• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty sure most people don't do the NF for the cosmetic reward, they do it for the chance at good loot.
Not the cosmetic reward, but it was for me about 50/50 the xp/rep buff and the loot roll. I relied on the Nightfall XP a lot for leveling stuff :)

But I mean, Nightfall rewards are all still per character, right?

Namikaze1

Raid done!

Beat all phases in our first attempt except for Atheon. Had to wipe due to losing someone back on past-Venus during the Gatekeeper phase.

Damn those are some pretty big changes to the weekly things. Not sure how i feel about that

And great VoG guys, our first io raid was a success!

Deku Tree

So you have to switch characters doing theNF 3x, but you can do the legendary heroic strike three times on the same character or whatever character and either way get the full rewards three times? Sounds good.

The only thing missing is account wide reputation with the tower vendors. A big reason to switch characters for the weekly is to grind reputation. Plz give it to us!

With no boot to orbit for the NF, the next thing for them to announce is Push Button Match Making for NFs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Destiny for me is here and on PSN. No need to go to any other place for my Destiny needs.

Anybody up for weekly x2?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So no more 3x daily/weekly/nightfalls?

Nami post if you're okay

Please correct me someone if I'm reading wrong buuut I think it's:

3x weekly Nightfall (one on each character)
3x weekly Heroic (can be done on any combination of characters or all 3 on one character)
1x daily heroic/PvP (any character)

Namikaze1

So no more 3x daily/weekly/nightfalls?

Nami post if you're okay
No 3x Daily? YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

No 3x Weekly? Lol! Like I care.

No 3x Nightfall? *flips tables, chairs, ladders, Math, fig, Todd, Hawkian, DGAF, DestinyLFG, Bungie*

Edit: *reads Hawkian's post above*

Hmm...

zewone

Please correct me someone if I'm reading wrong buuut I think it's:

3x weekly Nightfall (one on each character)
3x weekly Heroic (can be done on any combination of characters or all 3 on one character)
1x daily heroic/PvP (any character)

Sounds right.

Plus 3x weekly PvP bounty (one for each character) for NF level rewards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

No 3x Nightfall? *flips tables, chairs, ladders, Math, fig, Todd, Hawkian, DGAF, DestinyLFG, Bungie*

No 3x daily. 3x weekly but on any character. Yes 3x Nightfall.
Sounds right.

Plus 3x weekly PvP bounty (one for each character) for NF level rewards.
Word, I forgot about that. So I suppose that means you can get 6 Nightfall tier rewards if you do both on all characters eh? The PvP quests sound fun.

todd360

I feel like I should buy a astro headset for taken king. My Golds can't have very much life left. The structural damage to the plastic is too great.

I just know they will snap in half on my head while fighting a raid boss.

Are those things even flippable...? :O

And NFs seems like will continue to be 3x soo unflip them :p

So you have to switch characters doing theNF 3x, but you can do the legendary heroic strike three times on the same character or whatever character and either way get the full rewards three times? Sounds good.

The only thing missing is account wide reputation with the tower vendors. A big reason to switch characters for the weekly is to grind reputation. Plz give it to us!

With no boot to orbit for the NF, the next thing for them to announce is Push Button Match Making for NFs.

it sounds like they're going to. there's really no barrier anymore now that they changed it. maybe people will start using voice chat in strikes now.

zewone

I feel like I should buy a astro headset for taken king. My Golds can't have very much life left. The structural damage to the plastic is too great.

I just know they will snap in half on my head while fighting a raid boss.

There's always this. lol

EarSet.png

Patch notes:
Many of you are wondering how you'll earn strange coins in Year 2. They have now been converted into a physical item that is sold in Collector's Editions.

😝

(Joking aside, I can't wait to get mine.)

vctor182

The death penalty of being kicked to orbit often leads to players feeling forced to play too safe, rather than running through the world as a monster killing machine.

Ohh Swe...

Now uses 30 second time-out penalty for Death (same as Raid Normal)

WTF?? Now we gotta play safe every 30 seconds someone dies because we can't revive him. I didn't mind the nightfall penalty, it was a chore yes but maybe they can just restart the strike instead of kicking us to orbit?

darthbob

LOL Bungie is creating a new bull rush of people who will buy the digital CE for $80 even though they already own everything because they want this extra vague "stuff"... Whatever it is...

I'm betting that the 'stuff' is going to be another Expansion Pass for the next two smaller expansions, but because TTK still hasn't released yet Activision isn't letting Bungie talk about future DLC yet.

Just a theory.

Now there's no excuse for there not to be MM for Nightfalls.

Tru7h.

todd360

Fig just shivered while playing metal gear solid V

*What was that weird flipping sensation? Oh well. Back to platinuming metal gear before Todd even gets to play it.*

Namikaze1

Okay, off to read the update.
Rip nami. You were a true titan bro. I'll never forget how selfless you were. 😭
I'll still be carrying you all like a true Titan bro. My bubble is ready to shield you all while my hammer is ready to strike these motherhawking Taken fools down!

That would be me and that's never happening again. Now I know how it is.
it was actually Igordennis. He died on "Mars"

Oh they're flippable. Trust me.

Kalamari

Could there be a possible questline for the raid, such as completing the PvP/NF/Heroic Weekly challenges?

Did we mention that you’ll need to confront the immediate threat first? Oryx lies between you and these challenges. You'll need to survive his wrath to partake in the new endgame.

Or is it the other way around? Maybe you have to beat the raid to get the weeklies to unlock.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You've already got arguably the best one in the matador. Gotta reroll it for shot package and some range boosts to get to the range cap though.

Cheers dude I'll do some rerolls for Shot Package. I'd been using fine in PVE but the perks it has for PVP make is shit unless point blank.

Uhhhh, but i like all 3 characters. I havt played with less than 3 regularly since November. Sorry molly, Cassandra but we aint gonna spend as much time together anymore

*Balls uncontrollably*
Eh, still gonna play all 3.

Daemul

Atleast now we know that we can cash in our bounties and public event packages as soon as we get our new subclasses since the nightfall bonus is gone, no need to hold on to that shit longer than necessary.

Virdix

There's always this. lol

EarSet.png

September 25th, 2014

11:47PM

VoG hard mode

Atheon dies and I get Vex Mythoclast, scream into that shitty little headset about my loot drop. No one hears me and asks how I got it when i get on the next day.

Run out of house and make it to work in time at midnight.

Thats what that headset reminds me of, lol.

Namikaze1

But seriously, I am glad I don't have to ever do daily 3 times ever again. And doing weekly 3x on your preferred Guardian is better for me than what we have now. I honestly don't care much about ranking factions now that I have my Revenant.
Maybe if you play your cards right I am ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

todd360

I need to acquire better internet and become a destiny streaming star so deej will invite me to live reveals.

Deej-senpai will notice me eventually. I'll make sure of it.

Or maybe I can get a job at kotaku. So I can interview deej. Zee vorld is my oyster.

Top Bottom