• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

You and I always think alike, why are we not fireteam buddies. I got my level 18 cryptarch to 2999/3000. I don't trust mailed items to not be affected (we don't know when the items within are "rolled" for, be it mail generation or the opening of the mail, so I don't trust it).

Stockpiling blues to try and maybe go two full Cryptarch levels. Remember, kids, do your Nightfalls FIRST before you try this. The +rep affects Cryptarch rep.

Add me on PSN if you like, same as GAF. Good advice on the Weekly Nightfall first. My Cryptarch rank is a hair away from level 28. I should be getting free stuff from him by now, or at least a loyalty punch-card!

cpt_zpsf59d6964.jpg

Bizazedo

Did they not mention a fusion rifle nerf? Those things are fucking brutal in Crucible. I hate them.

The Vex weapon is completely fair, what are you talking about? :).

I am stunned, by the way, that normal Crucible doesn't just force everyone to use stock weapons / armor and that Iron Banner is the "Let us do this!" version for PvP. I guess it helps spur people to grind for gear since the weapons / armor DO matter in Crucible, but if Iron Banner was permanent that could be solved for.

hydruxo

I predict lots of disappointed people when they release class balancing and Hunters aren't nerfed... Bladedancer needs to be reworked. Currently it's the worst class for high level PvE. Arc Blade is just a suicide button when Lightswitch modifier is active. Hell even if that modifier isn't active it still sucks :p

Honestly cant understand the hate for bladedancer when golden guns are insta-killing half your team from across the map but I wont complain I guess :p

Lol I can almost always get a triple kill with golden gun, no matter where I am on the map. I love it.

I am confirmed that Sunsingers are the most noble class in the game.

Sunsingers are not OP (bladedancer, gunslinger), not baby's first super kill (voidwalker, striker), or teenage mutant ninja turtles (defenders (though defenders are the most noble after sunsinger)).

Sunsinger confirmed for best class.

I'm sorry for everyone who has to go through Voidwalker to get Sunsinger first.

#TeamSunbro #PraiseTheSun #ThisLittleLightOfMine

It is very overpowered when you die, self-res and proceed to wipe the team that killed you. Can't turn your back on a Sunsinger after a kill any more.

Proxy

What is this stat showing? If its just the number of people of that class in Crucible then its meaningless. It just means its a popular class, not that its OP. Maybe people feel hunters are OP because there are so many of them so it feels like you always get killed by their abilities.

It's showing the top 100 players (tracked by DestinyDB) in the crucible and what class they are.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am trying to get a group together for Vault of glass, I know the level ingame says 26, but are we better off grabbing a whole bunch of 27's instead? I know the damage modifier goes up 10% each level above the enemy.... right?

Pretty big difference between 26 and 27 and 28. It's possible on 26 but easier with 27s and 28s.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I run sunsinger in crucible 90% of the time and yeah my only counters are the fusion grenade for a post mortem kill or if I'm messing around, the Universal remote
I hit a bladedancer with a fusion grenade last night. Even that and an Invective shot disn't drop them.

I am confirmed that Sunsingers are the most noble class in the game.

Sunsingers are not OP (bladedancer, gunslinger), not baby's first super kill (voidwalker, striker), or teenage mutant ninja turtles (defenders (though defenders are the most noble after sunsinger)).

Sunsinger confirmed for best class.

I'm sorry for everyone who has to go through Voidwalker to get Sunsinger first.

#TeamSunbro #PraiseTheSun #ThisLittleLightOfMine

Anyone else feel like oprah wihen usings radiance and spamming grenades?

You get a grenade, you get a grenade, and everybody get a grenade!

I hit a bladedancer with a fusion grenade last night. Even that and an Invective shot disn't drop them.

hmm, we're you traited for increased burn damage and duration? I know I've killed them before with a sticky, tho tbh I die like 75% of the time to them regardless cause they usually get the drop on me from behind

Wallach

I am trying to get a group together for Vault of glass, I know the level ingame says 26, but are we better off grabbing a whole bunch of 27's instead? I know the damage modifier goes up 10% each level above the enemy.... right?

It starts at ~30% for being 1 level below, then goes up by ~10% each level after that. That penalty is then modified by your weapon's Attack. I'm not really sure what the conversion is on Attack when you're below damage cap.

Afrocious

It is very overpowered when you die, self-res and proceed to wipe the team that killed you. Can't turn your back on a Sunsinger after a kill any more.

The thing here is Sunsingers don't have OHKOs save for fusion grenades.

Gunslingers just have to shoot a gun like they've been doing the whole game.

Bladedancers just R1/R2 anywhere to kill.

erawsd

What is this stat showing? If its just the number of people of that class in Crucible then its meaningless. It just means its a popular class, not that its OP. Maybe people feel hunters are OP because there are so many of them so it feels like you always get killed by their abilities.

My guess is that its the people with the highest combat rating.

Fitts

Wasting your super for one kill is generally not a good strategy.

Strategy isn't my main concern. I prioritize FUN when playing a video game. Still, I disagree on the grounds that Bladedancer's super will more often than not net more kills than any other subclass' super, so taking one out as soon as possible is advantageous for your team.

With that said, I do consistently well in Crucible anyway and often place first when I'm not testing new equipment or going after a bounty that's counterintuitive to my playstyle.

Strider

Wow. Looking at the leaderboards (DestinyDB) I just noticed a friend of mine is #13 on the Kill/Death ratio across all platforms and #10 on Playstation. O_O Obviously I knew he was really good but holy shit.

What's the best helium filament gathering area?

I need like, hundreds :(

The first area. Start at the base to the left, then head all the way over to the encampment where you first got the Pike in the first Moon story mission, then up the hill to that encampment with the little dome building, and when you continue down the hill back to the first base you started, the area will be reset and you can repeat. I tend to move on to other areas though since the chests are what you really want to be grabbing and they will not respawn until you drop back down from orbit.

Afrocious

Wow. Looking at the leaderboards (DestinyDB) I just noticed a friend of mine is #13 on the Kill/Death ratio across all platforms and #10 on Playstation. O_O Obviously I knew he was really good but holy shit.

Are you talking about that dude I played with you and he was in your party? He's a Gunslinger right?

That guy had Golden Gun on constantly.

Hyun Sai

It's the Top Rating players, not the number of players per class, showed in another stat (Hunter 36%, Warlock 34%, Titan 30%).

E92 M3

The Queen's ship with the banners...how do they not burn during travel lol? I wonder what kind of material they are. That said, I want banners for my ship.

Tekku

Is this a guess or has it been confirmed?

I'm currently in the last stage of getting Thorn and it's a total bitch at lvl 26. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it since I'll likely need weapons with better stats than Thorn just to beat it.

Thorn is one of the best, if not the best handcannon in PvP atm. And it will get a buff according to Bungie so there's no reason not to get it. Totally worth it imo. And the challenge is fun with a couple of friends.

Bizazedo

The first area. Start at the base to the left, then head all the way over to the encampment where you first got the Pike in the first Moon story mission, then up the hill to that encampment with the little dome building, and when you continue down the hill back to the first base you started, the area will be reset and you can repeat. I tend to move on to other areas though since the chests are what you really want to be grabbing and they will not respawn until you drop back down from orbit.

That's not how chests work. There will always be a set amount of chests active in an area. If you find one, it will spawn somewhere else. Not immediately, but it doesn't take long at all. There usually seem to be two chests per "area", the trick is finding what they outlined as an area.

So, if you just cannot find a chest, the reason is you don't know all the spawn points. There are a *lot* of spawn points.

jett

D-Member
Really, the Vex Mythoclast is the ultimate weapon that rules all supers and classes.

That weapon is idiotic, it shouldn't be allowed for PVP, at least it should be nerfed when used in PVP.

Thorn is one of the best, if not the best handcannon in PvP atm. And it will get a buff according to Bungie so there's no reason not to get it. Totally worth it imo. And the challenge is fun with a couple of friends.

How is it better than the hawkmoon? I don't find the hawkmoon very useful in PVP, although it's great fun to use. I hope these changes make other weapons more viable in PVP.

Interesting that there aren't more Bladedancers since it seems like I'm constantly being killed by them in close quarters maps.

Is there a significant downside to the armor in that class? Because when the Bladedancer is going it seems like the most OP'd ability in the game.

Low level players. I rarely see Gunslingers in Crucible. Sunsingers are more common among high level Warlocks as well.

Titans are excellent for PvE but come up short in PvP. I'm a Titan and that's what I have felt. My subclasses are setup great for PvE stuff but in team play outside of Control, I'm forced to just play smart 100% of the time. Especially since im speced for heavy Melee regen and Melee is a last resort in PVP.

Hmm, I just saw a lot of people saying it was kind of 'meh' and there were better legendary hand cannons out there.

The best we did on that last challenge was getting that Xyor guy to appear but barely put a dent in him before we all bit it. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom