• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Zeliard

Solo said:
...the fuck? You've never played the best game ever put you're hyped for its sequel?

Gamers these days don't get to experience much - or any - quality RPG/FPS hybrid gameplay. Deus Ex: HR shall be the mead to soothe their ills.

Utryw.gif

This should've been in the OP haha

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
The game is 11 years old and I didn't play it when it came out, I might dig up the PS2 version (sue me) since it's supposedly a pretty good port down the line but currently I have no interest.

It is a bit weird that you're interested in this but won't pick up the original to see what all the fuss is about. Just saying.

PC version is just a few bucks on Steam, it'll be the best few bucks you ever spend.

Zeliard

Replicant said:
I know, I know! I'm hoping I can get through the game with minimal FPS action though since I suck at FPS.

Shouldn't be an issue. You should be able to stealth your way through much of it.

Apparently the boss fights are lame since you can only fight them a certain way, and presumably that means shooting them lots, but the rest of the game should be much more open-ended.

Saw an advert on tv that made me very interested in this game. I noticed a lot of you were playing the leaked preview build. Is it legal to download it? I'm not asking for links.

Replicant

Zeliard said:
Shouldn't be an issue. You should be able to stealth your way through much of it.

Apparently the boss fights are lame since you can only fight them a certain way, and presumably that means shooting them lots, but the rest of the game should be much more open-ended.
If the battle is similar to Mass Effect one when you have to use sniper riffle then I should be okay. FPS when I'm stationary/behind a cover is usually not a problem. I only have difficulty when I have to move and shoot in FPS mode while the enemies are around me.

I'm still a little worried about the potential sales. If shit like Brink can sell 600k+ first month, it shouldn't have a problem but I dunno. Okay sales like 400k combined first month aren't gonna do it; it needs like 600-800k due to the massive time (4 years) and dollar (tens of millions) investment involved here.

x-Lundz-x

Heavy said:
I'm still a little worried about the potential sales. If shit like Brink can sell 600k+ first month, it shouldn't have a problem but I dunno. Okay sales like 400k combined first month aren't gonna do it; it needs like 600-800k due to the massive time (4 years) and dollar (tens of millions) investment involved here.

If this game does not sell at least a million plus it's first month I have lost all faith in the general public who call themselves *gamers*.

This is a game that screams to be played by everyone. Please, BUY THIS GAME. We need more titles like this.

KorrZ

Amazing OT! One week left...O M G. I played the preview build and have had to restrain myself from playing it again....my waiting will soon end...

wutwutwut

Zeliard said:
Apparently the boss fights are lame since you can only fight them a certain way, and presumably that means shooting them lots
That is incorrect. You have to fight and kill bosses, but there are plenty of ways to do that that don't involve shooting the bosses lots.

Zenith

Banned
This will either be the second greatest game ever made or the greatest depending if it can best the original or not.

Ricker

Got this pre-ordered for a while now,can`t wait to see the Montreal mission...I thought it was deleted from the game a while back ?....great OP as well.

Tacitus_

wutwutwut said:
That is incorrect. You have to fight and kill bosses, but there are plenty of ways to do that that don't involve shooting the bosses lots.

Have you played a build newer than the leaked one? Because the boss in that required you to shoot at him a lot. Or are you just playing with semantics since there were some interactable objects you could throw at him?

randomwab

I'm gonna be that guy...

Deus Ex 1. Never played. I own the disc version and Steam version. Where do I start, both in mods and a noob guide?

Jtrizzy

How long is the original? I should have my new pc built by this weekend and might give it a spin with those texture mods. Are the stories truly unrelated?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
randomwab said:
I'm gonna be that guy...

Deus Ex 1. Never played. I own the disc version and Steam version. Where do I start, both in mods and a noob guide?

Steam version. No mods, it's not worth the hassle and they do not improve the core game experience.

You don't really need a guide, just familiarize yourself with the basic controls, and remember that you right click to pick things up.

Be patient when aiming in the early stages of the game, the shooting mechanics are a little dated and can be a bit weird to someone picking it up now. Plan your attacks carefully and you'll be fine.

I honestly prefer playing Deus Ex 1 on Realistic. That's what I did on my first playthrough. The game certainly gives you the necessary tools to beat the game regardless of how fast you die, it just means that you can't rush in guns blazing and hope to kill everyone without a plan. Saving often helps, though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

DryvBy

Man, I can't wait for my birthday. This game is hot stuff! I'm double dipping. PC for mods and best gameplay, but PS3 so my wife can watch. Any PS3/360 comparison fighting yet?

BadTaste

Deadly Cyclone said:
I feel stupid, I started Deus Ex 1 but found it difficult (partly due to being old, partly due to me not being a PC gamer), how is the difficulty through the rest of the game after Liberty Island?

Things get pretty tough when
MJ12 start hunting you down, particularly at Hell's Kitchen.
, but yeah the difficulty does get reasonably harder after Liberty Island.

Top Bottom