguel182

Update sounds good but some of this stuff is long overdue. PoE expansion should've been there from the start or added sooner than April.

This is the type of content that I wanted since they started with the micro-transactions and the "events".

I will play it and it sounds good. Shame it took so long.

lt519

I use matchmaking to find a group to do challenging mode in The Division every day just fine. And we even speak to eachother. Who would thought

Because you can easily out gear the content in The Division. There's still a massive difference between The Division challenge mode story missions and Destiny Hard Mode raids.

I've done both, Kings Fall Hard Mode would be a nightmare in matchmaking the majority of the time. An in game LFG is really what they need, not random matchmaking.

As for the content announced, not sure it'll bring me back... I was a big PoE fan but I just dunno, all seems meh.

Top Bottom