• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Namikaze1

So I'm expecting Nightfall (on the 15th) to be one of the new non-exclusive strikes. My bet is on Darkblade.

Now I need to get a third red bull code...

Deku Tree

I'm betting that the 'stuff' is going to be another Expansion Pass for the next two smaller expansions, but because TTK still hasn't released yet Activision isn't letting Bungie talk about future DLC yet.

Just a theory.

Sounds right.

But If they're selling two $20 expansions in year 2 then they'll give those people the first expansion. They're not going to give away a $35 expansion pass for people who overpayed by $20 for the digital CE.

So I'm expecting Nightfall (on the 15th) to be one of the new non-exclusive strikes. My bet is on Darkblade.

Now I need to get a third red bull code...

I wonder how it is going to work since TTK drops at midnight EST on Tuesday...which is 5 hours before the reset.

Will we still have 5 hours of extra XP bonus from the previous nightfall...?

Virdix

Should I be upgrading my purple gear before TTK? Or is it pointless?

If you're already 34, I'd say its pointless. Depends on how beneficial itll be towards you in these final weeks before TTK, personally I'm done buying/upgrading gear now. (RIP 42k glimmer and 600 weapon parts ;_;)

Kyoufu

The changes sound really great.

No more 3x Dailies. Thank God. I ended up just not doing them at all because of how much of a chore it became.

TTK is looking to be the GOAT expansion.

Daemul

But seriously, I am glad I don't have to ever do daily 3 times ever again. And doing weekly 3x on your preferred Guardian is better for me than what we have now. I honestly don't care much about ranking factions now that I have my Revenant.

Seriously, the more we hear about the changes coming with TTK the more I get the urge to return to my first Destiny love, my Titan. Bungie are making amazing changes which cater massively to people like me who want to play one character instead of doing everything on 3 characters, and I want that character to be the one who I started my journey with.

I don't know, it's probably nostalgia talking and I'll most likely rage quit back to my Hunter within a couple days after I get screwed over by Nightstalkers rolling all over the place in PvP with that fucking evade bullshit.
KuGsj.gif

zewone

I wonder how it is going to work since TTK drops at midnight EST on Tuesday...which is 5 hours before the reset.

Very likely TTK switch won't be flipped by Bungie at midnight. HoW was around 10AM or something.

Deku Tree

If you’re one of the limited number of players playing Destiny on a 20GB PS3 or Xbox 360 and have not already upgraded your storage space, you will run into storage limitations on your console when you attempt to install the update. Here are steps you can take to continue playing Destiny:

- Upgrade your available storage with currently-available storage solutions:
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360

- Upgrade your console – your Destiny Characters, gear, and progress will currently transfer if you upgrade either from PS3 to PS4 or from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Cross family data transfer (e.g. PS3 to Xbox One or Xbox 360 to PS4) is not supported.

- Contact Activision Customer Support at https://support.activision.com/destinyupgrade. If you are validated as an existing and active Destiny player on one of the 20GB consoles as of September 15, 2015, and you submit your validation requirements to us no later than December 31, 2015, we will assist you in finding the right solution for your console’s storage space.

Lol. Got a 20GB HDD on last gen? Get rekt!

Are we sure it's going to be playable at midnight EST? I thought the previous two expansions opened up during the afternoon or something. I know it says midnight on PSN but I feel like it won't be playable at that time.

Kyoufu

Very likely TTK switch won't be flipped by Bungie at midnight. HoW was around 10AM or something.

Are we sure it's going to be playable at midnight EST? I thought the previous two expansions opened up during the afternoon or something.

Right. TTK's license will be active at midnight EST however the actual thing won't go live until Bungie flips the switch at 10am.

At least, that's how I imagine things will work.

Deku Tree

Do people still own 20GB last gen consoles? Sony and MS were pretty much only selling 250GB+ consoles prior to the release of the PS4 and XBO.

They do if they bought at launch. My PS3 is 160GB. I think I'm gonna delete Destiny off my PS3 so it doesn't auto download this 20GB update. And TTK is not cross buy so no point...

zewone

Since we are suppose to not shard anything, do you know if having a legendary upgraded or not will affect how your light level is determined now?
GI article stated common items in TTK will have more light than our current legendary gear so I wouldn't worry about it.

As long as your 34 you should be fully prepared.

deafmedal

The only reason I've done NFs since probably Nov/Dec is for the XP boost :/
I gave up the hardcore grind early, and since I'm primarily a weekend warrior that boost helped me level gear more efficiently, even going as far to refuse to do anything but raids without it lol. Limited what characters I would play as if I didn't make it on for Tues reset triple runs...

I guess 1 positive is if I don't run NFs then it won't matter which character I choose to run with. That's cool, real cool :)

Hey Hawkian, maybe a Weekend Warrior group for that 100 thingy hopper!

Right. TTK's license will be active at midnight EST however the actual thing won't go live until Bungie flips the switch at 10am.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I don't think it'll go live until around 10 or 12am PST.

Would be nice if they flipped the switch on reset time though.

Tovarisc

"Destiny: The Taken King will have an exotic auto rifle called as Ukonvasara. This rifle fires arc bullets with chain lightning."

Neat function, but that name just takes the price. "Old mans hammer" would be somewhat accurate translation from Finnish. I wonder who is doing research and naming these weapons because seeing Finnish words used to name something ,and it to make actual sense for Finn is quite rare.

Kyoufu

They do if they bought at launch. My PS3 is 160GB. I think I'm gonna delete Destiny off my PS3 so it doesn't auto download this 20GB update. And TTK is not cross buy so no point...

20GB PS360 owners can upgrade their HDDs just like current gen owners can upgrade their HDDs. Nobody should have a problem with storage space.

Virdix

It'll be interesting, I remember going into Crotas end at midnight or reset when it launched. I remember because I did a LAN party with 2 other members of my OG raid team before they quit. As selfish as this, them launching at 10AM would be beneficial to me as I might be doing a night shift on the 15th.

"Destiny: The Taken King will have an exotic auto rifle called as Ukonvasara. This rifle fires arc bullets with chain lightning."

Neat function, but that name just takes the price. "Old mans hammer" would be somewhat accurate translation from Finnish. I wonder who is doing research and naming these weapons because seeing Finnish words used to name something ,and it to make actual sense for Finn is quite rare.

Thank you, I've been wanting to know more about that auto rifle.

darknil

I'm confused on when is the patch (not the expansion) is hitting and what will it change exactly.

How is going to be that week between patch and expansion?

Requiem

Bungie should Weasel everyone on Sept. 15th just before the update goes live then when you log back in the Taken King cinematic plays

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
One thing that has me super worried is Strike-specific gear. I can't stand running the same 1 thing over and over again to get that drop, nothing burns me out faster, and I always like that Destiny didn't have that sort of thing. I really hope they don't overdo that.

Trying to figure out what to do for the 1 year anniversary of this community. Probably gonna be a destiny related pic.

I had the book idea but didnt get enough interest sadly. Maybe we can take poeple down to venus 6 at atime and have a huge class photo in front of the vault door. Your photoshopping skills should be able to make that happen :)

Namikaze1

I had the book idea but didnt get enough interest sadly. Maybe we can take poeple down to venus 6 at atime and have a huge class photo in front of the vault door. Your photoshopping skills should be able to make that happen :)
I thought of something similar to that. Just have folks sending me pics of their guardians sitting down to add onto a big ass pic with the Traveler in the background.

Though it will be way too time consuming. But screw it. I'll do it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkian, maybe a Weekend Warrior group for that 100 thingy hopper!
Weekends Only (your name is better) was absolutely the next one on my list. If we run into any space issues in the new setup, that's what I'll be adding next. :D

I need mehrmentraut to make me (HawkianX1) a mod on the UK group... I guess he's long asleep right now. lol

Top Bottom