• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

vctor182

Well I tested the Spare Change that I posted and it's not quite there yet. I was losing 1v1 very easily so I stored it back to the vault and while searching for more weapons to test I found this baby:

D47AqS3.jpg

I infusioned it right away to max light and played some matches with it, It feels really good, easy to hit crits and with good damage too. I haven't tested hand cannons but it's good to hear they changed for the good.

EDIT:Huh?!? It says 50 in the mag but it's actually 25 lol

Well I tested the Spare Change that I posted and it's not quite there yet. I was losing 1v1 very easily so I stored it back to the vault and while searching for more weapons to test I found this baby:

D47AqS3.jpg

I infusioned it right away to max light and played some matches with it, It feels really good, easy to hit crits and with good damage too. I haven't tested hand cannons but it's good to hear they changed for the good.

What App are you using to get the numerical values of the gins?

FyreWulff

wat

Truth has been the best PvP Rocket Launcher since December 2014

I just don't really care much for RLs in the first place after the 'horn died, and Truth has such a generic name and model that I care even less about that one specifically. This was especially true in the era where MGs were more effective for more kills over time than RLs until they tried to bring them into parity with the ammo drops.

(Also, RLs are basically suicide as a defender titan)

FyreWulff

What did Bungie do to Titans?

the hunter nerf accidentally going over to anything else that regens means defender titans get like five pixels of health when they deploy a dome, even with Armor of Light

tl;dr if you see a Defender deploy a dome until this is fixed just charge them in their dome, you'll win

Omg rip ... but they also left infinite hammers unpatched?

Yep, and infinite blade.

Worst part about the hungering blade nerf is that it affected all life-steal / health regen perks in the game. Warlocks, esp sunsingers and voidwalkers who rely on that are so bad right now. Cauterize on hammers does nothing, popping a bubble doesn't regen shields, Red- death does nothing....

I just don't really care much for RLs in the first place after the 'horn died, and Truth has such a generic name and model that I care even less about that one specifically. This was especially true in the era where MGs were more effective for more kills over time than RLs until they tried to bring them into parity with the ammo drops.

(Also, RLs are basically suicide as a defender titan)

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Dreg's Promise is a joke. Truth was Tier 1 for 3 years in 3v3 game modes.

Deku Tree

Yep, and infinite blade.

Worst part about the hungering blade nerf is that it affected all life-steal / health regen perks in the game. Warlocks, esp sunsingers and voidwalkers who rely on that are so bad right now. Cauterize on hammers does nothing, popping a bubble doesn't regen shields, Red- death does nothing....

Omg it keeps getting worse. Somebody should have given the live team a better understanding of the destiny code.

Out 1

STOP GIVING ME THIS FUCKING SWARM STOPPPPP

I JUST WANT THE ICE BREAKER

4 TIMES IN A ROW. SALT IS IN THE RED ZONE.

lol

same story, but with The Devil You Know instead of Swarm. stupid Zavala.

Ice Breaker is the last exotic I'm missing in Y3. which is funny, given that it was my first one in Y1 (Xur).

FyreWulff

Wait, the infinite hammers bug is back?

Uh, just witnessed this for the first time.

Explain how, please.

When it was first around, just basically tap all the shoulder buttons really fast was the easiest way to do it. They could detect it and banned people for doing it in PvP though the last time so.. do it in PvE.

edit: just tried it, it's still fixed. no infinite hammers.

Wait, the infinite hammers bug is back?

When it was first around, just basically tap all the shoulder buttons really fast was the easiest way to do it. They could detect it and banned people for doing it in PvP though the last time so.. do it in PvE.

edit: just tried it, it's still fixed. no infinite hammers.

I knew about that, but some random I was with in a strike had hammers throughout the entire strike mission. He never snapped out of the super.

Anyone else find this line odd in the BWU

We are actively monitoring reports in the #Help forum to ensure that the unintended changes to Health regenerating Perks on Weapons, Armor, and Subclasses are functioning

I'm fully in the camp it was intended

Number45

I'm going with "we thought we could change the perk just on this subclass but it turns out that's really quite difficult so fuck it yolo".

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Instead of the usual we fix one thing and two things get broken, it's more like we fix one thing and ten other things get broken.

FyreWulff

Well, I can do it consistently now (in a private game).

You can't do it with a sunspot hammer build because the sunspot destroys the sparrow. you have to select the charge or more hammers perk.

Where-into forthwith the splendorous reveal of patchery hatchlinghood was released unto worthy guardians most pleased chip chip cheerio rest assured we area listening to all feedback. Expenctationtude to hear more from us soon as the data rolls in! In the meantime our crystal balls portent a not near-future, but soon-future stream of revelation in which our next exciting content drop will be teased!

Warming up the BWU machine.

Wow, Reddit upvoted the hell out of that thread bringing up how stupid the health regen change feature was. Hunters ruin everything.

DeeJ, is that you?

Mindwipe

Holy shit the Thorn quest was dull enough as it is. Now with no special ammo in Crucible it's unbearablezzzzz. 100 kills with Void grenades.

Far too much to hope for that the devs would have fixed that in he patch.

BHK3

Banned
So for Vanilla Destiny, does the game just end at the black garden? Was there other content here that got walled off for the expansions or am I missing something? Does it really just stop at Venus like that? This was a very short game if this is all that Vanilla had...

Also where's a good place to level up? I got up to 25 really fast but after that it's a crawl because I ran out of content to do sorta.

pantsmith

So for Vanilla Destiny, does the game just end at the black garden? Was there other content here that got walled off for the expansions or am I missing something? Does it really just stop at Venus like that? This was a very short game if this is all that Vanilla had...

Also where's a good place to level up? I got up to 25 really fast but after that it's a crawl because I ran out of content to do sorta.

Vanilla Destiny technically ended with the Vault of Glass. Also keep in mind The Dark Below (Crota's End, etc) launched pretty soon after. Though yeah, very short and heavily dependent on how much you enjoy endgame stuff (Crucible + Nightfalls + Raids + loot chasing)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

What do you actually own content wise?

You might actually be better of just buying a cheaper copy of Destiny Complete online and flipping your OG Destiny disk if that's what you have.

In your current state no real reason to play if that's all you got.

BHK3

Banned
What do you actually own content wise?

You might actually be better of just buying a cheaper copy of Destiny Complete online and flipping your OG Destiny disk if that's what you have.

In your current state no real reason to play if that's all you got.

Just the vanilla destiny disk. There's no flipping this because it's absolutely worthless now lol, the cheap deals for the collection are long gone since places like gamestop still have it for full price. I won't be able to get a deal on it till destiny 2 is announced when everyone offloads their old copies. I just want to try and get the plat so I can be done with it. The guides are really unhelpful since they all have the DLC interwoven into them.

You can't reach level 30 in vanilla without raid gear, and that's not something you can get playing solo..

I just want to try and get the plat so I can be done with it. The guides are really unhelpful since they all have the DLC interwoven into them.

Also I don't know how you plan to get the platinum without getting the following trophies:

clhu9SV.jpg

ocean

Banned
Haven't been here in weeks. Amazing that this place is still alive.

This patch has done wonders for HC hit registration. I love it.

People actually use Truth? Like, as a weapon?

I always thought it was to fulfill a "lol reference" quota.

I mean, I get why people hate the nerf, but I've always viewed it as the Dreg's Promise of Rocket Launchers.

Not at all. There's only two Rocket Launchers in the game which can simultaneously have Tracking + Proximity Detonation: Truth and Gjallarhorn. Gjally does more damage (which makes a difference when trying to kill a reduced-armor roaming super like Hammer or Bladedancer) and can get cleanup kills with Wolfpack Rounds even if you didn't land your rocket properly and just did splash damage. Truth, on the other hand, has way more aggressive tracking and used to be a better PvP option because it had 3 Rockets instead of 2.

It became a really popular Heavy option because the most competitive primary and special weapons were all Legendary (Palindrome/Eyasluna/Clever Dragon + Sniper/Shotty), meaning there was no reason to settle for a Legendary RL.

With a single rocket in the mag, it's literally garbage tier and might as well be taken out of the game. Ash Factory, Titanium Orchid, Gjally, shit really anything is better.

Just the vanilla destiny disk. There's no flipping this because it's absolutely worthless now lol, the cheap deals for the collection are long gone since places like gamestop still have it for full price. I won't be able to get a deal on it till destiny 2 is announced when everyone offloads their old copies. I just want to try and get the plat so I can be done with it. The guides are really unhelpful since they all have the DLC interwoven into them.

The base game is fairly limited. The Platinum trophy for this game is pretty easy though. The only trophy you'll need some help with is Flawless Raider. Since you don't have any DLC, you can't go for the easy-peasy Crota's End flawless. A Vault of Glass run with no deaths is infinitely easier now than it was before the power creep, and stuff like swords make navigating mazes and jumping puzzles a lot easier, but it's still fairly challenging. I mean a team of max-gear players today running you through the raid can probably get through it without dying, but since it's been ages since most people have regularly run it I'd wager wiping at Gorgon's or having somebody bump into a ledge and dying at jumping platforms is totally possible.

You can't reach level 30 in vanilla without raid gear, and that's not something you can get playing solo..

Also I don't know how you plan to get the platinum without getting the following trophies:

clhu9SV.jpg

I'd have thought he could level up to 40? It's his light which is gonna be capped due to the engram sources he'll have access to. I mean he doesn't have the DLC but he's still on the same version of the game, I don't think he's on vanilla leveling structure?

It'd be hilarious to get them all done in one run and have trophy spam on your screen :p A Hard Mode Flawless Raid where everybody jumps on the same clan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
He should be able to reach 40 and 200 light, I believe. Plenty to be able to do the raiding trophies in VoG

To answer his question about leveling the rest of the way, I suggest bounties, strikes, and PvP.

komaruR

Holy shit the Thorn quest was dull enough as it is. Now with no special ammo in Crucible it's unbearablezzzzz. 100 kills with Void grenades.

Far too much to hope for that the devs would have fixed that in he patch.

play this weeks mayhem clash. fast grenade/melee/super/special ammp/heavy ammo. slap on your void subclass and just let it rip. if you got that void legendary primary auto rifle from vault of glass, basically any kill you do will be = void kill. rejoice that death dont take away your % like in year 1.

this patch had been great for me cause I just started my exotic sword quest and required 25 sword kills in crucible. mayhem clash helped too for heavy ammo. prior to this patch, its so hard to get a sword/sword's hilt kill without getting shotgun to the face.

Yannick

Neo Member
What weapon did you notice being used a lot? Or weapon type

Saw more scouts than I was expecting. Saw some Parthian Shots. Not as many autos as I was expecting. My fireteam and I were abusing the hell out of some SUROS and Khvostov though haha. The occassional hand cannon. Not nearly as many snipers as I expected--maybe I need to play some more over the weekend to get a more accurate picture.

Hearing this makes me even more annoyed by the "fix", since it's painfully obvious that PVP is their priority. The changes did no good for PVE, and certainly didn't make it more fun to play.

The hotfix was entirely meant for PvP, and was noted as much back in January.

I'd have thought he could level up to 40? It's his light which is gonna be capped due to the engram sources he'll have access to. I mean he doesn't have the DLC but he's still on the same version of the game, I don't think he's on vanilla leveling structure?

He should be able to reach 40 and 200 light, I believe. Plenty to be able to do the raiding trophies in VoG

40, how? Vanilla was set to level 30. CE increased it to 32, HoW 34 and TTK to 40 and introduced LL.

Afaik vanilla players shouldn't be able to go beyond lvl 30 and LL 170.

komaruR

40, how? Vanilla was set to level 30. CE increased it to 32, HoW 34 and TTK to 40 and introduced LL.

Afaik vanilla players shouldn't be able to go beyond lvl 30 and LL 170.

heard one of my online friend said he gave his vanilla destiny disc to his nephew/niece and his roommate is playing with him/her on his profile (with collection version) with another char
so i occasionally see his account on playing crucible, their light level is around 270~ initially now there 300+ (last i saw it was aorund 340~). They are lv 40. I'm talking about his nephew/niece too (they have vanilla).

i think for vanilla, it only locks them out of the expansion strikes. they can still raise LL by crucible tho, which probably caps at 385 for legendaries and 365 for blue rares.

BHK3

Banned

I have no clue what you mean by raid gear. I just hit level 33 doing PvP because I haven't touched it at all till now, it gives loads of exp and is way better than killing low level enemies that give little exp. My light level right now is 155

My RNG can be legendary at times, as I don't particularly like the handling of the wormwood I decided to farm marks for special engrams and a one in a 1000 shot at a Jabberhakke

C442RawUkAAOo5R.jpg

One and done :d I also had languishing in my vault a Havoc Pigeon with feed frenzy, reactive reload and HighCal which is equally as OP

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

FYI Amazon

Destiny Complete PS4 $35

Xbox One $38

Top Bottom