• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Xbox One footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtj1092

While I wouldn't boycott a game due to parity you're being disingenuous if you don't see the point some are making. Would it be okay to make the game at 360 level across all platforms? 99% of people here would be complaining. Heck the board goes nuts even when games are merely cross-gen.

Never mind, I found it.

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

WjlW0mM.png

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

They should at least allow people to get the codes early, the site is probably going to be impossible to access on the 17th...

jem0208

Can't we all just enjoy Destiny? Anyone with a clear head on their shoulders should be ready for slight differences in performance. Probably leaning for the PS4.

It doesn't make your version any worse. It's the XBOX version. You are playing on Xbox. The systems are not identical. If it was on PC that would look even better. It doesn't make the other versions shit. If you are bothered by very very slight performance differences then play on PS4.

The thing is a lot of people don't care, they want to play with friends, or the only console they have or the controller they prefer.

It's Bungie they will absolutely make sure each version is the best it can be on every platform.

Or am I crazy?

You're clearly crazy. I need at least 100% more pixels in my version of the game than everyone else's or there is literally no possible way I can enjoy it. I am forced to take a stand against the vile atrocity that is parity as it will quite literally ruin gaming forever. Gameplay is unimportant, pixels are the only thing necessary.

/s

More seriously, I can't believe this thread is based off of GameDVR footage. It's a nice little feature but the clips can run like crap even if the game is perfectly solid.

We should definitely wait until the beta before making any proper comparisons.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The clips from Xbox One's Upload Studio are not the best quality to analyze framerate and resolution. Though that clip looks to have a significant drop in frames per second, it could also be that the quality of the product is not well represented in the clip.
Best post in the thread. Let's wait and see what Digital Foundry have to offer. It won't be long before all is revealed. Keep your powder dry.

i dont know what it is with the upload studio - sometimes it just doesnt play well at ALL - like, pixelation, frame rate chugs etc - its often not like that in the game at all. Game looks cool.

The ps4 beta was choppy at times for me so I'm not expecting solid performance for either consoles tbh.

The Alpha you mean? Unless you've played the Beta already?

DF did an Alpha analysis that showed the game holding a solid 30FPS through just about everything. The only issue was a bug that was causing duplicated frames. A bug that will hopefully be fixed.

Not sure where this choppy is coming from.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how long the beta will last? I'm going to the US on vacation on July 18th for 3 weeks (yey) but wont have access to my XB1 (boo) and not sure how my wife would take to me packing my console...

darthbob

Does anyone know how long the beta will last? I'm going to the US on vacation on July 18th for 3 weeks (yey) but wont have access to my XB1 (boo) and not sure how my wife would take to me packing my console...

3 weeks from July 18th? Sorry bud...

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
3 weeks from July 18th? Sorry bud...
Dammit. I'm 1/2 tempted to pre order it again and buy a PS4 while I'm out there, I've been playing that that idea...

EDIT: ANNND DONE. Got PS4 Destiny Beta Code (US Market).

Raxious

Never mind, I found it.

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

WjlW0mM.png

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

They should at least allow people to get the codes early, the site is probably going to be impossible to access on the 17th...

Sooo, am I getting 3 keys?! ( 2 to give away )?
Platform selection for the Beta is now available! Each code will grant you 3 download keys, enough to field a full Fireteam on the console of your choosing! Need help? Click Here!

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo, am I getting 3 keys?! ( 2 to give away )?
I had 2 keys, one gave me two choices (went for XB1 andX360 Global) and when I redeemed the 2nd code I only got one choice (I went for PS4 US with that one).

Like I said before time and time again and it's something MS is completely quiet over and a lot of people on here don't realise. MS may reach parity at times with resolution at 1080p or the same on both platforms.

HOWEVER what they fail to mention on purpose and keep quiet about is all the other differences. More framerate drops (Sniper 3, Watch Dogs), more tearing, 30fps frame rates vs 60fps (tomb raider), complete lighting features missing (watch dogs).

