• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Deku Tree

Ok I did everything to do in the dawning 3x except I only did the poison apple sparrow quest once. Still haven't finished the strike record book. Wonder how long it'll take to get an icebreaker.

Deku Tree

In case you were wondering SRL is not a competitive online racer but it is a fun way to goof off...

The gates obviously get bigger as you get further back.. this even happens if you are all in a close pack bumping each other which advantages the player behind you.

The tracks (3/4 of them) have RNG rotating obstacles that can make you lose your position due to well RNG.

The physics are very wonky and bouncy and sometimes it feels like RNG.

The same lag that is present in crucible is present in SRL except its easier to hide. Where your competitors are in the race is not where they are on their screen but it is where the computer thinks they are based upon their last reported position. If your playing a laggy player then they can bump you out of place and then appear ahead of you etc.

The winning screen appears to be based on your time on your screen versus your competitors time on their screen, which sometimes mean that (as above) you don't come in at the place where it appeared that you were going to come in on your screen.

I could say more etc.

Nothus

Hit a sub 4:15 on Infinite Descent earlier, definitely my favourite track.
Amazingly I have still yet to race the Mars track once since SRL came back...gotta love that rng.

Kalamari

In case you were wondering SRL is not a competitive online racer but it is a fun way to goof off...

The gates obviously get bigger as you get further back.. this even happens if you are all in a close pack bumping each other which advantages the player behind you.

The tracks (3/4 of them) have RNG rotating obstacles that can make you lose your position due to well RNG.

The physics are very wonky and bouncy and sometimes it feels like RNG.

The same lag that is present in crucible is present in SRL except its easier to hide. Where your competitors are in the race is not where they are on their screen but it is where the computer thinks they are based upon their last reported position. If your playing a laggy player then they can bump you out of place and then appear ahead of you etc.

The winning screen appears to be based on your time on your screen versus your competitors time on their screen, which sometimes mean that (as above) you don't come in at the place where it appeared that you were going to come in on your screen.

I could say more etc.

#scrubquotes lol

Whatevs, SRL is the future of eSports ;D

Now that it's part of a quest, I can no longer get first place in races? -_-

They should have counted all your first place wins from jump street, this is so annoying...It sometimes feel like groups of people are working together because of how reckless some of them race.

On a happier note, Destiny is awesome! I have't played since Vanilla, so happy to be back. Going through the Taken King stuff (I love how some of the missions are basically older raids) and Iron missions, sooo sooo good!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People will go where the money is. Even if the game plays like crap if sponsors throws in money people would play.

Mindlog

Stay Right
Steady Left to Sharp Left Boost
Straight Fast Cheat Left (If wide boost straight)
Sharp Right Boost Scrape Corner
Straight Trick Jump
Soft Left Keep Left Center Gates
Medium Left Center Gates
Sharp Left Boost
Stay Right Over Hump Keep Light Right
Soft Chicane Keep Right
Through Gate Left Entry Steady On Center Gates
Big Jump Trick Soft Landing
Center Gates Hard Left Boost Then Sharp Right (If bumped big jump left.)
Jump Push Soft Land Long
Jump Trick Soft Land
Subtle Left Scrape Right
Steady On Scrape Right to Scrape Left
Sharp Left Boost
Immediate Right Center Gates
Soft Trick Jump
Center Gates to Smooth Right
Smooth Boost Left to Scrape Left Steady On
Stay Right

Congratulations! You will now win 90% of your races on that map. SRL if fun.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can help with NF or whatever.

Just beat a rank 55 in the world in trials. The thing that gets me is that he was teabagging every round he won. The last round when we won was karma and justice.

Was about to destroy these exotic boots I got, Bones of EAO, but apparently having another jump added could prove useful? Are these good DestinyGAF?

SRL boosting.

-Glam
-CREMSteve
-Drumavarium
-
-
-

Are you looking to do this at all tomorrow? I put out a post yesterday about setting something similar up tomorrow afternoon.

Edit to repost:

Hey everyone!

I wanted to check to see if anyone wants to do SRL boosting/grinding Sunday afternoon (let's say like 3pm EST).

I'm looking for four more individuals who might want to join. Figure we can help each other close out class licenses and both last year and this year's books as well as ranking up.

Any PS4 players interested?

Lets see how dead this thread is, me and wicked are looking for a third for trials, yes it can be a carry.

If i don't get an answer in 10min I'm just gonna go to sleep ayy

FiraB

Banned
Getting close to end of this thread, anyone have suggestions for the next OT title?

Dawn of the Dead
Dawn and the Dangerous
Dawn of the Future
DawnWorld
Army of Dawn
(500) Days of Dawn
Guardians and the Tower of Dawn
From Dusk Til Dawn

I was watching movies, mocking titles is all I could come up with.

Melchiah

Was about to destroy these exotic boots I got, Bones of EAO, but apparently having another jump added could prove useful? Are these good DestinyGAF?

They're pretty useful during Raid jumping sections. I prefer Fr0st-EE5 otherwise, which offer "Tighter turn radius while sprinting. Increased grenade and melee regeneration while sprinting."

Frostburn

Well damn, not entirely dead.

Also, this thread is coming to a close and we havent gotten title suggestions for the next one! Cmon guys.

Thank you so much Igor and Wicked for that hard carry, was amazing watching you guys do your thing. Never thought I'd be visiting Mercury!

I like "Defy Extinction" for the next OT

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Little kid waited for his parents to go to sleep to play with me. LOL. He's all paranoid that his parents are going to wake up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No mercury, probably would've if we played more patiently. Kid was having a nervous breakdown.

Once again I have to go into SSJ when everyone is dead. Driz would've liked the tiger knee. He loves his tiger knees.

hjhhjhjh.gif

123rl

No mercury, probably would've if we played more patiently. Kid was having a nervous breakdown.

Once again I have to go into SSJ when everyone is dead. Driz would've liked the tiger knee. He loves his tiger knees.

hjhhjhjh.gif

I'll use the Tiger Knee at any opportunity. I honestly think one of my highlights of year one was killing a tank with a knee during an Arc-burn Nightfall

Top Bottom