• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective Pikachu game revealed

Who should voice Pikachu for the English release?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Garou

Some info:

eShop-exclusive
Regular price: 1,500 Yen
Special price 1,200 Yen from Jan 27 to Feb 29 (preload possible)

It's all gonna come down to the English voice actor, because god damn this needs a localisation.

I'd pay good money for it to be Robert Downey Jr. Good money.

Zyrox

This resurfaced, huh. Thought it was canned. Comes out so soon too. Talking Pikachu cracks me up.

Detective Pikachu IOTI Who's that Criminal?

Dinjoralo

Dear Christ on a nonicycle, that mouth animation is terrifying. The whole artstyle is exactly everything I don't wan't to look at, it just does not work for me at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The boy will die at the end just so during the funeral scene Pikachu can turn to Professor Tree and say "He was a goodman."

That would be the infamous pikaman

358.gif

(couldn't find any decent gifs, sorry)

Now Pikaman will finally be an English gentleman.

j50YMgX.gif

This is extremely weird.

What I'm getting is Pikachu with a manly, human voice and Christopher Robin solve Sherlock Holmes styed mysteries with a musical score seemingly inspired by the BBC's Sherlock.

Day -1

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the way it's a visual novel and you play as a human.

A lot of "very old anime" was heavily inspired by western animation like Disney's. The boy looks like he belongs in a whimsical 90s DTV Disney original.

Yeah, but when people say it looks westerney I feel like they haven't seen old anime shows that have a similar aesthetic.

Vuapol

Oh god I forgot about this. I thought it was dead, just like the Aipom whose nefarious murder I have no doubt this baritoned Sherlock Pikachu will solve.

Mr-Joker

Banned
This is awesome and I can't wait to play it when it gets localized, though I am hoping that they get a good dub voice for Pikachu as he needs that deep manly voice.

It's also amazing how they haven't stopped the Pokémon hype train, they really are going all in for the 20th anniversary.

Is that Aipom dead and bleeding?

No he's just holding something in his tail, also I doubt that Aipom is dead. This is a children game after all.

ash_ag

Wonder if potential dubs push the game a bit back in the west. They used motion capture in this one, which means that there may be (some sort of...) lipsync. But then again, it took a while. Localizations may have been the reason it took so long.

Looks great. The aesthetic is something Pokémon hasn't experimented with before. Sherlock Holmes vibes are also all over the place. Just a few days ago, I was thinking about how Pokkén does a great job in showcasing a lively Pokémon World via its cities and landmarks. This one seems to do a spot-on job too. Looking forward!

Top Bottom