• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

thelatestmodel said:
I honestly don't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game, cleared my schedule, and even planned my snacks in advance.
The only other game I've ever pre-ordered was Pokemon Silver as a kid back in 2000. This is also the first time I've requested days off work to play a game.

This has come out of nowhere for me. I was aware of it months ago but didn't think I'd be interested until watching some videos last week. Now considering a day one purchase.

Evershade

Stunning OP. Seriously cant wait to get sucked into this game, hopefully it lives up to the hype. August 26th can't come soon enough.

Also stealing this?
YzJa5.png

Yoshiya

Great OP. Might hold on this until I have a worthy PC, though my love of good stories and settings is really conflicting with my hatred of shooters on this one. I know it's an RPG, but I just struggle to enjoy the control paradigms of first person action oriented games (with guns) on PC.

Looking forward to the soundtrack for sure though.

Anyone ever preordered something from Target? Do they ship fairly quickly? I ask because I have a $50 Target gift card I've been sitting on forever and could get the augmented edition for $10...

Zeliard

Yoshiya said:
Great OP. Might hold on this until I have a worthy PC, though my love of good stories and settings is really conflicting with my hatred of shooters on this one. I know it's an RPG, but I just struggle to enjoy the control paradigms of first person action oriented games (with guns) on PC.

Looking forward to the soundtrack for sure though.

You could probably just stick a gamepad in there and it'll play well enough, if you're not comfortable with keyboard/mouse.

x-Lundz-x

Wow, fucking incredible OT for one of my most wanted games this year. Great job!!

I am so pumped for this game, personally everything I have seen, read and just the general vibe I get from the impressions is that this has GOTY written all over it.

Effect

Excellent opening post.

Is there a major difference between Direct X 10 and 11? I have Vista but I know my card is capable of DX11. The Windows 7 being need is slightly annoying if there is going to be a difference between it and 10 when it comes to the graphics.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
DEUS EX
Also mega hyped. I haven't really read too much into the previews and reviews that have come out so I hope I'll be able to come to a game fresh for once.

I'm going to nab this one:
Q5p1y.png

I really hope this sells shed loads just to encourage bean counters to make more games like this.

Yoshiya

Zeliard said:
You could probably just stick a gamepad in there and it'll play well enough, if you're not comfortable with keyboard/mouse.
If I play this I want to play it properly, and I find first person games equally as unpleasant/disorienting on consoles, if not more so.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Its like being pumped to see The Godfather Part 2 without having seen the first. Fucking weird.
Well there has been 11 years... Most sales of this game would be to newcomers to the series I assume. There are just so many more people playing games than there was 11 years ago.

iNvid02

op's are big business now, should be interesting to see the ones in a few months, i''ll try to make the assassins creed one epic.

Solo said:
Its like being pumped to see The Godfather Part 2 without having seen the first. Fucking weird.

The game is 11 years old and I didn't play it when it came out, I might dig up the PS2 version (sue me) since it's supposedly a pretty good port down the line but currently I have no interest.

i haven't played the press preview, and i've barely seen any gameplay or trailers, but my pre-order is in place, and i can't wait.

i loved the original... just trying to decide what play style to use for this one for the first play through.

Top Bottom