• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Taken King previews starting to trickle out

Jim

Played a few hours of Rift last week and it's most definitely fast-paced and fun as hell. I was mentally yelling "Boomshakalaka!" when our team scored.

Edit: I'm in some of these videos, hah.

Troy

Banned
Oddly enough this is the fastest I've seen my PS4 download anything. I'm already at 16 gig downloaded.

I read in the patch notes you can skip cutscenes....thank goodness! The first or second time is fine, but watching the same cutscene 50 times over got so old.

Troy

Banned
So you are the one who is making my download take 15+ hours.

If it makes you feel better, when I turned my PS4 on to check the download progress, it almost immediately jumped from 30 minutes to 7 hours until completion. Apparently the PS4 downloads much quick in standby.

Rest mode isn't working???? Nooooooo

It works if the patch was made available before about 3am eastern. Anything that arrives after that won't be auto-downloaded until the PS4 checks again the following day or until you wake the PS4 manually. When I turned mine on to start Destiny's patch, I was informed that Driveclubs patch had been downloaded and installed while I slept.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looking forward to checking out PVP tonight

Falchion

Oh god, just saw how big the update file was. Hopefully my Xbox in instant on mode is going ahead and downloading it while I'm at work.

Troy

Banned
Took me a year to get a shader that didn't look stupid(queen's web). I hope there's better ones this year.

cakely

"cinematics may now be skipped"

As someone that's played every bit of content through three level 34 characters, holy crap I wish that feature had been in from the very beginning.

Pics_nao

Been juggling Vanilla and MGSV for the past week. Might put MGSV on the back burner if this turns out to be really fucking good.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
why such a big update?

17 gig is just silly

It's essentially the entire TTK expansion content being downloaded. You just won't actually have access to that content until the 15th (assuming you buy TTK.)

Given that, it does still seem pretty hefty though.

It's essentially the entire TTK expansion content being downloaded. You just won't actually have access to that content until the 15th (assuming you buy TTK.)

Voice files are typically very large, and one of the game's main characters has been re-cast, so we're re-downloading every Ghost line ever.

Bold One

I bloody hope its TTK content, otherwise imagine how big that would be

btw are Bungie still charging 40 Great British Pounds for this expansion?

Debating whether to move onto this or Forza 6 after I finish MGS. Leaning toward Forza since I'll probably be playing at least one or two of Halo 5, Battlefront, and Blops 3, but it looks like they really turned around a lot of the contentious aspects of the original game.

15 minutes until my download is finished. What exactly should I look forward to when I start it up? Is it just a prep for TTK?

Ein Bear

I can't believe they didn't take the opportunity to re-write some of these lines. Even just a little bit.

North does deliver them a bit better though at least.

Top Bottom