• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapet318

Banned
It would be hilarious at this point if the oval-screen patent has nothing to do with the NX and Nintendo goes in a completely different direction. Frankly, that's what I'm rooting for.

Boogdud

What if the "Wii Cross" is actually a device used for backwards compatibility with the new console/handheld? It makes sense with the name...

I know it's fake

Kikorin

It's fake, but the last one looks pretty cool to me (with 2 analog obv). Anyway now the hype is real, hope to see something before E3 :(

Pls N

The_Lump

Banned
Fakeness level 9000 on that "Wii Cross" thing.

'We Cross' with these lazy ass fakes is what we are. The bar has been raised by the OP "leak".

The_Lump

Banned

Now that's more like it. Juicy. Any confirmation it's from Nintendo?
Edit: nvm, they are from Sharp. So could be linked but no evidence it's NX related.

Those patents seems more meant for tablet and phones than a controller with a screen.

Not necessarily. Could be for anything with a screen. Don't pay too much attention to the shape of the drawings.

NX is looking like the dumbest thing but who knows

It will be up to Nintendo to sell me on this "New Idea"

IM just worried that we are getting another high cost low power device

maxcriden

Like every single post in this thread. There's no insiders. Only wannabe insiders who express themselves in fancy words and/or cryptic sentences to look even more important.

Pathetic.

I know what you mean, but there are some real insiders. And there's proof on the last page that Orgen is a reliable source.

NX is looking like the dumbest thing but who knows

It will be up to Nintendo to sell me on this "New Idea"

IM just worried that we are getting another high cost low power device

We know absolutely nothing about what it is or what it looks like. It's far too early to be reaching these conclusions.

Kimishima flat out said the Wii U name sucked and he never liked it. Wii as branding is dead.

Kimishima also said in one of recent TIME interviews that NX is neither a Wii successor nor a Nintendo 3DS one. It's impossible to not be a successor of Wii products yet bear Wii branding.

Hermii

Now that's more like it. Juicy. Any confirmation it's from Nintendo?
Edit: nvm, they are from Sharp. So could be linked but no evidence it's NX related.

Not necessarily. Could be for anything with a screen. Don't pay too much attention to the shape of the drawings.
That d pad in the drawing looks awfully Nintendo.
Those patents seems more meant for tablet and put hones than a controller with a screen.
Who says it's a controller and not a handheld?

Evidence of controller: ???

Evidence of handheld: the patent was for a handheld, runs a mobile tech demo, the screen on the controller concept didn't exactly work last time.

Banned
He made that post more than a month before they were announced.

Hmmm...
I said nx news in April back in January because the new fiscal year started and the year end financial briefing was around that time every year.

Awwww yeah!

thefro

This was all discussed before when Sharp made the original announcement about the new displays and Nintendo was mentioned as a rumored customer.

Most people thought that was for QOL, for what it's worth.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I said nx news in April back in January because the new fiscal year started and the year end financial briefing was around that time every year.

Awwww yeah!

So if a reveal will happen in April you will get the upgraded status of insider™.

Meanwhile at Nintendo Japan...

Adviser: "Maybe we should lift the lid on the NX earlier? These rumors could be damaging to our console"

Kimishima: "No, no not yet. I'm having too much fun watching the blow ups between people. I'm gonna miss these online discussions when we do release this thing.... bundle Wii Go Home...love these guys."

Meanwhile at Nintendo Japan...

Adviser: "Maybe we should lift the lid on the NX earlier? These rumors could be damaging to our console"

Kimishima: "No, no not yet. I'm having too much fun watching the blow ups between people. I'm gonna miss these online discussions when we do release this thing.... bundle Wii Go Home...love these guys."

Cut to E3: "Wii would like to show you something..."

Bert

Pre-announcement Nintendo rumours are like a great big "what's your dream crazy console" competition.

I love it. New devices every year please Ninty.

BahamutPT

Just to back up a bit on the patent issue, it's nothing really new. Nintendo themselves defined in their patents how the sticks would work/connect to the PCB behind the screen.

16 is the touch panel and 14 is the display panel
18a is obviously the stick :p

nx3.jpg

nx4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom