• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Axoman

You just miss me slinging curse words around to motivate the team

I'm sure that's it! I'm guessing you didn't get high enough rank in the Gears beta since you didn't come play more IB with us?

I lucked out and found some decent guys on LFG... We got to 5-6 wins on two cards just messing around with a shotgun rush strategy. Still not a huge fan of the map for Trials.

Seems like we tend to do best when we try to do coordinated rushes. We should do that more often!

I was worried we'd end up on the front page of reddit after that one heavy round we got nova bombed, but I think we're safe.

LifEndz

I thought the OT title was a nod to Luke Smith saying they want people to leave Destiny happy.
Anyway, this weekend I hope to do trials for the first time. Gotta get that doctrine.

My son called Phaethon "Crouton." That is now his name.

I'm quite perturbed by the cries over your headset of "Waaah, Crouton pounded daddy!"

Quick Parmesan, grab your fusion rifle! There's a thrall coming right at me!

That fusion rifle was the best weapon I had! And its noble sacrifice made it possible for my Black Hammer to become useful.

And you shoulda seen the damage procs I was getting on the War Priest. His health was straight gettin' melted (▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿. Bungie clearly never tried a Fusion rifle on the dude, because I broke that whole encounter!

WeTeHa

fingers crossed for taken archon priest as the nightfall and no trickle modifier in challenge of elders. Also, please let the taken cabal boss be in the challenge tomorrow, still need the grimoire. Thanks bungie.

GhaleonEB

The thread title made me realize this is the first time I did not leave Destiny happy. I last played once, the day after the update. Before that was a break for most of this year. I left really discouraged with the direction the game has gone since the update, and set it aside in frustration and exasperation, not with a feeling of completion.

Deku Tree

The thread title made me realize this is the first time I did not leave Destiny happy. I last played once, the day after the update. Before that was a break for most of this year. I left really discouraged with the direction the game has gone since the update, and set it aside in frustration and exasperation, not with a feeling of completion.

Why do you feel discouraged? Because of the Sterling Treasure and the Micro-transactions instead of actual content? The new progression system is much better and PoE CoE is fun but short.

Drakeon

As someone who just got Taken King and got to 40, I had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with. I recently got enough legendary emblems to get one of the nice weapons that do roughly 280 damage. However, on my way there I got a blue auto rifle that does 286. Is there any reason at all to use my legendary marks on one of the purple rifles from crucible reputation now? Is there any way to improve it's damage?

I just hit 286 light level if that's relevant.

Mindlog

As someone who just got Taken King and got to 40, I had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with. I recently got enough legendary emblems to get one of the nice weapons that do roughly 280 damage. However, on my way there I got a blue auto rifle that does 286. Is there any reason at all to use my legendary marks on one of the purple rifles from crucible reputation now? Is there any way to improve it's damage?

The vendor weapons are all sold at 280 Light Level. Those weapons can be infused with anything that drops at a higher Light Level up to 335.

Right now one of the best weapons to spend your marks on is the Crucible vendor's pulse rifle called Hawksaw. That rifle has one of the best perk rolls around. There are few other standout primaries like the Hung Jury used to be. If you have anything below 280 (another weapon or piece of armor) then buying that with your marks can be helpful. Raising your LL by any means will increase your drop LL and as of the April update there are many opportunities to get helpful drops. If you have any questions about a specific weapon feel free to ask.

Yes. The purples can be infused. Meaning you can eat hight light weopins into it yo make the purple stronger. Why bother? Purples have more and better perks and stats rhan blues. You can take any year two purple all they way yo max.

Drakeon

Ok, that's helpful. As far as infusing goes. Do I get those from the sterling chests?

Edit: nevermind, figured this part out too. Thanks guys.

phen0m24

Frenden.

What do you use in pvp? I was reading somewhere about the Cocytus and I seem to remember you mentioning that? Am I crazy?

And then I checked and I bought both the life support rolls with field scout and firefly. Unleveled of course

Marvel

could never
Crap, bumped old thread lol.

