• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Is the HawkSaw worth upgrading? Got a 344 one seems to be a very stable pulse rifle.

Loving my red death tho, still mad my wife didn't get it last week, it would pair well with her defender she's building. Hopefully there's a Quest or something for it. She's liking the Supercell regardless and I won a Jade Rabbit on her titan as well.

Got truth rocket launcher under my 3 coins sessions

What's worth keeping guys?

Melchiah

Is the HawkSaw worth upgrading? Got a 344 one seems to be a very stable pulse rifle.

Loving my red death tho, still mad my wife didn't get it last week, it would pair well with her defender she's building. Hopefully there's a Quest or something for it. She's liking the Supercell regardless and I won a Jade Rabbit on her titan as well.

Got truth rocket launcher under my 3 coins sessions

What's worth keeping guys?

They're all good weapons. By the way, now that you have Truth, a fast way to get more exotic shards is to buy it from the kiosk by the Vanguard leaders, and level it up with heavy telemetry (can be acquired from Gunsmith) and Motes of light. You don't need to activate the nodes, and spend materials on them. Then dismantle it for two exotic shards. Rinse and repeat.

They're all good weapons. By the way, now that you have Truth, a fast way to get more exotic shards is to buy it from the kiosk by the Vanguard leaders, and level it up with heavy telemetry (can be acquired from Gunsmith) and Motes of light. You don't need to activate the nodes, and spend materials on them. Then dismantle it for two exotic shards. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah I need to do this again. I burnt through like 30-40 when levelling up through 380-400, to keep swords and gally up to scratch for the raid.

ok, I only knew about motes of light leveling up weapons, but I thought you have to get something higher than your current weapon to merge it? My truth is 350, I can raise it higher than that without something dropping for me say at say 360?

Melchiah

ok, I only knew about motes of light leveling up weapons, but I thought you have to get something higher than your current weapon to merge it? My truth is 350, I can raise it higher than that without something dropping for me say at say 360?

You don't have to infuse it with another weapon to get two exotic shards. Just level it up, without activating the nodes, and dismantle it. You can buy Truth with a single shard from the kiosk, equip it, and then activate heavy telemetry to increase the effect of motes of light. IIRC, it takes less than ten motes to max the weapon. The same applies to all weapons, but Truth takes the least motes to max.

You shouldn't dismantle your current Truth, if you want to keep it, as the those in the kiosk have a lower light level, IIRC.

You don't have to infuse it with another weapon to get two exotic shards. Just level it up, without activating the nodes, and dismantle it. You can buy Truth with a single shard from the kiosk, equip it, and then activate heavy telemetry to increase the effect of motes of light. IIRC, it takes less than ten motes to max the weapon. The same applies to all weapons, but Truth takes the least motes to max.

You shouldn't dismantle your current Truth, if you want to keep it, as the those in the kiosk have a lower light level, IIRC.
what? That's awesome, I have like over 150 Motes of light, but this will save me the trouble! I was basically saving them for anytime I get an exotic or to level up some legendary gear I didn't need for more coins.

I see what your saying now though, yeah, that makes it much easier to max out exotics quickly, my Red Death took forever doing it through missions and crucible matches. I'm still a bit confused on how I'm increasing the light level passed 350 though.

My truth is 350 and I'm getting the weaker version of that or any other exotic blueprint I have, leveling it up with motes, and then dismantling for exotic shards. Does that by itself raise the light of my original truth passed 350? I was under the impression you have to find items with higher light level, and then infuse whatever you want to keep with something that's higher that you don't want to keep. I know exotics take legendary coins as well as shards, but I thought it was the same process and I had to do raids/strikes to get gear that's 370, 380, etc...all the way to 400.

CREMSteve

what? That's awesome, I have like over 150 Motes of light, but this will save me the trouble! I was basically saving them for anytime I get an exotic or to level up some legendary gear I didn't need for more coins.

I see what your saying now though, yeah, that makes it much easier to max out exotics quickly, my Red Death took forever doing it through missions and crucible matches. I'm still a bit confused on how I'm increasing the light level passed 350 though.

My truth is 350 and I'm getting the weaker version of that or any other exotic blueprint I have, leveling it up with motes, and then dismantling for exotic shards. Does that by itself raise the light of my original truth passed 350? I was under the impression you have to find items with higher light level, and then infuse whatever you want to keep with something that's higher that you don't want to keep. I know exotics take legendary coins as well as shards, but I thought it was the same process and I had to do raids/strikes to get gear that's 370, 380, etc...all the way to 400.
You are correct, you need to find higher level gear to infuse into your lower level gear if you want to increase its maximum level.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you keep getting SRL rep after rank 5? It's pointless right? I can't believe the last thing I need to is get kills on the track for the book. I can't be bothered trying to get wins for the quest so I'll just stop after the book is done

Melchiah

If you want to level up weapons in other categories, use primary or special telemetry. They can be bought from Gunsmith.

If you want to increase the light level of Truth, or any other gear, you need to find gear in the same category with a higher light level. The only difference between exotics and legendaries is, that you need those shards for the infusion of exotics.

You can use Three of Coins to have the possibility of getting exotic engrams with a higher light level from defeating the Taken ultras on patrols, that invade the areas every once in a while. the same applies to Sparrow Racing and Prison/Challenge of Elders bosses. There are also patrol missions with a skull sign in the beacon, that may give you exotics with Three of Coins. The Archon Forge arena in Plaguelands gives you up to 400 level Ghosts, class items, and artifacts.

Kalamari

Why do you keep getting SRL rep after rank 5? It's pointless right? I can't believe the last thing I need to is get kills on the track for the book. I can't be bothered trying to get wins for the quest so I'll just stop after the book is done

No rewards associated to going past 5 unless you really want SRL gear drops. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't bring back the Momentum Master sparrow from last year, it would have made a good reward for the bounty that asks to complete 10 SRL bounties.

Hey everyone!

I wanted to check to see if anyone wants to do SRL boosting/grinding Sunday afternoon (let's say like 3pm EST).

I'm looking for four more individuals who might want to join. Figure we can help each other close out class licenses and both last year and this year's books as well as ranking up.

Any PS4 players interested?

Ryck

Oh man finally! Not outlaw but close enough.

Truesight and Handloaded as well.

image.jpg

Ryck

On Xbox One I have run Undying mInd 7 times in a row with a key, and have gotten the damn Titan garbage.

Does this even drop anymore in that strike?
I usually do Echo chamber cause its either the Loop or a Guantlet and id rather have the latter than a mark. But this one I got earlier was from The Mind, happened to come up in the Heroic playlist and I got the key from it so I decided to take the chance. Best loop I have got thus far.

I usually do Echo chamber cause its either the Loop or a Guantlet and id rather have the latter than a mark. But this one I got earlier was from The Mind, happened to come up in the Heroic playlist and I got the key from it so I decided to take the chance. Best loop I have got thus far.

I'm on Xbox so I dont have that strike:(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Are there enough people for a full train? Two will not due. Three will still be free. Four, I'd still want at least one more. Five and the train will be alive.

Top Bottom