• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Taken King - Year 2 Reveal - Stream (Summary in OP)

So basically the entire game has been reworked for TTK compared to what launch Destiny was.

Really the amount that has changed in 1 year is pretty staggering.

Cruxist

Maybe we can "infuse" year one Exotics? That would make sense with the Gjally nerf?

Bah. Whatever. I'm excited to collect new stuff.

jaaz

So, MC Hammer ballon pants dance, what looks like a sprinkler head, and I don't know the other one. Legendary!

Two Words

I was really hoping that they'd scrap the whole concept of vaults in the Tower, honestly. The whole process of having to fly to the tower, dump all of my gear; then switch characters to pick it up is so fucking annoying. Honestly, it is one of my biggest interface issues with Destiny. I was hoping you'd just be able to equip all gear on a character whenever you want in orbit.

DocSeuss

So, what, like... a couple months after they drop ascension, they're just abandoning it?

They didn't show her but they did say she's been moved to a different part of the Tower.

She'll be between the two stairs once you head down to the vanguard. There's a bot sweeping there for now.

Makikou

I was really hoping that they'd scrap the whole concept of vaults in the Tower, honestly. The whole process of having to fly to the tower, dump all of my gear; then switch characters to pick it up is so fucking annoying. Honestly, it is one of my biggest interface issues with Destiny. I was hoping you'd just be able to equip all gear on a character whenever you want in orbit.

Or you could just use the Destiny app on your Android/iOS phone and or tablet..

Destiny item manager and tower ghost exists you know. You dont need to go to tower anymore.

You can if you download the app. You can switch gear at any time and never set foot in the Tower

giphy.gif

El-Suave

So I had Pocket Infinity once and dismantled it and now I'm grinding for it again for completionist purposes aquiring glimmer for rare fusion rifles to dismantle. Can I stop because I'll have the blueprints anyway?

DeviantBoi

Hmmm... so if I understand this correct, if you find an exotic weapon, your character can go to the kiosk and buy a copy of the weapon.

I guess you'll still need to level up the weapon?

So if you want all three characters to always have a Gjallarhorn in their inventory, you need to level up three of them.

And if you want to make it more powerful with infusion, you do it on each of the copies?

Or you can only have one and still pass it around like you do today with most exotics.

jaaz

We need a thread on what the hell to do with all of our existing exotic armor and weapons, legendary armor and weapons, shards, materials, marks, commendations, etc. prior to the Taken King--or nothing and keep them.
I am so confused.

blacklabel93

Neo Member
Honestly I don't like the fact that you can get legendaries now for anything. Takes away the value of the guns. Everything else was spot on though can't wait

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So I had Pocket Infinity once and dismantled it and now I'm grinding for it again for completionist purposes aquiring glimmer for rare fusion rifles to dismantle. Can I stop because I'll have the blueprints anyway?

Seems like that could be the case. They could just query your Grimoire to see what exotic weapons you've unlocked.
Not sure how it will work with armor though. Maybe they're storing that data, but aren't showing it to you.

I'm going to hold onto all my exotics though. Just in case.

Makikou

Hmmm... so if I understand this correct, if you find an exotic weapon, your character can go to the kiosk and buy a copy of the weapon.

I guess you'll still need to level up the weapon?

So if you want all three characters to always have a Gjallarhorn in their inventory, you need to level up three of them.

And if you want to make it more powerful with infusion, you do it on each of the copies?

Or you can only have one and still pass it around like you do today with most exotics.

You find an exotic once, then if you .. lose it, you can get it from the exotic blueprint kiosk again.

You need to level a Year 1 exotic from beginning, but Year 2 exotics will have their main perks unlocked asap.

You cannot infusion Year 1 gear. Only Year 2.

Top Bottom