Yay new hotness.

How hard is COE and roughly how long should it take? I'm only LL 315

Iceman829

I'm sure that's it! I'm guessing you didn't get high enough rank in the Gears beta since you didn't come play more IB with us?

Seems like we tend to do best when we try to do coordinated rushes. We should do that more often!

I was worried we'd end up on the front page of reddit after that one heavy round we got nova bombed, but I think we're safe.

I hit 20 on friday night since no one else was around playing anything. I had some squeaker invite into a party saying I was stealing his kills. I gave him a gears of war math lesson and informed him I was just better than him. 175 points for a max kill. I had 12 kills at the split and 2k points. Put the games down and go back to school son.

I played some IB to get to rank 3 over the weekend, but anytime I tried to party up anyone they ignored my invites. I think I'm a 321 now. 322 weapon dropped and a 326 helmet from dead orbit. I went out Sat night and Sunday I watched GoT, Silicon Valley and wrassling.

I'm just bored of my multiplayer games since no one's plays them. I'll probably play over watch this week.

FYI. dmh takes directions well 80% of the time. Just tell him what to do and he will give it his best attempt. The other 20% is controlled by the alcohol

Chucker

giphy.gif

My 5 year old daughter saw this and so I explained to her that there was a golden age, where videos would accompany music.

I could tell her of the great station last century, how the network was crippled. I could tell you of the power of the reality TV, it's ancient enemy. There are many songs sung throughout the city to frighten children. Lately, those songs have stopped. Now... the children are frightened by Ridiculousness. The Reality TV is coming back. We will not survive it this time.

Mindlog

Ok, that's helpful. As far as infusing goes. Do I get those from the sterling chests?
Infusing is done from the weapon menu. You will need weapon parts, a mote of light and a few legendary marks.
Make sure you infuse the correct weapon with the correct weapon. I've screwed that up plenty of times.

It helps to lock weapons you like. Click the right thumbstick when hovering over them in your inventory.

WeTeHa

Crap, bumped old thread lol.

Yay new hotness.

How hard is COE and roughly how long should it take? I'm only LL 315

This week is a little harder (well... not harder, only more annoying) because of trickle, but it's still pretty easy. No majors except the boss, you can always take your time because the time penalty is so low. So you will never get overwhelmed by adds. You can easily run it at 315 if you have a fireteam. It'll probably take you around 10-15 minutes I think for one 30k+ run.

Edit: lol I just realized that's my account in the gif in the OP. I remember that self res snipe from the stream :D Good stuff drizz. You can play with that sniper any time you like :p

Marvel

could never
This week is a little harder (well... not harder, only more annoying) because of trickle, but it's still pretty easy. No majors except the boss, you can always take your time because the time penalty is so low. So you will never get overwhelmed by adds. You can easily run it at 315 if you have a fireteam. It'll probably take you around 10-15 minutes I think for one 30k+ run
Oh okay that doesn't sound so bad, thank you.

Oh okay that doesn't sound so bad, thank you.

Also use classes that have auto resets on melee abilities. Like the Hunter throwing knife. Auto refills on precision kill and i think titan striker as well. Monte csrlo helps to. Offsets the anoying trickle debuff.

Frenden.

What do you use in pvp? I was reading somewhere about the Cocytus and I seem to remember you mentioning that? Am I crazy?

And then I checked and I bought both the life support rolls with field scout and firefly. Unleveled of course

That was me most recently. Life support is okay actually.

God roll is Torch scope, Hand Laid Stock & Third Eye, but really it's the first two that matter.

elguero

Would anyone be interested in running a normal level king's fall raid tonight around 8 pm CST? Willing to show newbies the ropes if necessary :)

Just got a Her Champion shotgun
Field choke
Grenadier
Fitted stock, rifled barrel, reinforced barrell
Final round
Shame about the ROF. My 13 year old Golden retriever is faster than this think firing

Top Bottom