• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

That wasn't even Saint-14 shenanigans

something about a titan bubble will make even the most collected and skilled players lose their fucking minds and scream "I have to kill that motherfucker responsible for making this purple dome. He dies today. My order demands it."

That has never happened to me, nope.
It totally has =/

FyreWulff

something about a titan bubble will make even the most collected and skilled players lose their fucking minds and scream "I have to kill that motherfucker responsible for making this purple dome. He dies today. My order demands it."

Yep. Been doing this in Osiris. Even the most headcool players just lose their damn mind once I put down a bubble.

A lot of people treat all supers the same way.

They hear a Golden Gun or Blade Dancer pop and they run straight to it thinking they'll be the ones to take out the guy using the super.

SkylineRKR

Solo'd crota raid NM, Nighthawk for the final strike:

vMB36L.gif

Pretty nice, though the sword pickup after Nighthawk is borked. It seems you have to wait for a bit. Love Nighthawk. Just wish its GG animation was different, like a more kickass trigger fan shot.

Yep, when I see a bubble go up it has to be destroyed immediately.

SkylineRKR

I wonder, are they going to troll Xbox owners by selling NLB... or hand out MC/Hawk/4th immediately?

By Bungie logic, I guess its the former.

Spoo

Bad news, friend.

It's PlayStation exclusive so Xur can't sell it until after the 1 year exclusivity is up. Which luckily is only a few weeks away.

Even knowing this, I still hope.

But I'd take a thorn or a last word if he wants to throw me a bone. (I have 0 exotic hand cannons -- but a million auto rifles/scout/pulse lol)

SpecX

Now when I hear either I just look at my super and think "Yup. That's why I save my titan smash..."

Same here. I save the smash exclusively for defender Titans as everyone huddles inside there and it's an easy multi kill opportunity.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

I'm guilty of this. Dome crazy (😂😂😂) is a real thing breh

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you maybe want to link it?
I'm certain he's talking about an individual game... not a whole new 100 group... right?

Pretty sure I've honed in on what I wanna try for this. I really wish the site let you be more granular looking over the data. And there are some things I just don't get
aIwNFEu.png

I mean it filters each of those as separate timezones. Why? ;_; is UTC offensive to some people?

But oh well.

I'm thinking we should go with this basically, for the PS4 groups try to consider the time frame that you frequently play (and especially the time frame that would be convenient for you to schedule activities in advance):

5 total groups:

• Early Hours EST & UK/EU (PS4)
  • Late Hours EST (PS4)
  • Xbox One
  • PvP-Only
  • Sherpa Central (IMO this is what we should use the existing test group for, leaving only organizers/sherpas in it and using it basically just for organizational and communication purposes rather than any day-to-day group formation; thanks for the idea GutZ)

I'm going to create the missing groups (so currently we have the ones that will be Early Hours ET | UK/EU, Xbox One, and Sherpas) and do up some pretty links to them and then we can start to reorganize.

You can join up to 3 groups; however, until things shake out and we see how many after users we've got in each of the PS4 groups, please only join one of the two if you're on PS4. Multiplatform players should obviously join the PS4 group of their choice as well as the Xbox group.

If you need to be able to be in more than 3 groups, i.e. I guess a multiplatform player who wants to sherpa as well as have access to the PvP-only group, I suggest creating an extra account using an alt email and using it solely for a single group.

If you've got an existing group listing up in the test group I may have just accidentally shut you out by clicking a very deceptive option in the group settings and I apologize for that. We'll get you back in ASAP and you should just go ahead and stick around in the group until whatever content you were gonna do gets done before leaving.

Thanks for your patience while we get this all sorted guys! I think it'll be a great resource.

Time to change the topic :p

My final DGAF meetup of this trip, none other that our very own Sword Master aka Darth Penguin aka Dhruv!

MyNh4rx.jpg

That marks the end of this amazing trip, and I'll just finish by listing the DGAFers I met up with over the course of this month:

No0blet16
Gala aka Galavita
Lima aka Revolver Ned
GlamFM
EJROBINSON
TearsofBlood
Dhruv_hanom aka Darth Penguin

Had an amazing time and looking forward to meeting more splendid DGAF folk in the future!

Hon'ble mention: Deej and Lars @ Gamescomm :)

Also Fig who was a stone's throw away but apparently doesn't know how to swim :p

It was really fun meeting you irl l ruthless! Took just 3 light beers for me to get high ahah
Looking forward to seeing you again this october.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why is my membership pending approval by a moderator on the100 now? Wasn't like that an hour ago
This is my fault. sorry. The option "require approval of new members" in the settings took a rather dramatic interpretation of what that means. I just need ichabod to readd me and I can sort the rest.

We have to make sure you actually have the gjallarhorn.

I ACTIVELY HAVE THREE (thanks Xur)

This is my fault. sorry. The option "require approval of new members" in the settings took a rather dramatic interpretation of what that means. I just need ichabod to readd me and I can sort the rest.

Ah ok. No worries. Just couldn't figure out what I did wrong because I just confirmed my email address and then it all blew up.

ALSO: Klyka, you around? I can't reach you on the100 for reasons above. I'm ready when you are. PSN: GKW212

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lol at 119 pending members. Hawks shouldnt use computers.

I think he is supposed to sound timid and scared and worried, compared to your guardian that seems to be calm and collected.

Yeah I agree with you about the characterization angle, which I like in theory. But the actual execution is not my cup of tea from the admittedly limited snippets we've heard. His vocal tone with whatever audio manipulation they added plus the writing plus the vocal direction they apparently gave both actors...

Part of my issue is that I don't understand what a Ghost is, as an entity. So I have a hard time relating to whatever emotions it's experiencing. They keep going for this man-machine hybrid thing so he has a personality, but also flat and robotic. It's hard for me to engage with the characterization of such a thinly drawn character, voice acting or otherwise.

Join my party if you can plz.

Team first try after a certian scrub-lord stopped weighing them down *cough cough*

Even knowing this, I still hope.

But I'd take a thorn or a last word if he wants to throw me a bone. (I have 0 exotic hand cannons -- but a million auto rifles/scout/pulse lol)

Thorn is only Obtainable by bounty, and xur sold TLW a couple weeks ago, so not likely.

My guess this week is plan C or T lord

sikkinixx

Hit Level 3 in IB. *phew* Getting close. I can't play all weekend so tomorrow I need to get to Level 4 at least so I can get Felwinter's whatever.

I also got up to level 33! Exciting! I got a Last Word during one of the matches, which is cool I guess but I don't really like it too much, not my style of play.

Yeah I agree with you about the characterization angle, which I like in theory. But the actual execution is not my cup of tea from the admittedly limited snippets we've heard. His vocal tone with whatever audio manipulation they added plus the writing plus the vocal direction they apparently gave both actors...

Part of my issue is that I don't understand what a Ghost is, as an entity. So I have a hard time relating to whatever emotions it's experiencing. They keep going for this man-machine hybrid thing so he has a personality, but also flat and robotic. It's hard for me to engage with the characterization of such a thinly drawn character, voice acting or otherwise.

Team first try after a certian scrub-lord stopped weighing them down *cough cough*
Hey! I left for time! Thanks, though. I have one more friend who is going to ask for help. Last one, I swear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Solo'd crota raid NM, Nighthawk for the final strike:

vMB36L.gif

Pretty nice, though the sword pickup after Nighthawk is borked. It seems you have to wait for a bit. Love Nighthawk. Just wish its GG animation was different, like a more kickass trigger fan shot.
Ahhh I want it sooo bad.

Namikaze1

Not sure if this will work or not. Clicking on each pic is suppose to send you to a post containing some general information on each race. Probably won't work on mobile.

Will do one on the Taken once we have (a ton) more info on them.

Edit: yep, doesn't work on mobile. knew it.

Ophelion

Ahhh I want it sooo bad.

You don't already have Nighthawk, Hawkian? How on earth could that be possible?

It's the exotic that actually got me to play my Hunter. The sense of power you get from landing a headshot with that uber solar round is palpable.

Having practiced with throwing knives I like them quite a bit now too.

Gunslinger grenades are still pitiful and/or personally hazardous, though.

Top Bottom