• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective Pikachu game revealed

Who should voice Pikachu for the English release?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shigby

Banned
Pikachu is looking like he's going to go as ham as when Cole Phelps interrogates anyone in L.A. Noire!

93w4gti.gif

la-noire-20110228111545520-000.jpg

Dunkley

I can't wait to get home and watch the trailer. Detective Pikachu sounds weird as fuck, so of course i'm interested!

Just give me something similar to Ace Attorney Investigations and I'll be very happy.

That's honestly what I am hoping for too.

CassSept

Say what you will but Pokemon Company has some crazy reveal schedule.

Pokken was teased with a shot of 3D Blaziken v Lucario in August 2013 and then not mentioned at all, no explanation, nothing for over a year.

This? Remember that Detective Pikachu we've shown once 2.5 years ago? Oh right, it's coming out next week!

Pokemon Z tie-ins are already everywhere and the game had not even been revealed yet.

Neoxon

I see that The Pokémon Company is supporting the 3DS until the bitter end.

But seriously, Pikachu is creeping me out here.

KoopaTheCasual

So did everyone here just forget about the numbers of Pokemon who've had human speech in the anime, or...?

Admittedly, its a bit more jarring since its an incredibly deep voice, rather than Ikue Ohtani just doing straight up voice acting. I guess the contrast is meant for comedic purposes - especially since its quite clear that other Pikachu still use pokéspeak - but I dunno.

Still, looks to be a neat game, hope it gets localised.
Would have been amazing if after that other Pikachu said "Pikachu", the protagonist Pikachu responded with a deep "Domo".

DNAbro

It's coming out in about a week

Following the reveal in The Professionals 3 years ago, the detective Pikachu game has finally been revealed as Detective Pikachu ~ Birth of a New Combination~. It will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Japan on February 3rd 2016 for 1,500 yen. It'll be cheaper for 1,200 yen from January 27th 2016 to February 29th 2016. It stars a "smug, talking, loveable, detective pikachu"

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

JoeM86

More details

This game requires 800MB of space (6,400 blocks) to download and is listed on the official site as "Cinematic Adventure Game". It takes place in Rhyme City and you the human character called Tim Goodman who has come to the city for a currently unknown reason. When he meets with Pikachu, the story begins. It is a 1 Player game and has no online or communication features.

Top Bottom