• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Trailer leak.

Greddleok

I just wish I had friends who play Destiny. I know I'd never put the game down if I could just shoot the shit while shooting shit. Alas, no one I know IRL even plays video games.

Whompa02

I wonder if this is mostly geared to people who play Destiny, because as someone who hasn't since the first week of the original release (returned the game due to its mundane design), i'm confused at what to get excited for. It looks like more of the same but with a new coat of paint. Is there something new in here that adds new levels of complexity to the base design that I'm not seeing?

As someone who did not get og gallahorn until after 600 hrs of playtime; I don't mind. What stung worse is that I got it Tuesday and it and Zur sold it that Friday. Then it was nerfed 2 - 3 weeks later.

I wonder if this is mostly geared to people who play Destiny, because as someone who hasn't since the first week of the original release (returned the game due to its mundane design), i'm confused at what to get excited for. It looks like more of the same but with a new coat of paint.

If you played the normal game and no endgame content then yeah it's not much to shout about.

Skux

I remember being impressed by Destiny's graphics a while back. Now they just look primitive compared to new releases. How fast technology moves.

LiK

Well, at least we finally see Saladin's face. Judging from what's in it, I don't see it being that different than the previous DLCs. Only one new strike?

MrS

Banned
The plan was for micro transactions to fund DLC/expansions, right? So is there any chance this will be free to those who own TTK?

Xeroblade

These leaks are getting out of hand. Looks good, I hope the stream today goes into to some features we don't know of like MM for nightfall.

LiK

The plan was for micro transactions to fund DLC/expansions, right? So is there any chance this will be free to those who own TTK?

The micro transactions were to fund those events so no. This will not be free in any way.

LTWood12

Well, at least we finally see Saladin's face. Judging from what's in it, I don't see it being that different than the previous DLCs. Only one new strike?

I just hope they bring back the rest of the year one strikes tbh. There's plenty of strikes in the game already. But yeah, I would've expected at least 2.

Ghorn pre-order bonus? They are going try-hard-sale with that.

It will probably still be nerfed to hell, but I sure am tempted. God damn you Bungie. ;)

Have not played since taken king , think my light level was like 270 , I have a feeling it's going to be a massive grind to get up to scratch .

Would be keen to get back into it but need to see more about this expansion.

Theorry

Have not played since taken king , think my light level was like 270 , I have a feeling it's going to be a massive grind to get up to scratch .

Would be keen to get back into it but need to see more about this expansion.

Nah with every expansion you catch up quick. And how the light level works now with the new infusing you have constant leveling feeling.

Ugh, Pass in that case. Been playing the game since day 1 but stopped playing when The Taken King was released. This is the one thing that is holding me back.

We have a great community over in the Destiny OT found here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214109

There's some really awesome folks here, including Hawkain who runs a "weekly" newbie raid.

Outside of that it's much better for finding people to raid with. Yeah, it takes a little work, but you get out of it what you put in. Hope to see you over there sometime.

Trailer has me pumped up for Destiny again. Haven't touched in months, 6 weeks after TTK and I was done with Destiny.

I don't see myself playing it day in and day out like I did at the onset. More like something I'll return to with new expansions, experience, get my money's worth and leave before I begin to sour on it.

Shameless to include that iron Gjarhallarhorn as a pre-order. Then again what should I expect from Activision?

will pre-order on PSN as soon as it's live

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks cool. one of these days i'll return and have a shit load to do :)

Luq

Looks cool, I've spent shit tons of hours in this game but I think I'm done for now. I'm playing PvE mostly, one more strike, raid and few story missions is not enough to bring me back.

And this "preoder to get this sweet, OP weapon" is bad. Unless I misunderstood something and it's only a skin.

panty

The Game of Destiny Thrones.

Iron Gjallahorn. How original, just slap Iron in front of the old weapons and bam, new weapons.

The snow zone looks nice but too bad theres nothing to do there like in the other zones most likely.

Doesnt blow me away to bring me back.

Improved Destiny 2 maybe but not this.

LifEndz

Didn't TTK have like 3 new strikes (4 for Ps)?

1 new strike and presumably an exclusive for PS is a bit of a bummer. Wonder if this is sold for 39.99.

chippy13

Just watched the trailer again, I think the hype is getting me again. Dammit. I told myself that I wouldn't let this happen.

Defuser

Something tells me Gjallarhorn is gonna be nerf or it's exotic perk will be change. Bungie can't be stupid to give out a OP weapon which single handily the bane of LFG requirements,destroyed many friendships and responsible for many brain dead players who only knows how to blast the horn through the raids and refuses to learn the raid mechanics

meh.

I put in a solid 630 hours into this game but haven't played it in over 7 months. I watched the trailer thinking it would spark some interest in coming back like the previous expansions did but this did nothing for me.

Hope you all enjoy it but I'm done with Destiny until they come out with a proper Destiny 2 for next gen consoles and PC only.

edit: next gen = current gen (including neo and scorpio)

Something tells me Gjallarhorn is gonna be nerf or it's exotic perk will be change. Bungie can't be stupid to give out a OP weapon which single handily the bane of LFG requirements,destroyed many friendships and responsible for many brain dead players who only knows how to blast the horn through the raids and refuses to learn the raid mechanics

After Bungies track record with this game you think that it WON'T happen? This will be Destiny's version of welfare epics, give everyone a PoS OP weapon so everyone can do the content to keep people playing until next year when Destiny 2 comes out.

Top Bottom