• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
11187257_395090974030995_5830421352552650717_o.jpg

@_@ you're learning the ways of the warlock quickly

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Reposting for new page, but can we please capitalize the 'M' in 'middle' in the new OT title?

Adheres with all major style manual's specifications for titles, and is also a pet peeve of mine...
Veto, we're using sentence case, and capitalizing House and Reef as proper nouns.

Hoodbury

Reposting for new page, but can we please capitalize the 'M' in 'middle' in the new OT title?

Adheres with all major style manual's specifications for titles, and is also a pet peeve of mine...

Veto, we're using sentence case, and capitalizing House and Reef as proper nouns.

If we are changing the lyrics to 'the' instead of 'our' at the end because the game term is "The Reef", then we should capitalize "The" as well.

Destiny |OT★21| Our House, in the Middle of The Reef

/runs away

Now that he's level 32, my Warlock basically exists so I can run Nightfalls and weekly Heroic's twice a week. Otherwise he keeps the bench warm.

Remains to be seen if the Titan (coming next week OMG) will join her there.

Its not so bad, especislly if you have spare gear around. It is only the last level that takes an inordinate amount of time. My Titan took about 1 week to go from scratch to level 31 and another 4+ weeks for the final level.

Unless you are talking max level for HoW, Level32 should be very easy to obtain. I would also highly recommend it since Titan has quickly become my favorite class.

How long you folks going to be rolling? Would love to hop on but need to finish some life stuff, plus the TLord post, plus the new OT is going to be rolling around way sooner than I expected at this current rate o_O

Some of our best matches were when Unstabie and my non-Gaf friends were arguing about gun control while I was eating an ice cream sandwich, lol. There aren't many matches where the competition level demands full attention, although sometimes it's hard to flip the switch back from steamroll to pro mode.

I will probably be there for an hour or two. Yeah, I was there those matches were fun.
I was just sitting there, being a little bit sick and didn't even pay attention. And then I saw I had at least 2.0 kd per match :p

stb

Sorry to interrupt the serious business of debating the OT21 title, but was lag for Crucible *bananas* this weekend for anyone else?

I had a green bar in orbit and through matchmaking, but as soon as the round started, at least 2/3 of the people in the game went yellow/red bar, including myself.

I'm on a wired connection that has never had problems like this (not this bad, even during IB).

Some of our best matches were when Unstabie and my non-Gaf friends were arguing about gun control while I was eating an ice cream sandwich, lol. There aren't many matches where the competition level demands full attention, although sometimes it's hard to flip the switch back from steamroll to pro mode.

Gun control as in Destiny shooting mechanics? Or gun control as in real life politics? It would be kinda funny to hear someone talk about real gun control as they are performing virtual headshots.

Sorry to interrupt the serious business of debating the OT21 title, but was lag for Crucible *bananas* this weekend for anyone else?

I had a green bar in orbit and through matchmaking, but as soon as the round started, at least 2/3 of the people in the game went yellow/red bar, including myself.

I'm on a wired connection that has never had problems like this (not this bad, even during IB).

I was seeing a lot of lag yesterday.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm playing with a Titan to reach 5000 kills in Crucible.

19 kills... first above everybody in the match.

It is easy to play with any char in this game bit I miss the melee power of Warlocks... so I don't use Melee with Titan or Hunter.

GhaleonEB

Its not so bad, especislly if you have spare gear around. It is only the last level that takes an inordinate amount of time. My Titan took about 1 week to go from scratch to level 31 and another 4+ weeks for the final level.

Unless you are talking max level for HoW, Level32 should be very easy to obtain. I would also highly recommend it since Titan has quickly become my favorite class.

I have quite a bit of exotic and legendary armor, so she'll vault up as high as she can with those out the gates, after which I assume I'll just ascend the gear. She'll also have some good tools once she hits 20 - I'm dropping bounties on Thunderlord, Fatebringer, Suros and Hawkmoon, though I have yet to fire a shot with them. She'll be the first.

I have zero kills with hand cannons, as I've been saving them up for the Titan. Should be fun build, I hope.

'Member when we were all posting selfies last week and it was fun?

Now we're arguing over OT titles and grammar shit...

Guess that's what happens when you get into a serious relationship... the honeymoon phase is officially over.

Ramirez

Anyone know if care packages from factions are rolled at the time they're placed in your mailbox? Like, can I hold them for the expansion, and then possibly get the new stuff?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But...it's a title? This OT title followed the rules for titles, as did OT19.
Shockingly, Chicago, MLA and APA all lack specific style conventions for the titles of community official threads on videogame forums. I mean sentence case is preferable in this use since the original line being referenced is merely a fragment from a song lyric and we want to distinguish House and Reef as proper nouns, not just title-level words, and "Middle" isn't anything of note at all oh sweet merciful god why do I insert myself into these arguments, you're right about title case, someone else decide
If we are changing the lyrics to 'the' instead of 'our' at the end because the game term is "The Reef", then we should capitalize "The" as well.

