• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

Silly season is here. Probably fake but you have to admire the effort. But then it could be an actual prototype, just not something close to final.

FZZ

Banned
Everyone on GAF is a hater

As long as they add the handles like they have on the patent, I'm game. Shit looks dope.

Even with dem nipple analog sticks, but they'll probably be more traditional when it launches.

Orayn

Chain of custody on this is Reddit account made 2 hours ago -> Dual Pixels (who claimed the Redditor as their "exclusive source") -> Destructoid.

Personally I'm pretty skeptical. It's way too on the nose for the patent drawing, and the Redditor's posts about it are a random collection of other patent tidbits.

Can I please just have a normal controller, please?

These controller designs have turned me off from their consoles since the N64.

The Argus

Sharp would be making these displays, which also own the patent to this technology.

Wow, totally forgot that Nintendo worked with Sharp on the 3DS. My bad. It being a Sharp patent is much more believable.

I'm looking forward to $100 extra and replacement controllers, that is if they actually offer them.

Crzy1

Awww yeah... those phone ergonomics but with thumbsticks... the future really is now. I hope this is fake. :/

Doctre81

This reminds me of the reaction to the wiimote when it was first shown without the nunchuck...which leads me to believe this could be legit....wow

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That looks absolutely horrible, to the point it would legitimately turn me off buying the platform. All else aside, buttons or no deal. NX would be the first Nintendo console I'd skip since the NES.

Griss

Hooo-eeee! I was not expecting this whole carnival to start today!

I'm firmly calling fake, but it's a damn good fake!

Please be fake!

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. That shit better be fake.

Truth be told the main speculated aspect that I care about with the NX is supposed shared library with its handheld counterpart.

Dee Dee

Drawings in patent applications ≠ final design.

That looks soooo like the drawing, how could that even happen.

I want to know how someone managed to get a straight-on bright lightsource from over the screen and yet still managed to have an ambient light shadow going off the back of it. The nubs aren't even centered, what the hell angle is that being taken at?

Fake.

-Horizon-

He also wants to try to make...videos of it to show it's legit? That would make it much more believable, but I wonder if those videos will ever happen, lol

You'll be able to tell its real if you see the shadow of a ninja in the background.

tumblr_mcgeai2rYH1r2xx6no1_500.gif

If real, god dammit Nintendo

This reminds me of that PS3 prototype controller. It just looks too "futuristic" and not very practical to have a weirdly cropped screen and no top buttons. Unlike the PS3 controller, this doesn't even look good.
18rz88k97tuxkjpg.jpg

Doctre81

Look at the bright side...if this is fake maybe it will make so many rounds that the real controller get leaked or even shown by Nintendo themselves.

Malus

This reminds me of that PS3 prototype controller. It just looks too "futuristic" and not very practical to have a weirdly cropped screen and no top buttons. Unlike the PS3 controller, this doesn't even look good.
18rz88k97tuxkjpg.jpg

Put it in a display case with some lights and Zelda on the screen and it'd look pretty dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom