• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details on new GRAW content (hits end of June)

maynerd said:
I haven't played Co-Op online yet. Is it good?

It's great. Just don't expect anything over 8 players to keep it's connection though. Even more than plain multiplayer, Co-op required more from your bandwidth apparently.

Shogmaster said:
It's great. Just don't expect anything over 8 players to keep it's connection though. Even more than plain multiplayer, Co-op required more from your bandwidth apparently.

Four Player co-op is where it's at any way. Any more than that, then the levels don't feel much like a challenge, and you have people competing over kills rather than working together.

maynerd said:
Hmm..I might just have to jump into this co-op thing then.

Thanks for the thoughts. Any tips you can give me?

Play with friends for sure. It's much more fun then trying to organize a game with random people on Live. Communicate with your team. Let them know where you are, who you're covering, where the enemy is, etc. Play a role. Sniper, grenadier, rifleman. Find a role you like, and get good at it. :)

Co-op is loads of fun! And now that I've pretty much finished Oblivion, I'm ready to jump back into GRAW. This new content is going to help that alot!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Four Player co-op is where it's at any way. Any more than that, then the levels don't feel much like a challenge, and you have people competing over kills rather than working together.

Tru dat

maynerd said:
Hmm..I might just have to jump into this co-op thing then.

Thanks for the thoughts. Any tips you can give me?

When you first do the Campaign missions to earn gamer points, go slow, and use the drone.

Played GRAW a ton when it came out. Loved it! Beat the single player, and was playing online regularly. Then...something happened...lets see...what was it...?? Oh yeah! Another little game, called Oblivion, came out, and distracted me. For three months! :D

Shogmaster said:
I play almost everyday. Where are YOU guys? Probably scared of me. ;)

im on almost every night 10 eastern to about 1. maybe i dont have you on my list?? ill check when i get home. although ping png has consumed me for the last week and a half

truffleshuffle83 said:
im on almost every night 10 eastern to about 1. maybe i dont have you on my list?? ill check when i get home. although ping png has consumed me for the last week and a half

I don't think I have you on mine either.

Here's what I prefer to play (I usually try to host):

Team Sharpshooter 12 player max (connection related)
- No drone
- No spawn invulnerability
- No kill cam
- IFF friendlies only
- No map indicator for enemy IFF (whatever that's called)
- Night vision ON

I usually play late though (midnight PST onwards).

why no drone....makes the game more strategic. you gotta think should i shoot the drone down or risk being targeted out by it

whats your tag ill add you?? you mustve not got the game at launch because i had pretty much everyones tag on my list when it came out and we played pretty much nightly for awhile

maynerd said:
I haven't played Co-Op online yet. Is it good?

GRAW co-op is f uck awesome. Much better than the regular death match stuff.

The new campaign should be a lot of fun and the re-lit maps look great but my biggest problem with GRAW remains the screwed up lobby. Trying to jump into a game in GRAW can be a bitch and is one of the reasons I don't play it that much. Ubi really needs to address this.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Trying to jump into a game in GRAW can be a bitch and is one of the reasons I don't play it that much. Ubi really needs to address this.

and the fact that you cant get your 7896853 pets to stop ****ing with your cords :lol :lol

truffleshuffle83 said:
why no drone....makes the game more strategic. you gotta think should i shoot the drone down or risk being targeted out by it

whats your tag ill add you?? you mustve not got the game at launch because i had pretty much everyones tag on my list when it came out and we played pretty much nightly for awhile

I hate the drone because it promotes more camping. I like to run and gun, taking mofos down while they lay down to snipe. :D In fact, I'd say it's MUCH more strategic trying to figure out where the enemy went without the aid of the drone, and it also tends to promote team communication since they can't rely on it.

BTW, It's always "Shogmaster".

garth2000

I wish they would include online stat tracking in one of the updates (unless its already there, and I'm just not smart enough to find it)

A preview video of the juice is up on Marketplace.

It's buried under GameTrailers, which itself is still mystifyingly buried under Media And Entertainment. Just click on New Releases there and then GameTrailers.

Top Bottom