• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Yeah I agree with you about the characterization angle, which I like in theory. But the actual execution is not my cup of tea from the admittedly limited snippets we've heard. His vocal tone with whatever audio manipulation they added plus the writing plus the vocal direction they apparently gave both actors...

Part of my issue is that I don't understand what a Ghost is, as an entity. So I have a hard time relating to whatever emotions it's experiencing. They keep going for this man-machine hybrid thing so he has a personality, but also flat and robotic. It's hard for me to engage with the characterization of such a thinly drawn character, voice acting or otherwise.

This is why I want to start hearing voice work for other ghosts. I want to hear Cayde's ghost, I expect it to be this excentric thing that's even more aggresive than Cayde is.

I want to hear the Speaker's Ghost, maybe it's as mysterious. Maybe it's so mysterious it's almost sinister, you know?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not sure if this will work or not. Clicking on each pic is suppose to send you to a post containing some general information on each race. Probably won't work on mobile.

Will do one on the Taken once we have (a ton) more info on them.

Edit: yep, doesn't work on mobile. knew it.
So cool, thanks for putting the work into this.
You don't already have Nighthawk, Hawkian? How on earth could that be possible?
Bad luck :( Still have Nightfalls to do this week at least...

Ophelion

Bad luck :( Still have Nightfalls to do this week at least...

RNGesus has a sick sense of irony.

This is why I want to start hearing voice work for other ghosts. I want to hear Cayde's ghost, I expect it to be this excentric thing that's even more aggresive than Cayde is.

I want to hear the Speaker's Ghost, maybe it's as mysterious. Maybe it's so mysterious it's almost sinister, you know?

All this talk about voiceacting just makes me want a Destiny: The Animated Series.

Namikaze1

I see most are offline and haven't responded to the chat on the site either so I'm reminding you all here:

J-wood
Igordennis
acidote
Samphire
Sengar

I have sent friend requests to those who aren't on my list. I'll be sending party chat invites 5 minutes before 7PM EST.

We're 35 minutes away from starting. Just wanted to remind you folks. :)

Navy Bean

lol

M17PGQO.png

You tell me, does this option give the impression that checking it will lock out all existing members including myself (a moderator)? XD
Hawk, when I set up the Xbone group I stared at that damn button for 90 seconds lol. In fact, most of the check-box stuff is written in a counter-intuitive way.

I'm certain he's talking about an individual game... not a whole new 100 group... right?

Pretty sure I've honed in on what I wanna try for this. I really wish the site let you be more granular looking over the data. And there are some things I just don't get
aIwNFEu.png

I mean it filters each of those as separate timezones. Why? ;_; is UTC offensive to some people?

But oh well.

I'm thinking we should go with this basically, for the PS4 groups try to consider the time frame that you frequently play (and especially the time frame that would be convenient for you to schedule activities in advance):

5 total groups:

• Early Hours EST & UK/EU (PS4)
  • Late Hours EST (PS4)
  • Xbox One
  • PvP-Only
  • Sherpa Central (IMO this is what we should use the existing test group for, leaving only organizers/sherpas in it and using it basically just for organizational and communication purposes rather than any day-to-day group formation; thanks for the idea GutZ)

I'm going to create the missing groups (so currently we have the ones that will be Early Hours ET | UK/EU, Xbox One, and Sherpas) and do up some pretty links to them and then we can start to reorganize.

You can join up to 3 groups; however, until things shake out and we see how many after users we've got in each of the PS4 groups, please only join one of the two if you're on PS4. Multiplatform players should obviously join the PS4 group of their choice as well as the Xbox group.

If you need to be able to be in more than 3 groups, i.e. I guess a multiplatform player who wants to sherpa as well as have access to the PvP-only group, I suggest creating an extra account using an alt email and using it solely for a single group.

If you've got an existing group listing up in the test group I may have just accidentally shut you out by clicking a very deceptive option in the group settings and I apologize for that. We'll get you back in ASAP and you should just go ahead and stick around in the group until whatever content you were gonna do gets done before leaving.

Thanks for your patience while we get this all sorted guys! I think it'll be a great resource.

I like where you're going with this, but i feel a bit estranged. Having set playtimes has always been the downfall of getting a regular crew that I run with. Between family life and a weird work schedule I never fit into one of those categories. If I'm working weekends, I play at night eastern time and during the day on weekdays. None of the presets on the 100 have that option, and breaking up the GAF groups along the same line doesn't make sense to me.

Last two for the night (I should have gone to bed quite a while ago :p). Taking into consideration inthrall's idea:
deadorbit_test2ybpb2.png

Crucible:
cruciblenzpx6.png

I want to fix this one so that the stroke around the logo properly aligns with the rest of the header (Top and bottom of crucible emblem)

Luckily I get off from work a little early tomorrow, so I'll be able to do one for FWC and New Monarchy hopefully.

Ophelion

ooh, yes please

Actually even better than that for me would be a tokusatsu style cheesy live action thing with all the different sub-classes represented by their own colored ranger and Crota standing in for Rita Repulsa.

Crota: After ten thousand years I'm free! Time to conquer earth!

Speaker: Ghost! Crota is loose! Quickly, recruit a team of teenagers dead people with attitude!

GO GO TOWER VANGUARD!

...but I don't know how many people past me would actually want that.

deafmedal

Shit, I'm not gonna make it through the weekend without playing, I'm a weirdo who likes bananas and it's a 3 day weekend... who am I kidding, Witcher just doesn't hold my interest much past an hour or two, I just think "I'd rather be playing Destiny!" Almost made it 3 weeks! Think it's my longest break yet :)

Gonna go ahead and preorder TTK CE, just a quick question in case anyone knows...
If I buy the TTK CE from Amazon will I get separate codes for everything? Basically I'd like to gift the TDB & HoW codes to someone who doesn't yet have them and is interested in TTK but not at that price point. If I preorder directly from Sony that would not be possible so I would be willing to go with Amazon to help a fellow Gaffer!

Oh, and yay to another way to make it harder for not so cool or god-like at the game peeps like me to find folks to play with :(

All this talk about voiceacting just makes me want a Destiny: The Animated Series.

To this day, I am shocked that ActiBungie or whoever didn't reach out to whoever and do a Destiny-themed Animatrix, an anime anthology of Tales from the Grimoire or whatever.

So uh... I've got the Hard Mode challenges and lvl34 PoE left for the Year 1 Triumphs. I bet everybody else here has long since completed theirs?

Actually even better than that for me would be a tokusatsu style cheesy live action thing with all the different sub-classes represented by their own colored ranger and Crota standing in for Rita Repulsa.

Crota: After ten thousand years I'm free! Time to conquer earth!

Speaker: Ghost! Crota is loose! Quickly, recruit a team of teenagers dead people with attitude!

GO GO TOWER VANGUARD!

...but I don't know how many people past me would actually want that.

oh man, I was at the prime age when this stuff first came on. didnt like it, And I was even into Japanese monster movies at the time. I dont hate it, just indifferent to it

GutZ31

I like where you're going with this, but i feel a bit estranged. Having set playtimes has always been the downfall of getting a regular crew that I run with. Between family life and a weird work schedule I never fit into one of those categories. If I'm working weekends, I play at night eastern time and during the day on weekdays. None of the presets on the 100 have that option, and breaking up the GAF groups along the same line doesn't make sense to me.

You are ALWAYS free to text me, PM, or jump in my party chat bud.

Ophelion

To this day, I am shocked that ActiBungie or whoever didn't reach out to whoever and do a Destiny-themed Animatrix, an anime anthology of Tales from the Grimoire or whatever.

So uh... I've got the Hard Mode challenges and lvl34 PoE left for the Year 1 Triumphs. I bet everybody else here has long since completed theirs?

The PoE Triumph is actually a lvl35 challenge...because Bungie. I haven't done it yet either.

And yeah, it's the right kind of property that they could totally go multi-media with it. Cartoon show, action figures, comic books, novels...movies? Maybe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, I see what you're saying. If you can't regularly schedule stuff in advance to begin with because of your personal schedule, it's not all that useful a resource in the first place- but if you do feel it would still be valuable to you, you're a good candidate to simply be in both groups.

Though I mean, per your specific issue of getting a regular group to play with because you can't adhere to set playtimes, I don't know how the100 or anything else really can resolve that issue exactly.

If there's a different way to organize it that would diminish it you can think of though, definitely hit me with it. I've been going over the info I have in front of me for hours and this is the best I've come up with.

I see most are offline and haven't responded to the chat on the site either so I'm reminding you all here:

J-wood
Igordennis
acidote
Samphire
Sengar

I have sent friend requests to those who aren't on my list. I'll be sending party chat invites 5 minutes before 7PM EST.

We're 35 minutes away from starting. Just wanted to remind you folks. :)

I'm aware.

Sadly I just haven't had the urge to play Destiny with TTK so close. I just feel like everything is a waste of time, seeing as the new weapons will be better than anything I can get right now, plus I have just about everything anyway. The Nightfalls especially; I'm so sick of Omnigul lol. Anyone else feel this way? At least I've finally gotten back to Witcher 3, plus a little Until Dawn.

zewone

Sadly I just haven't had the urge to play Destiny with TTK so close. I just feel like everything is a waste of time, seeing as the new weapons will be better than anything I can get right now, plus I have just about everything anyway. The Nightfalls especially; I'm so sick of Omnigul lol. Anyone else feel this way? At least I've finally gotten back to Witcher 3, plus a little Until Dawn.

100%. I'm not doing any NFs (I have every exotic anyways).

I'm just playing PVP until TTK and maybe help with whatever PVE content friends need.

Deku Tree

You’ll unlock the quest to your new subclass within the first hour of the campaign.

thx... wondering if I should save most of my saved Public Event Packages EXP until after I get my third subclass.

Yeah I been doing NF+Weekly very quickly each Tuesday. I got revenant DO shader from a DO package this week based upon the 3000 rep that I get each week doing NF+Weekly 3x. Otherwise mainly taking a break.

todd360

Laced-up Lauren is the next community guest right? Man this should be awkward.

Why does everyone here seem to know these famous destiny players? I had no idea there were so many. Looks up Lauren.

....I don't think my heart is healthy enough for deej and lace taken king stream. Must consult doctor.

Ophelion

I pretty much only do Nightfalls now if I can solo them. Forget you people, I'll do it myself!

I don't have a void primary though, so I'm skipping this week.

Why does everyone here seem to know these famous destiny players? I had no idea there were so many. Looks up Lauren.

....I don't think my heart is healthy enough for deej and lace taken king stream. Must consult doctor.

That bad?

Top Bottom