Destiny |OT★21| Our House, in the Middle of The Reef

/runs away
this was a good notion, but Bungie evidently doesn't consider the article part of its proper place name i.e.
Otpay0W.png

I have quite a bit of exotic and legendary armor, so she'll vault up as high as she can with those out the gates, after which I assume I'll just ascend the gear. She'll also have some good tools once she hits 20 - I'm dropping bounties on Thunderlord, Fatebringer, Suros and Hawkmoon, though I have yet to fire a shot with them. She'll be the first.

I have zero kills with hand cannons, as I've been saving them up for the Titan. Should be fun build, I hope.

That will be a lot of fun using those for your first time.

I used to downplay Fatebringer because I enjoy VoC so much and the fact I didn't have one. Now that I do, I am changing my tune. VoC is still sublime, but Fatebringer just wrecks shit. First gun to ascend to 365 for sure. Have fun

Namikaze1

Y-you have never shot a fire with Fatebringer or Hawkmoon?!

You're missing out!!!

Guess that's what happens when you get into a serious relationship... the honeymoon phase is officially over.

I wouldn't call it arguing so much as being overly pedantic. That's what we do on the Internet. Especially during downtime in the calm before the storm.

Shockingly, Chicago, MLA and APA all lack specific style conventions for the titles of community official threads on videogame forums. I mean sentence case is preferable in this use since the original line being referenced is merely a fragment from a song lyric and we want to distinguish House and Reef as proper nouns, not just title-level words, and "Middle" isn't anything of note at all oh sweet merciful god why do I insert myself into these arguments, you're right about title case, someone else decide

this was a good notion, but Bungie evidently doesn't consider the article part of its proper place name i.e.
Otpay0W.png

Time to make our mark on syntactic grammar history! I suppose we'll just let whoever makes the OT decide - who's doing that nowadays, anyways?

I wouldn't call it arguing so much as being overly pedantic. That's what we do on the Internet. Especially during downtime in the calm before the storm.

"Overly pedantic"? Isn't that a bit repetitive? I think you could cut out the word "overly" for a leaner sentence.

Sorry for double shitpost

Hoodbury

Just helping the argument that the OT isn't all LFG posts. :p

Otpay0W.png

Um, well then it should be "our" like the song is like I said in the first place, haha. Oh my, I need to do something else.

phen0m24

Listen here, Gjallarhorn bib..

Dude this weekend I told Ragarra to bust you because I thought you deleted me. Then I realized you weren't even in the party with your name on it.

I Loled - Party fail

GhaleonEB

Y-you have never shot a fire with Fatebringer or Hawkmoon?!
I've had Hawkmoon for a month, and Fatebringer for two weeks, and never used them. Just pulled'em out to drop bounties on. My Titan will start using two half-leveled hand cannons when she hits 20. Though I plan for hand cannons to be her primary from the get go, so I can get used to them.

Also, as a suggestion, let's dial down the thread title discussion. It's fine (and fun!) in small doses but the last 1,000 posts of a thread shouldn't be about it. Let the OP poster pick it and we'll all cope. :p

I like sticking people with tripmines and watch them try to escape with their buddies around them. Boom!

On the topic of worst jumps. Titans is pure trash. I cannot get to grips with it at all. Warlocks is ok, fun for being different. But the best is the hunter. Classic jumping / double / triple its all good.

As for blink it messes with my mind. I should try it more but I just can't do it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also, as a suggestion, let's dial down the thread title discussion. It's fine (and fun!) in small doses but the last 1,000 posts of a thread shouldn't be about it. Let the OP poster pick it and we'll all cope. :p
i am finding my notions of what is appropriate to discuss in a community thread well and truly muddled.

the undying mind is my favorite strike with a good group

Ramirez

I've had Hawkmoon for a month, and Fatebringer for two weeks, and never used them. Just pulled'em out to drop bounties on. My Titan will start using two half-leveled hand cannons when she hits 20. Though I plan for hand cannons to be her primary from the get go, so I can get used to them.

Fuck me.

rNilla

DestinyGAF is desperate for content. The hunger for the House is real.

LTWood12

i am finding my notions of what is appropriate to discuss in a community thread well and truly muddled.

the undying mind is my favorite strike with a good group

I like it too. I also really like Dust Palace, which for some reason everyone seems to hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom