• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes

Status
Not open for further replies.
People spread out, they run away and jump all over the place, they listen for the activation sound and the hum it produces while active and run from any blip on the radar instantly. Even if someone manages to run / jump away for a couple seconds it is using a huge chunk of the supers activation time to get a single kill and makes it unlikely they will get more.
The other I have seen (and done) is watch a bladedancer go after one victim and get gunned down by the victim's teammates either before, during, or after the kill. If they're chasing and other teammates are around, and not all bunched together nice and close, it can be tough on the bladedancer to get work done without dying in the process.

Bladelaw

rXZK4Xz.jpg

Being able to do weekly strikes 3 times in a week is convenient.

Almost there. Just need to level up my warlock. I want ALL the coins!
File:Larfleeze01.jpg

Zomba13

Pimpwerx

Oh yeah. When planning my Hunter build, I never thought bleeping sapphire wire would be the material I regularly came up short on.

Why am I able to consistently get more hadronic essence out of warlock gear than sapphire wire from hunter kit? Is it play time and kill rank? PEACE.

Flo_Evans

Just realized that the rmost important thing for a good pvp sniper is low zoom. I've been using the legendary you get from the Queen's missions but the lowest zoom it has is a mid-range scope. Makes it very cumbersome and removes a level of versatility. I switched to back to a Hieracon-LR5 which has a low-zoom scope and a higher rate of fire and it is much, much better despite it only being a blue.

Sure the legendary Queen sniper does more damage per shot but all that amounts to is you get more clean up kills from body shot. Combined with the lower rate of fire its just not worth it.

rate of fire seems to be king for pretty much all PvP weapons. The heavier high zoom and dmg snipers seem better for bosses.

hydruxo

I love the bladedancers that go run and jump in the air when they activate it. presumably because it looks cool, but it's hilarious taking them out before they get a chance to do anything. If you're a bladedancer, you gotta know when to activate it. Don't activate it out in the open unless you're close enough to do some damage.

Bladelaw

I love the bladedancers that go run and jump in the air when they activate it. presumably because it looks cool, but it's hilarious taking them out before they get a chance to do anything. If you're a bladedancer, you gotta know when to activate it. Don't activate it out in the open unless you're close enough to do some damage.

This should give style points. I'm not sure which side but it's definitely worth some.

cakely

Ah man, you just made me realize how much of a mistake I made by not getting that helmet. I wasn't too happy about strikers getting the flashbang(although supressor is my favorite, its completely situational and useless for PvE.), and that upgrade would've been my alternative to not having a blind.

Instead i spent my coins on this dumb chest that that resses allies faster, and again, is situational.

looks cool though

It also makes you generate extra "orbs of light" when you kill enemies with a super. It's rare that I drop less than five now and I've dropped nine on a nice multi-kill.

It's a great co-op chest, the guys I play with love it.

Finalow

rXZK4Xz.jpg

Being able to do weekly strikes 3 times in a week is convenient.
wait, so one player can just do the weekly strike one time per week? And in order to do it more times you just need to get invited in some team with a host that hasn't done it yet?

if that it's how it works I guess you can farm it, still, I don't like the shitty restriction.

Ramirez

I feel like I should make and level some alts, but I don't want to lose any time with my main....

There comes a point around lvl 27/28 that you're not going to make any progress on a main outside of raid gear. You're much better off getting more chars capable of doing the weekly and nightfall, imo.

Zomba13

wait, so one player can just do the weekly strike one time per week? And in order to do it more times you just need to get invited in some team with a host that hasn't done it yet?

if that it's how it works I guess you can farm it, still, I don't like the shitty restriction.

You can do it as many times as you want but only get the reward once per character.

cakely

You only get the three "strange coins" reward the first time a character runs the weekly strike.

Hoodbury

That's the thing though.

For Call of Duty, I think one of the reasons that it became so big with it's multiplayer, is the unlock system.

It's something Destiny lacks. You play CoD multiplayer, you can go 'Oh if I reach XX I can unlock the AK47/Killstreak/weapon!' or 'I can unlock this camo for my gun!' It's a tangible goal.

Destiny lacks that. There is no static reward for playing a certain amount of PvP. There is no unlocks. There is only random drops. And I'm sure even the most hardcore PvPer will get pissed off that he's played over 100 matches, and in one match the lowest scoring person gets an exotic over him.

There is no progression for multiplayer. It helps that Call of Duty is fun fast gameplay, and it's satisfying getting killstreaks and seeing killcams of your final kills shown to everyone.
Good points and I agree. CoD definitely has that carrot on a stick thing down to a T. I prestige to 10 in almost every CoD and just love always have something to progress towards.

Destiny, I'm rank 3 crucible, bought all the armor I need. Bought the Exotic weapon from Xur and have other legendary or rare weapons that I like, so no real reason to buy any of the cruicible weapons. So now I really technically have no reason to keep playing in the crucible except for fun.

Luckily for Bungie I am still having fun there though. :p

Not sure it'll last as long as I play CoD multiplayer though unless they give me something else to progress towards.

The decisions :/ now i can choose between 3 exotic primary's for raid this week,

Last word
Suros
Multi tool....

Opinions?

The range on Last Word is pretty poopy for raiding. It starts to lose damage really quick and its hard to get close enough to the bosses to get a full damage shot out of it. Haven't used the multi tool but I would feel pretty confident in saying the suros will be your best bet for the raid out of those three.

Any player can do it any number of times but you only get the rewards from it once. So he was referring to getting the reward 3 times by having 3 separate characters.

Tawpgun

There comes a point around lvl 27/28 that you're not going to make any progress on a main outside of raid gear. You're much better off getting more chars capable of doing the weekly and nightfall, imo.

That's what I was thinking, I just hit 28 myself. But I feel I could always use some more XP. Perhaps this week I'll start a new character to play when no one else is on.

hydruxo

The decisions :/ now i can choose between 3 exotic primary's for raid this week,

Last word
Suros
Multi tool....

Opinions?

All 3 are some of the best weapons in the game, given you've fully upgraded them. Though for the raid, Last Word might not be the best choice. I'd say go with Suros.

Hoodbury

No, you'll notice as you hover over the icon on the left of the screen while in orbit that there is no rewards listed after you have completed it.

Finalow

wow, that sucks. I won't have enough coins to buy stuff from Xur, probably.
so I should unlock and finish the one that gives you the most coins (lvl 28, 9 coins) instead of doing the easier ones, I suppose?

Instead i spent my coins on this dumb chest that that resses allies faster, and again, is situational.

looks cool though
that looks REALLY good. I hope to get something similar from Xur this week edit// nvm, fuck bungie.

E92 M3

I feel like I should make and level some alts, but I don't want to lose any time with my main....

Exactly, I can't fathom taking time away from my main to level alts that won't be used a lot. One character is already enough of a time investment.

Apathy

Just realized that the rmost important thing for a good pvp sniper is low zoom. I've been using the legendary you get from the Queen's missions but the lowest zoom it has is a mid-range scope. Makes it very cumbersome and removes a level of versatility. I switched to back to a Hieracon-LR5 which has a low-zoom scope and a higher rate of fire and it is much, much better despite it only being a blue.

Sure the legendary Queen sniper does more damage per shot but all that amounts to is you get more clean up kills from body shot. Combined with the lower rate of fire its just not worth it.

Yup, low zoom is best since most maps are tiny. The only 2 places where high zoom is useful is First Light and Bastion, but otherwise it hurts you more than helps you

Is public event farming for shards a thing or does it make more sense to just do loot mat patrol runs and do them as they happen

Tldr anybody else at 27 and need a ton of shards like me?

Man, I am right there with ya. Most of my armor has leveled but I don't have the mats to upgrade. I could easily farm the planet mats but seems pointless since I only have 4 shards. I did get a couple of shards the last time I was farming for helium though.

I think the daily story at level 24 guarantees 1 ascendant piece but that is a long mission for just 1 piece. I think you only get ascendant mats for the first daily gold tier public event so that doesn't seem worth it either.

I think mat farming and praying to RNGesus for ass mats is the best option. I would love to hear otherwise though!

Really can't go wrong with any of those. All 3 are some of the best weapons in the game, given you've fully upgraded them. Though for the raid, Last Word might not be the best choice.

I can't imagine The Last Word or The Multi-Tool being as effective as Suros in the raid unless they're Void damage rather than Kinetic. There's just too many parts of encounters that require a lot of damage output very quickly.

It's a shame so little play as Titan's defender subclass.

Ward of Dawn with Armor of Light upgrade and rechargeable force barrier

XcjjlO6.gif

easy control/salvage wins
Is Force Barrier PvP viable? I thought I had read here on GAF that it doesn't really add that much mitigation. I've gone to using War Machine to counteract the slow reloading times of my Invective and heavy weapon.

pantsmith

So I missed the "good" chest in
the Gorgon's Labyrinth portion of the
Vault of Glass and am now saved to the last encounter. Any way I can get back to that section? Or is it hopeless?

Otherwise Vault is easily one of my favorite videogame experiences in years. Loved it!

Has anyone else gotten a jumpship blueprint to drop? I had one fall off of a Cabal Legionary in patrol the other day, took it to the Shipwright and got a rare-quality ship called "Laughing Behind your Back..."

I didn't even know they were dropped items.

hamchan

Exactly, I can't fathom taking time away from my main to level alts that won't be used a lot. One character is already enough of a time investment.

In the long run it's much faster to have as many alts as possible. Those 9 strange coins per week turns into 27. 2 ascendant materials per day turns into 6 etc.

hydruxo

I can't imagine The Last Word or The Multi-Tool being as effective as Suros in the raid unless they're Void damage rather than Kinetic. There's just too many parts of encounters that require a lot of damage output very quickly.

Multi-tool might be okay, but yeah Last Word would be pretty ineffective unless you're strictly taking out adds

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No it isn't, every lunge uses a chunk of the time they have in the super. If they are lunging across the map they are going to be lucky to get even 1 kill before it expires.

This is precisely the kind of thing that makes me glad that a lot of developers let the meta game in there products develop before nerfing everything people complain about because ever since launch the average amount of kills per Arc Blade has been going down but people still complain like every usage is giving them 5 kills.

People spread out, they run away and jump all over the place, they listen for the activation sound and the hum it produces while active and run from any blip on the radar instantly. Even if someone manages to run / jump away for a couple seconds it is using a huge chunk of the supers activation time to get a single kill and makes it unlikely they will get more.

As a hunter I wish I ran into other hunters more often and ideally blademasters as they are my easiest kill of all the classes. Golden Gun kills me more often then Arc Blade does :l
Yup, I don't get why people think Arc Blade is OP. I can run away from it 60% of the time, whereas my escape rate from nova bomb and the titan smash is probably around 15%.

I'd say Gunslingers are the easiest to kill while in their super, and Sunsingers are probably second.

Is Force Barrier PvP viable? I thought I had read here on GAF that it doesn't really add that much mitigation. I've gone to using War Machine to counteract the slow reloading times of my Invective and heavy weapon.

It's a lot more viable with constantly recharging option, but the lack of additional melee damage (I think) makes it tougher to use in an offensive capacity than the other options.

Yup, I don't get why people think Arc Blade is OP. I can run away from it 60% of the time, whereas my escape rate from nova bomb and the titan smash is probably around 15%.

I'd say Gunslingers are the easiest to kill while in their super, and Sunsingers are probably second.

People keep saying this, but from all indications Bladedancer is far and away the most popular PvP subclass. That doesn't just happen :p

Man, I am right there with ya. Most of my armor has leveled but I don't have the mats to upgrade. I could easily farm the planet mats but seems pointless since I only have 4 shards. I did get a couple of shards the last time I was farming for helium though.

I think the daily story at level 24 guarantees 1 ascendant piece but that is a long mission for just 1 piece. I think you only get ascendant mats for the first daily gold tier public event so that doesn't seem worth it either.

I think mat farming and praying to RNGesus for ass mats is the best option. I would love to hear otherwise though!

There's always a chance at Ascended materials for Gold Rank in Public Events but they can also award Coins or Motes or no item.

Seik

Banned
Hey guys, I've been playing on a couple of friend's copies but now I have the game ordered (finally found a deal) and I'll probably get it tomorrow or the day after, lvl 6 so far, but things will go way faster when I'll have my copy! :D

PSN: Seik666 - Add me for future missions, raids and stuff.

panda-zebra

Feels good, man.

After many wipes and people leaving and joining yesterday vs. Atheon, we all get together pre-evening meal for a quick tactics talk, give it a go and BAM, job done! Had hoped for an epic cutscene, some dinklebot congrats or just something, but oh well, a plain old results screen will do I suppose.

Might as well show my proceeds of our trip to the VoG, many legendaries were sacrificed today for the ascendant energy (scout, shotgun, machine gun, hand cannon) to give my Praedyth's Revenge maximum impact today (almost 8000 damage from each shot to his special place!):

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You'll reach a point with your main where leveling up an alt will be more valuable to you. With the way gear works, once you hit 20 with that alt, you can do end-game raids with him and weeklies. That makes a huge difference. Instead of grinding out dailies on your main, do a few on an alt, will go fast.

Other than giving the impression there's a story in there, it doesn't seem different than what was released.

Everything in that trailer, aside from the VO and the old Russia cut scene is in the game...?

I saw like two glimpses of cut scenes in that video that were not in the game. Everything else is the same as the current game. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

the scope of the game looked larger back then. more worlds, more gear, more story, etc.

Afrocious

Feels good, man.

After many wipes and people leaving and joining yesterday vs. Atheon, we all get together pre-evening meal for a quick tactics talk, give it a go and BAM, job done! Had hoped for an epic cutscene, some dinklebot congrats or just something, but oh well, a plain old results screen will do I suppose.

Might as well show the proceeds of our trip to the VoG, many legendaries were sacrificed today for the ascendant energy (scout, shotgun, machine gun, hand cannon) to give my Praedyth's Revenge maximum impact today (almost 8000 damage from each shot to his special place!):

Mission Summary? WTF. The screen is finally appearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom