• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Kyoufu

Didn't the original Destiny release unlock by region, so it unlocked at 12am our(UK) time? Or am I remembering wrong?

I don't remember :(

I think it would be weird if TTK went live at midnight EST then reset again in the morning. If players reach level 40 before the reset they could sneak a few Nightfalls in and then do it all again after reset.

Hmm.

Lnkn52

Weekends Only (your name is better) was absolutely the next one on my list. If we run into any space issues in the new setup, that's what I'll be adding next. :D

I need mehrmentraut to make me (HawkianX1) a mod on the UK group... I guess he's long asleep right now. lol
I wonder how much would it be to create a similar website like 100.io that's specifically for GAF.

I was looking into WordPress templates with the same features but no luck so far.

So I've been having difficulty deciding right off the bat what ver. of TTK I should get.

XBONE
Or
PS4

Most of you guys have PS4 and I love all of you. My friend also have PS4s and is jumping back into Destiny with TTK. Also, all of my gear is on these characters.

I have 2 friends on XBONE that are avid Destiny players, both work with me so we have the same schedule mostly. I love the XBONE controller and it feels more stable on XBL then PSN. Also, some of you are on XBONE. Ugh.

I think it would be weird if TTK went live at midnight EST then reset again in the morning. If players reach level 40 before the reset they could sneak a few Nightfalls in and then do it all again after reset.

Hmm.
The update made it sound like everything was locked behind story completion. Including the strike playlist

Pretty sure its going to unlock midnight pst bungie time

GutZ31

So I've been having difficulty deciding right off the bat what ver. of TTK I should get.

XBONE
Or
PS4

Most of you guys have PS4 and I love all of you. My friend also have PS4s and is jumping back into Destiny with TTK. Also, all of my gear is on these characters.

I have 2 friends on XBONE that are avid Destiny players, both work with me so we have the same schedule mostly. I love the XBONE controller and it feels more stable on XBL then PSN. Also, some of you are on XBONE. Ugh.

Do what works for you bud.
You should have plenty of friends on either system, so don't feel obligated for us.
Make your choice on what feels right.

If you want to play with a bigger community and most of DGAF, I would go with PS4. The Xbox population really seems small compared to those on PS4 and with TTK being so big I would just stick with the majority of the population to get the most community play.

I have seen people play both though due to having friends over on Xbox. Do what matters to you the most.

Daemul

Hmm.

I remember that TDB launched at reset time and people who were logged in prior got to to do double nightfalls and raids that week.

They messed up in wording.

It is now Vanguard Heroic Playlist.

*Removed the Weekly Heroic Strikes

*Guarantee a legendary for a char's 1st Weekly Heroic Strike (should obviously be VHP)

Also, then it really doesn't promote doing 3 strikes on 1 character. I guess it still gives you that option but still makes sense to do 1 on each to get that legendary engram!

But fantastic changes. Love the fact they're changing the chores around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder how much would it be to create a similar website like 100.io that's specifically for GAF.

I was looking into WordPress templates with the same features but no luck so far.
I mean the100.io was specifically designed from the ground up for Destiny groups- the ability to have private groups at all is actually a relatively recent feature addition. There's not much else like it out there.

If anyone does have an analogue it would be awesome but the100's got a lot of great QoL stuff like the per-game chatrooms and auto timezone-conversion that I've not really seen in other solutions.

I'm missing the clan trophies. So if anyone else is missing those maybe we can make a one and try and get those. I noticed that there are already quite a lot of GAF clans.

Story mode shouldn't take longer than 4-7 hours tops. That would leave enough time for Nightfalls, no?

Hopefully well be 40 by the time the story is done. I have no idea how fast we are going to level up. Based on previous video it looks pretty quick but that might have changed. Also not to mention having enough light level to reasonably complete the nightfall. Almost feels like were starting from scratch lol

Do what works for you bud.
You should have plenty of friends on either system, so don't feel obligated for us.
Make your choice on what feels right.

See, the thing is I LOVE playing with you guys. Argh...

I'll play a lot this weekend and hopefully come up with something.

Also Xur? Bring those Titan Gauntlets, and the Red Death please...? Thanks.

Mindlog

95% of the reason I play Nightfall is for the XP buff.
Nice to see them retooling that, but...
So, we've shelved that buff until we can reform it into something closer to its original intent
Anything short of 6 months before we get a new reward would be a surprise given Bungie's glacial pace with this stuff.

Not a fan of immediately jumping to level 40. Would have been happier with a curve to 40, but what are you going to do.

Kind of weird to see them bashing how much of a chore the weekly stuff could be right before giving us more details on the new weekly PvP grind chore quest chain.

Still hoping it will be raining Legendary Marks on us beyond the stuff they've mentioned.
Still hoping they lower the Glimmer cap to match the Legendary Mark cap.

The other stuff sounds good.

Oh i just thought of something else. This is going to the first time in a long time we wont have a good elemental primary for nightfall . Oh boy!

It was really fun meeting you irl l ruthless! Took just 3 light beers for me to get high ahah
Looking forward to seeing you again this october.

Time to change the topic :p

My final DGAF meetup of this trip, none other that our very own Sword Master aka Darth Penguin aka Dhruv!

MyNh4rx.jpg

That marks the end of this amazing trip, and I'll just finish by listing the DGAFers I met up with over the course of this month:

No0blet16
Gala aka Galavita
Lima aka Revolver Ned
GlamFM
EJROBINSON
TearsofBlood
Dhruv_hanom aka Darth Penguin

Had an amazing time and looking forward to meeting more splendid DGAF folk in the future!

Hon'ble mention: Deej and Lars @ Gamescomm :)

Also Fig who was a stone's throw away but apparently doesn't know how to swim :p

This is so cool!! What country was this in? I'm very jealous of your entire adventure

Can't wait to see what they do for nightfalls. But I do like doing them asap for the week, I didn't find that bad. After you've gotten basically everything I guess it became a chore. I wonder what their original intent was and why they couldn't do it.

maomaoIYP

Just read the weekly update. They said that we will get legendary marks for the first 3 completions of the weekly strike, but yet there is no limit to the marks gained per week. I wish they'd just come out and tell us if we're going to be getting marks just by playing whatever we play, just like now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OK! I haven't finished my nice graphical version of presenting this but I give to you GAF's the100.io groups! Join the one(s) that are appropriate for you.

You don't have to sign-up again or create a new account or anything, just click join.

DestinyGAF - Early Hours EST | UK | EU (PS4) (still just called DestinyGaf UK for the moment but I'll change it as soon as I get mod status)
DestinyGAF - Late Hours EST (PS4)
DestinyGAF - Xbox One
DestinyGAF - PvP-Only

Unless you currently have an active game session waiting to be filled or played, or you desire to be an Official DestinyGAF Sherpa, please leave the group that is now titled "DestinyGaf Test Group." For those that have active games listed, please leave the group when your content is complete. You will be booted from the group eventually if you don't, but you'll probably want the group slot anyway.

Also, in the interest of accommodating as many players as possible, please don't join both PS4 groups right away. Just pick one for now- players whose schedules would be best served by belonging to both groups will absolutely be allowed in both once we see what kind of numbers we're dealing with.

Sorry about the extra steps here everyone. Thanks for bearing with me as we work this out and thanks to all for signing up and giving this tool a shot!

MrDaravon

Just read the weekly update. They said that we will get legendary marks for the first 3 completions of the weekly strike, but yet there is no limit to the marks gained per week. I wish they'd just come out and tell us if we're going to be getting marks just by playing whatever we play, just like now.

This was pretty much my takeaway as well, it's super annoying. I'm super glad that they're making a lot of these account-wide; doing everything on all characters definitely does/did feel like work, although they're oddly still doing a guaranteed legendary engram on the weekly per character. But all I'm thinking after reading that is that they need to clarify the Mark situation.

Namikaze1

Yeah, that's not a bad idea.

So I'm planning to do this big ass 1 year DGAF photo that I'm hoping to finish by September 9.

If you want to be in it, PM me a photo of your MAIN guardian sitting down and looking at the camera.

Here's what the pic looks like now:
http://i.imgur.com/bn4nbbq.jpg

Since it is big, I'm just gonna post the link. Please PM. Don't clutter the OT with photos for this.

Edit: instead of your guardian, send me a pick of your emblem containing your GT/PSN ID, grimoire score, etc.

Makes it much easier for me to add folks to the pic.

darthbob

I hate work. Really fucking hate work.
*coughs*

Anything good in the weekly update?

2.0 Update on Sept. 8th.

No word if any of it actually goes into effect then, or until the 15th.

Read the BWU...so you need to bear Oryx aka the new raid before NF and stuff opens up? Whaaaa?!?! Did I read that right?

Pretty sure you're just going to need to finish the main story portion before you can start the new endgame content.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
We're doing a 32 PoE on Round 4 but we hit a bit of a wall with only two people. Someone else want to pop in and help us finish up?

Top Bottom