Games may run at 1080p on xbone but it comes at a cost in performance in other areas. MS has spinned the whole resolution debate in a way where it makes people think that's the only difference. The Xbone can't have both tea and cake as the hardware isn't as powerful . Sure it can run games at 1080p but then you get performance and/or complete graphical effects missing

Like I said before time and time again and it's something MS is completely quiet over and a lot of people on here don't realise. MS may reach parity at times with resolution at 1080p or the same on both platforms.

HOWEVER what they fail to mention on purpose and keep quiet about is all the other differences. More framerate drops (Sniper 3, Watch Dogs), more tearing, 30fps frame rates vs 60fps (tomb raider), complete lighting features missing (watch dogs).

Games may run at 1080p on xbone but it comes at a cost in performance in other areas. MS has spinned the whole resolution debate in a way where it makes people think that's the only difference. The Xbone can't have both tea and cake as the hardware isn't as powerful . Sure it can run games at 1080p but then you get performance and/or complete graphical effects missing

It's because "the community" made 1080p the battleground for now, so it's where MS are being forced to fight.

Wasn't there some exec quote talking about the tradeoff between resolution and "pixel quality" a while back that got lampooned? Damned either way.

R3TRODYCE

The Alpha you mean? Unless you've played the Beta already?

DF did an Alpha analysis that showed the game holding a solid 30FPS through just about everything. The only issue was a bug that was causing duplicated frames. A bug that will hopefully be fixed.

It felt choppy at times when I Played it and others too because I remember conversations about the frame rate in the alpha thread so eh dunno what to tell you.

From his gaping troll asshole.

Smh.

Caayn

I doubt that the Beta on the Xbox One will be in 1080p. Bungie said that they where going to use the June SDK update to get the game on 1080p. Doing that within one month and implementing that in a branched of beta build seems like a short time.

Also the GameDVR isn't exactly a great way to use for comparisons. The compression is way to high for that.
It's because "the community" made 1080p the battleground for now, so it's where MS are being forced to fight.

Wasn't there some exec quote talking about the tradeoff between resolution and "pixel quality" a while back that got lampooned? Damned either way.
Jup. 1080p is the only measurement of graphics for some.
From his gaping troll asshole.
Dude....

p3tran

Banned
I enjoyed the alpha, although it felt at first a little slow but its a good game with its own rythm.
it was smooth, with the odd hiccup here and there but it didnt give me the impression that hiccups were due to heavy loads happening at that time.
more importantly, I dont remember even one case where framerate dropped when it was important to be steady (ie firefights) and I played the alpha for who knows how many hours days :D

hopefully xbone version is good enough, as if its not broken I'd probably get the full version there.

stay gold

I don't have to go to that extreme though. Is it so hard to believe that I expect devs to use the extra horsepower on the PS4, which we know for a fact it has, rather than gimping it to maintain parity?

It being on last gen systems would affect me if the devs also kept the effects/res/whatever else on par with last gen, which they're not doing.

They are using the extra horsepower though, the PS4 version will have a better framerate and better/extra effects like AO compared to the XB1.

That is the power difference between the consoles. You need to get it out of your head that your PS4 is packing dual Titans and can deliver a generational leap over the XB1.

Proxy

There's some judders while rotating the camera. Thats it? Isn't the same situation as the XB1 footage?

edit: btw, the DF videos are inverted. The SP is the MP and vice-versa.

No, there is a hard drop in frames in that footage that wasn't seen on PS4 at any point during the alpha.

While there is a framedrop in the GIF, it's no way anywhere near sub-20s. Low 20s, sure, probably around 20-22 fps. Below that is totally different, it's quite literally slideshow quality.

You're probably right.

Can't we all just enjoy Destiny? Anyone with a clear head on their shoulders should be ready for slight differences in performance. Probably leaning for the PS4.

It doesn't make your version any worse. It's the XBOX version. You are playing on Xbox. The systems are not identical. If it was on PC that would look even better. It doesn't make the other versions shit. If you are bothered by very very slight performance differences then play on PS4.

The thing is a lot of people don't care, they want to play with friends, or the only console they have or the controller they prefer.

It's Bungie they will absolutely make sure each version is the best it can be on every platform.

Or am I crazy?

No, you're not crazy. One of the best posts in this thread. It's just so baffling to see some people get so worked up around this stuff. We're all gamers at the end of the day so enjoy it no matter where you're playing.

Kelsey

Banned

My first reactions to the alpha were -

1 - nice art style but graphically unimpressive, this should have been 60fps
2 - god damn, they can't even maintain 30 fps

That reaction was shared by many initially in the Alpha thread because the game had framerate issues. It wasn't until the DF analysis that it was shown to have a steady framerate, but the smoothness was being affected by a bug/glitch that was causing frames to repeat, which make the game appear to be stuttering.

Majanew

Banned
My first reactions to the alpha were -

1 - nice art style but graphically unimpressive, this should have been 60fps
2 - god damn, they can't even maintain 30 fps

That reaction was shared by many initially in the Alpha thread because the game had framerate issues. It wasn't until the DF analysis that it was shown to have a steady framerate, but the smoothness was being affected by a bug/glitch that was causing frames to repeat, which make the game appear to be stuttering.

I wouldn't call that choppy. What's seen in the XB1 footage looks to be the frame-rate dropping. Sure, it could be something with the Xbox One Clips causing it, but never have I seen a game with no frame-rate drops have them just because it was recorded with the Xbox.

And a big LOL at #1.

Pre ordered waaay back in October of last year(Amazon), i haven't gotten shit.

Speak to customer service, the same thing happened to me. They said they sent me a code, I said I never received it and they posted the code they said they'd sent me in chat and it worked.

zeelman

No, you're not crazy. One of the best posts in this thread. It's just so baffling to see some people get so worked up around this stuff. We're all gamers at the end of the day so enjoy it no matter where you're playing.

I miss the PS2 days when the system was very weak compared to the Xbox and Gamecube, but people didn't care. It was all about the games. Yeah, the PS4 is a bit more powerful then the Xbone, but its not as big of a gap as people make it out to be.

IcyEyes

I miss the PS2 days when the system was very weak compared to the Xbox and Gamecube, but people didn't care. It was all about the games. Yeah, the PS4 is a bit more powerful then the Xbone, but its not as big of a gap as people make it out to be.

No, it wasn't so weak in comparison and, not, the gap between Ps4 and Xbone is bigger than you may think.

I totally agree with this!

EagleEyes

I hope Microsoft doesn't start trying to push developers to try for 1080p for the sake of being able to claim it. I don't want to deal with the other sacrifices that would have to be made like frame drops, screen tearing and other graphical settings missing. I'm perfectly fine with 900p as long as the framerate is smooth and there is vsync engaged. I hope it doesn't become their new initiative to calm the internet superfans because that would be disappointing.

Dipz

Banned

I still made a point to get the best version of all multiplatform games that gen, which was usually the Xbox version.

People with more than one console want to know which version of a game to get, is that a problem? is it not "all about the games" to want to have the best version?

Jezehbell

I hope Microsoft doesn't start trying to push developers to try for 1080p for the sake of being able to claim it. I don't want to deal with the other sacrifices that would have to be made like frame drops, screen tearing and other graphical settings missing. I'm perfectly fine with 900p as long as the framerate is smooth and there is vsync engaged. I hope it doesn't become their new initiative to calm the internet superfans because that would be disappointing.

Yeah but fanboys want 1080p, it's so important for them, they don't care about the rest of the game, they just want 1080p. But i'm agree with you, 900p it's perfectly fine. I don't want 1080p with framedrops, tearing and clipping.

RoKKeR

Totally agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom