• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

You make it all sound so appealing.

Don't ask why, I'm seriously really motivated to help you do this right now.
Could be the endorphine high of workday on Friday almost over, but it's how I'm feeling.

Would help run story missions with you for your second character and I could make my third in the process. My good buddy (SAPSNAKE) would probably be willing to jump in with his newly minted third as well.

MISSION GET DAEDALIUS THE LAST WORD is ready to deploy!

EDIT: PAGE TOPPER!

Did you know you can do a barrel roll in a Pike?

hn9eGug.gif

(gif courtesy of me, Xbox Clips, and Imgur--what a lovely marriage of websites!)

Count me in as someone who has no clue what the deal is with the 'Prison of Elders' OT title suggestion.

My guess: Destiny's grindfest is being compared to a prison? And all the day 1 or long time players are the "Elders"?

Looking Good! Looked you up on Bnet. If you were to max the gear you're wearing in that picture it would get you to 29. I see your helmet is a vanilla legendary w/ a max light level of 27, so you should work toward trying to purchase a helmet from the Vanguard (Ikora Rey).

Your blue boots max at 15 light. Try spending some time in the Strike Playlist (Vanguard Roc), and you'll probably earn some better blue boots as a reward (Max light 20/21). Plus you'll be earning marks and rep toward buying gear.

These two things would get you to 30, then you're on the home stretch of raid RNG.

Thanks for the info! :D

been using Hawkian's guide and yeah the helmet was my random legendary RNG

i've hit my marks for the week so i gotta wait?

LordofPwn

We miss you Pwn! A few less active DGAF'ers here, from November:

CC0hqM7UkAAPypa.jpg:large

No incentive to do weekly or daily activities (i've got everything) other than raids to help out my clan. once HoW drops i'll be more active. it's given me time to pick at my backlog mountain.

I always check in here everyday even if i dont post.

Im watching

future memories will be had.

GutZ31

Thanks for the info! :D

been using Hawkian's guide and yeah the helmet was my random legendary RNG

i've hit my marks for the week so i gotta wait?

You can still level up vanguard and get a chance at random loot, as well as commendations to be used to buy from the vanguard.

daedalius

Don't ask why, I'm seriously really motivated to help you do this right now.
Could be the endorphine high of workday on Friday almost over, but it's how I'm feeling.

Would help run story missions with you for your second character and I could make my third in the process. My good buddy (SAPSNAKE) would probably be willing to jump in with his newly minted third as well.

MISSION GET DAEDALIUS THE LAST WORD is ready to deploy!

EDIT: PAGE TOPPER!

Did you know you can do a barrel roll in a Pike?

hn9eGug.gif

I'm trying to get on to do something, but my internet just shit the bed

shermas

I did some MM ROC matches last night that were a total blast... I know the MM gets crapped on here, but we Titan bubbled/shotgunned our way thru every ROC strike in record time. It was incredible. Two new xbox friends made, as well

If you don't have a second character, consider making one. Make it the same class as your current one (Titan, yes?). If you do that, once you hit level 20 you can literally jump to the same level as you main character by moving the armors over via that vault (I use the companion app or B.net because that's WAYYY faster). You can also move weapons over the same way.

Once you do all that, do the weekly for the second character (I would be happy to help) for another 9 coins. One of the missions of the game guarantees a coin, and then you have the gold chests on Mars again for the other character for literally 11 guaranteed coins you need.

Grindy, yes (YOUR FAVORITE!) but totally doable in a solid maybe 6-8 hours total. And you've got all the way until 5am/2am (EST/PST) Sunday morning to do that. The bounties help get XP a METRIC *** TON in terms of time.

would it take that long if you had a high level sherpa that can litterly carry you thruogh all the story missions? on heroic no less

GutZ31

would it take that long if you had a high level sherpa that can litterly carry you thruogh all the story missions? on heroic no less

A little faster, but not by much in some cases.

You get a pretty good amount from shooting and killing things, but it is true that you get the most from completing missions, so a sherpa can speed the process up.

I need a swordbearer.

in the words of Abraham Lincoln;

"Get Good."

I could help if you're doing something soon.

shermas

any xboners with the HM GC? feeling like today is the day I don't just get shards from that chest.

just got my titan to 32.. finally. a 32 hunter and 32 titan. and an 18 warlock.

A little faster, but not by much in some cases.

You get a pretty good amount from shooting and killing things, but it is true that you get the most from completing missions, so a sherpa can speed the process up.

in the words of Abraham Lincoln;

"Get Good."

I could help if you're doing something soon.

c'mon Gutz, it's "get gud"... if you're going to quote historical figures, at least do it correctly...

smh... 8D

edit: Boguester, great job on the OP!!!!

Homeboyd

Yes, I was having trouble. I've done it before, so I don't know why I was struggling.

We're going to try again Saturday night if you are interested in joining the frustration.
I'll help. Get rogue in there. He will shoot 40 rockets to every 1 everyone else shoots. Crota STAYS on his knees. Yeah that's exactly how I meant it.

todd360

Boguester do you want me to pm you the guardian lord list in text or something? I had to type it all out again myself last OT and I wouldn't want you to have to go through that lol.

I have it in a excel file.

By the way, Xbone people, I won't be around to carry over the checkpoint this tuesday. I expect you guys can hook me up when I get home. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom