• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Exotic weapons fixed.... and then broken.

Not only that but you need to wait to see if Xur has them in stock to upgrade...

AND it costs you 1 exotic shard and 7k glimmer.

Great design. /s

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Hang on!

He can only upgrade them if he has them IN STOCK!!?!?!?!?!?

So I now not only have to wait each week hoping that Zur has a quality new, but upgraded versions of my current weapons?

Its bad enough being disappointed by Xur once, now you have to be let down twice?

WTF!?!?!?

Wait a minute, assuming my armor is all maxed, can I just take my exotic chest piece and bring it to Xûr and boom I'm level 30 since they get upgraded to DLC start amor which is higher than fully upgraded pre dlc armor? good thing I never joined the IB grind

This is what I'm wondering. I'm stuck at lvl 29 light 117 because I can't get the damn boots. If I can get my exotic chest to light 33 however then I won't need the boots to reach lvl 30.

Sorral

I'm used to this prestige idea when applied to gear as thats how weapons work in Warframe. But then again, getting a Warframe weapon to max level (or even getting to max level multiple times) isn't an arduous process.

I guess this is what happens when a game's grind is so nakedly laid bare, and where the time investment and repetition is skewed way too far for the amount of dynamic content to support it.

It is so much better in warframe to upgrade frames and weapons and that's a F2P game. :/ I can actually wear whatever weapons combination too unlike how we're limited to just one exotic...

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Hang on!

So I now not only have to wait each week hoping that Zur has a quality new, but upgraded versions of my current weapons?

Its bad enough being disappointed by Xur once, now you have to be let down twice?

WTF!?!?!?

exactly. and that's why we have 500 posts about this shit in just two hours

Destiny: Randomly Become Legend... Again
Destiny: Become a Peon Again, Every Time There's an Expansion

Gurrry

I was an avid destiny player up until about a week ago. Fatigue just set in really hard for me after getting my 3rd character to 20. I cant take doing the same strikes over again hoping to get light gear and level up my stupid fucking faction to buy legendaries. It takes so fucking long, its painful.

I thought for sure I was going to buy the dlc day 1.. now... i just dont know.

It has nothing to do with the new leveling system or anything.. its just that the game is getting boring. Once you do the new raid, thats all there is. I hate the crucible, so the new maps arent worth a shit to me. And 1 new strike isnt going to keep me coming back so that I can get more blue shit that no one needs.

Now, im to the point where this game is just pissing me off and the more I hear about it in the news just exacerbates that problem. Im tired of hearing DeeJ giving explinations and hoping that Bungie can fix X or Y.

The game was fun, but then it wasnt.

The end.

Rated R.

Starts Friday.

Hiko

Banned
Wait a minute, assuming my armor is all maxed, can I just take my exotic chest piece and bring it to Xûr and boom I'm level 30 since they get upgraded to DLC start amor which is higher than fully upgraded pre dlc armor? good thing I never joined the IB grind

LOL no. All of your exotic and legendary armor is stuck at 30. You need to grind for new gear to take you beyond that.

I won't argue with your disheartenment*. If that's your reaction, I'll pass it along. (Although, who am I kidding? This is GAF, and people are reading this thread as I type.)

The facts I can provide are that we've tried to speed up the path to upgrading weapons by removing the need for Ascendant Materials.

*Is that a word?

So in the metrics Bungie has about how long it takes to level up an exotic (and I am sure you have estimates on that time), the limiting factor was ascendant materials? And not only that, but enough of an impact that not using them warrants leveling the item a second time? I seriously doubt that.

And let's not talk about patches: something gets fixed, something else gets "accidentally" broken. Then the weekly post comes along and you understand why those changes took place. The bottom line is: I feel like I'm being played like a damn fiddle, patches are not there to fix the game but to artificially obstruct player progress.

I hope this gets sorted out sooner rather than later but I expect this grind will be replaced by another, just like planet materials.

I love playing your game Bungie, but sometimes you make it hard to.

darkwing

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Hang on!

WTF!?!?!?

hold your horses, it's 6 exotic armors/6 exotic weapons per week, how many exotics are even out there

What made you think they wouldn't be?

I expected them to be usable still for the base experience. Problem is the fact that the base experience just changed. 30 is the new 26. NF and weeklies are 30 now. Without burn fully levelled weapons do subpar damage in NF and weeklies. 323 is the new fully levelled. 300 is now more like 280 in relation to the new baseline. My gun got useless for something it used to be fine for.

zewone

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Hang on!

WTF!?!?!?

Yes, you can see in this photo he will offer 6 armor and 6 weapon upgrades per week:

xur_upgrades.jpg

Not necessarily. You can't buy ass mats from Xur. Plus, I can play the Nightfall and maybe get an Exotic.

You can buy ass mats from every vendor in the Tower that sells legendary gear. You can play NF and get lots of ass mats or a legendary weapon that dismantles into ass energy or an engram that decodes into ass. Ass is easy to find, even without the raid.

The time to grind 200,000+ XP for an exotic is harder to come by.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Hang on!

WTF!?!?!?

Yeah this is the straw that broke my back, bungie.

I hope you got a plan B, cause you might see a ton of people bail soon.

It's quite simple really. Stop punishing players for spending time in your game.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Hang on!

WTF!?!?!?

Yuuuuup.

Why are they useless? Will the triggers not work any longer?

All current legendaries are going to be weaker than DLC legendaries, and, at least according to the info we've been given in the blog post, there is no way to upgrade them. All legendary stock is refreshed on DLC day with the newer, more powerful legendaries.

...And they lost me again.

Honestly, I think I might be at this same point. This is just the last straw.

Lack of content, overpriced DLC (for me), horrible game design decisions, unfulfilled promises...There IS a great game somewhere in Destiny, but Bungie seems to be clueless when it comes to managing and building it.

realcZk

hold your horses, it's 6 exotic armors/6 exotic weapons per week, how many exotics are even out there

why's it matter when every week all 6 armors will be sunbreakers!

haha, well as of now there's 20 (?) weapons and 18 (?) armors? Just counted in my head so surely not accurate.

Sorry guys, I'm not on the outrage train. I think this is sensible. You can get new Exotics with new damage cap or upgrade current exotics to buff them if you'd like.

Try and have fun all. It's only a grind if you're not enjoying yourself. And if you're not enjoying yourself the problem is bigger than upgrading some guns.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Thinking of all the implications of this is making me want to drop the game. I finally got good items, including Hawkmoon, and have been getting into it again lately but this is making it hard to want to continue.

SkylineRKR

This game is so small in scale, that they have to rework everything after just 3 months every time. After a month a lot of people were maxed out, that means they have to find a way to keep them hooked. Levels beyond 20 are tied to gear, so they can't just raise the cap and be done with it. Just adding a few nodes would mean a week of grinding and then you're 32 with weapons maxed to the new cap.

If this game was bigger, more varied and everything a standard leveling system would've sufficed. But its not. So they do things like this, betting on gamers that are crazy enough to endure another few months of grinding for that overall increase.

Its bad, but I wasn't planning on buying the DLC anyway.

The current Exotic system is suspect too. Is it really easier as Deej says? I am fucking loaded with ass mats because of Raids, dailies, dismantles etc. Pre patch I could max all my exotics. Now I have to wait for Xur because I only had about 4 exotic things I could shard.

Dude, that is still unacceptable.

There are quite a lot of Exotic Armors and Exotic Weapons out there and there will be even more soon.

Plus, why should I have to wait to upgerade what I already have? What if I miss a weekend?

If they are going to do this, the LEAST they should do is make Xur a permanent fixture at The Tower, not just a weekend thing.

mekes

Guess what Bungie? I haven't bought the expansion yet, and is it any wonder why!!

If this turns out to be true, I'm done with the game. Many other games I can play.

I am kind of speechless.

I am one the biggest Destiny fans in the world, I have 3 characters at 29-30. I have played over 500 hours.

I sharded a bunch of exotics on monday to upgrade my favorites only to be told today that I will have to re level each one and spend another shard..

ontop of that I have to hope that a Xur has my exotic in stock to upgrade it? Also you have to be 30 to lead a raid group, I have raided every single week since it came out and have one character at 30 the rest have had bad luck.

WOW.

I Cant.. and I fucking LOVE this game.

Gurrry

I hope this gets sorted out sooner rather than later

This is the type of mentality that Destiny is thriving on.

"I hope Bungie can fix this!"

"Please bungie, give us x and y!"

"Bungie - please implement Z"

I used to tell all my friends that played destiny and hated it that "Oh a fix is coming for that!". or "Well in the next update theyre going to change this, so that will make it better!"

But in reality, looking back on it, I was in a hard state of denial.

Caineghis

Neo Member
I don't know how to feel about this, i happy that my old exotics can be reused but i don't want to lose all the time and progress i spent leveling them up to max.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh man I hope Bungie is ready for the onslaught of hate mail they're going to get.

And they deserve every letter.
I'm still waiting for Xur to sell Gjallahorn. Imagine waiting for that AND for the upgrade to come up again.

Hell, imagine if Xur only offers upgrades for Sunbreakers 5 weeks in a row. lol

Iorv3th

This is what I'm wondering. I'm stuck at lvl 29 light 117 because I can't get the damn boots. If I can get my exotic chest to light 33 however then I won't need the boots to reach lvl 30.

Feel you. I was able to get the boots from iron banner, then after I get those and leveling them up I end up getting the raid boots to drop. The RNG is just constantly laughing at you.

I also haven't been able to get a titan helmet, did the hard raid twice and got a chatterwhite and a legendary sparrow. Could buy an exotic helm to get to 30 but xur hasn't had them in stock for like 2 months. He had the engram but anytime I waste motes of light on engrams he gives me something for a different character class.

Now there is almost no point to play the game until the new content comes out so that I can them grind to purchase/get new gear. I mean there isn't even a point to level up my current exotics as they don't have to be upgraded to turn them in for the new version. Guess i'll play next week, no real point to play before then.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm still waiting for Xur to sell Gjallahorn. Imagine waiting for that AND for the upgrade to come up again.

Hell, imagine if Xur only offers upgrades for Sunbreakers 5 weeks in a row. lol

Everyone probably already has Sunbreakers so Xur is just supplying the demand.

darkwing

Dude, that is still unacceptable.

There are quite a lot of Exotic Armors and Exotic Weapons out there and there will be even more soon.

Plus, why should I have to wait to upgerade what I already have? What if I miss a weekend?

If they are going to do this, the LEAST they should do is make Xur a permanent fixture at The Tower, not just a weekend thing.

you don't need to 'upgrade' DLC items, this is only for existing/old exotics

Top Bottom