• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

SpecX

We made it! New thread smell.

Edit: Damnit I missed the first page!

CT86P2w.png

Holy crap, almost 1k posts in one OT. That's a record lol. Nice work on graphics and everything, looks EXTRA CRISPY

NEW THREAD HYPE!

Repost for new thread. Axo and I are going to try to play a card of Trials sometime tonight on xb1, maybe around 10pm CST.
I may try to get in on that

spyder_ur

Not exaggerating. A good 60% of my gold packages have been artifacts.

They could at least scale to light. Kinda means that Trials is pointless to my progression at this point. That's OK, I'll still play Trials now and then.

I warmed up to this patch/update a lot - CoE was way more fun than I was expecting, I like the upgrade system, IB came at the perfect time, I like the diversity it brought in PvP loadouts. Still, I'm probably due for a Destiny vacation - once you get past 325 or so and you get closer to the oasis you see that it's dry.

Love the title. New thread hype. Cant wait for the usual scrubiness, rage quits, moans and chasing for that elusive loot.

But enough about my hopes and expectations. Let OT 41 roll

Dave_6

5 wins gives a random armor piece (helmet, gauntlets, chest, boots or class item).

7 wins gives a random weapon (primary, special, or heavy). So basically there's a ~1-in-9 chance of getting a Doctrine here each week, and a ~1-in-36 chance for Counterbalance Doctrine.

Silver tier bounty gives motes, passage coins, blue engrams and a chance for an exotic weapon or armor.

All of these drops can be up to 6 light above your character's current level, as high as 335.

Then the gold tier bounty gives one random piece of Trials gear, up to 330 light. This loot table includes all 9 weapons, all 5 armor pieces, plus the ghost and artifact. So it's a ~1-in-16 chance o' Doctrine here.

Sadly that means Mercury is now your best best, with 1-in-4 odds and 1-in-16 for the CB. Doctrine Week back on Exodus Blue was so hype, damn shame that it won't happen again.

Thanks Drizz! I've been to Mercury twice and you (and Wicked) were the one that got me there the second time so thanks again for that. I may try to start completing the bounties each week (if possible) if I can find a couple more scrubs to help me so I won't be wasting a good player's time.

Namikaze1

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Xplicit's new avatar is better. ~eyebrow wiggle~

Very nice! Been forever since I've done any drawing.

Yay for more DGAF artists!
Today is the first time I drew something in 4 years. Last two things I drew were these on posters:

I used to draw a lot years ago. Helped me cope with depression nearly a decade ago. Then I went to college and basically stopped drawing till today.

Edit: dammit. Didn't manage to get the whole thing in the first pic. Missing the rest of Mario, Chief's legs, and some bits of Ezio.

Today is the first time I drew something in 4 years. Last two things I drew were these on posters:

I used to draw a lot years ago. Helped me cope with depression nearly a decade ago. Then I went to college and basically stopped drawing till today.

Edit: dammit. Didn't manage to get the whole thing in the first pic. Missing the rest of Mario, Chief's legs, and some bits of Ezio.

Nice work nami. I dont recognize the chsrcter on The left with his arms crossed in the second pic though.

I used to live to play guitar. Havnt picked it up in a few years. I used to play mtg alot as well. Which explains my obbsesion with collecting in destiny. Lol

Namikaze1

Nice work nami. I dont recognize the chsrcter on The left with his arms crossed in the second pic though.

I used to live to play guitar. Havnt picked it up in a few years. I used to play mtg alot as well. Which explains my obbsesion with collecting in destiny. Lol
It's CM Punk, a former WWE wrestler. Used to be a big fan of WWE back then.

NeOak

I 100ppp on mobile, why's it bad? Data?
I have unlimited if that's the case.

Oh, excuse me, Mr. Unlimited Data.

No, it isn't data, it is that it takes too long to scroll and sometimes it can have other problems when you have 3 billion gifs on one page.

Iceman829

Sounds good to me.

How'd you do last night? Saw you were playing trials when I got on.

I need to get out of my crucible funk, I've been playing really bad lately.
Way worse than normal

You just miss me slinging curse words around to motivate the team

WeTeHa

Hey trout, thanks for the offer to try a couple matches for the scarab today, but I won't be able to play unfortunately :( Shame about the 9-0 card though :p

Are there any tips and tricks to get someone's LL up? I got a refer-a-friend and he's stuck at 221 light. We are on the heroic strike part of the quest. I guess we could run regular vanguard strikes? Did some T1 and T2 CoO yesterday but it didn't seem to help him much. He does play a lot of Crucible and his first legendary weapon was a Eyasluna, but otherwise he hasn't had much luck with drops there.

Also, does anyone know if the 7 days thing is a deadline to complete the entire quest in that time or do you just need to start it before 7 days (in which case I'm good)?

Are there any tips and tricks to get someone's LL up? I got a refer-a-friend and he's stuck at 221 light. We are on the heroic strike part of the quest. I guess we could run regular vanguard strikes? Did some T1 and T2 CoO yesterday but it didn't seem to help him much. He does play a lot of Crucible and his first legendary weapon was a Eyasluna, but otherwise he hasn't had much luck with drops there.

Also, does anyone know if the 7 days thing is a deadline to complete the entire quest in that time or do you just need to start it before 7 days (in which case I'm good)?

If he's at max level, buy Vendor Gear/ From Xur. Complete quests for Weapons. Run strikes.

CoO is also great for mid-game progression, even if. Didn't work the first time.

Edit: you're fine with time. Just 7 days for initial activation.

Aw I missed page one.

New OT is legit, is the thread title some kind of ingrown sarcasm? kappa

Nope. Just an acknowledgment that things are good now, but content is light, so few free to play other stuff. 1:1 infusion & smart light means folks will be leaving happy as opposed to frustrated.

WipedOut

Nope. Just an acknowledgment that things are good now, but content is light, so few free to play other stuff. 1:1 infusion & smart light means folks will be leaving happy as opposed to frustrated.
Now we can just play instead of hoping a high piece of armor just drops
You want a ghost and class item go play Coe. No more bottle neck there

Navy Bean

Sounds good to me.

How'd you do last night? Saw you were playing trials when I got on.

I need to get out of my crucible funk, I've been playing really bad lately.
Way worse than normal

I lucked out and found some decent guys on LFG... We got to 5-6 wins on two cards just messing around with a shotgun rush strategy. Still not a huge fan of the map for Trials.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
dat new OT...

anyways one of my awesome moments in Destiny is being quicker than Kadey on the trigger finger to get the first kill via headshot with my precious harrowed defiance of yasmin.

also no one up later tonight for some quick IB trains?

If he's at max level, buy Vendor Gear/ From Xur. Complete quests for Weapons. Run strikes.

CoO is also great for mid-game progression, even if. Didn't work the first time.

Edit: you're fine with time. Just 7 days for initial activation.

Yeah you just need to start refer a friend within 7 days, so you're good on that ^^

Good stuff guys. Knowing we have more than 7 days to do all that is great, we can take our time now.

Top Bottom