• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Trailer leak.

Arrrammis

uSR3R9X.jpg

Here's a better picture of the Gjallerhorn page so that you can see the bottom text. Apparently pre-ordering give you a quest which then rewards you with the Iron Gjallerhorn, and I'm not sure if that's better or worse. If they make the mission insanely difficult so that you feel like you earned the Iron Gjallerhorn and then just make the mission a timed exclusive (one month or less) then give it to everyone, I'm fine with it.

Edit: when I say a difficult quest, I think of the Thorn exotic bounty from year 1. A long, multi-part mission spanning PvE and Crucible, culminating in a super difficult version of a strike with an extra boss at the end.

XAL

uSR3R9X.jpg

Here's a better picture of the Gjallerhorn page so that you can see the bottom text. Apparently pre-ordering give you a quest which then rewards you with the Iron Gjallerhorn, and I'm not sure if that's better or worse. If they make the mission insanely difficult so that you feel like you earned the Iron Gjallerhorn and then just make the mission a timed exclusive (one month or less) then give it to everyone, I'm fine with it.

Pretty sure it's going to be a semi-challenging questline that gives you the ghally. Just giving you a guaranteed direct path to it.

Definitely sure they're not going to hand it out to everyone for free after (otherwise what's the point?). It's just going to be in the rng loot pool/xur per usual.

uSR3R9X.jpg

Nothing is "insanely difficult" in Destiny, not with a good fireteam.

The1Ski

they really need to make several strikes, you would think that they could make more then one or two every time.

Wasn't there something about Bungie's engine that made it inflexible and difficult to develop new content with? I could be misremembering but I thought every little change required hours of compiling/loading to test. Then more hours to make adjustments again.

XAL

Wasn't there something about Bungie's engine that made it inflexible and difficult to develop new content with? I could be misremembering but I thought every little change required hours of compiling/loading to test. Then more hours to make adjustments again.

Yup this is true. The engine is totally fucked. Maybe they alleviated some problems, but it's definitely not where it should be.

I'd rather have Destiny 2 honestly. But Bungo gotta fulfill that DLC forecast for Activision.

That voiceover sounds so much like the goofy voice Chris Remo puts on when he's making fun of self-serious video game stories on Idle Thumbs.

gatti-man

After loving destiny since day 1 I think I'm done for now. Nothing in that trailer seemed really interesting to me. It seemed inconsequential and not really anything worth the significant time investment destiny always is. I'll be in for destiny 2 but for this I think I'll skip it.

matmanx1

I haven't played Destiny since Christmas 2015. By that time I was pretty much done with TTK content and had long since burned out on the original stuff.

That being said, I really enjoyed TTK and thought it was totally worth the $40 asking price. If "Rise of Iron" is as good or better than the TTK, I would actually look forward to booting up Destiny again.

I just want Story and Nightfall matchmaking.
Making it optional? Sure. But no way in hell do I want forced matchmaking in story missions, I like to go at my own pace.

fine print says theres a mission to complete to get the Gjally even if you preorder.

Yup. Methinks this will be like the Red Bull codes were for TTK: you get early access to the questline and it becomes available to everyone later (Jan 1?) so everyone gets it regardless. At least the type at the bottom also says it's not an exclusive to anyone.

Kyoufu

Making it optional? Sure. But no way in hell do I want forced matchmaking in story missions, I like to go at my own pace.

If there's one thing they could learn from The Division, it's got to be optional matchmaking.

Select activity from the Director, then press Triangle to begin matchmaking. Simples!

pantsmith

And vanilla destiny was a full game?

The answer is no.

I mean it worked at launch, offered an excellent multiplayer experience, and Vault of Glass was legit one of the best things in any game that year. Better than a lot of games can say.

It just happened to also have a barebones campaign that felt massively underwhelming compared to everything else Bungie has ever done, because they scrapped it before launch and tried to reorganize what they had done.

Eh, I'll give you that.

Court of Oryx was a fucking bust though. After week 1 it was a ghost town. Relying on the dynamic world matching was not the choice.

That really depends, there have times when it was barren but trying to do Tier 3 fights with randoms is always a crap shoot. Other times I have gone to Court by myself and after a bit there were 6 people there.

But I have all the fragments so I don't go there anymore. Grinding for 335 artifacts isn't fun.

Top Bottom