• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Tacitus_

Ah, the box method seems about right, can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks for the info mate!

Overall I'm enjoying the game, and I am aiming at a Pacifist Stealth run. 'Suspicious' doesn't count as an Alarm right?

Only enemies physically pulling the alarm counts as an alarm, I think. There are some places where you get detected because cutscene Adam is an idiot and you need to find a way out with enemies set at Hostile. You can still Ghost these segments.
While I'm still fairly early in the game what tips do you guys recommend for dealing with bosses? As in what tactics or weapons are best used against them?
I don't have the tranq. gun but have the Stun Gun.

First boss
stun gun, grenades, the barrels in the room
2nd boss
Typhoon if you got it, upgraded revolver otherwise (or if you're hoarding stun gun ammo, death by a thousand cuts with it). Upgrading armor for EMP protection helps a lot in this fight
3rd boss
Laser gun or timing a takedown just right will oneshot him
, final boss
you can cheese it by shooting through the barrier with a laser rifle

Tizoc

This and Just Cause 2 are among my PS3 backlogs for more than 1 year.
Right now I'm really enjoying Deus Ex, prob. more so than Dishonored. I'm in the final area of chapter 1 before facing the boss it seems, I'm at the underground FEMA facility.
When I got out the elevator, I kept taking the right path but always got spotted. I reload, take the LEFT path and I stealthy make it to the next area with ease.

Just wish the game wasn't FPS view, I like Jensen's design and would've much rathered to play while seeing him instead of seeing things from his PoV.

Oh and I'm selling off any weapons and ammo that would kill enemies, and my main weapon is still the Stun Gun. Should I also sell off weapon upgrades?
Thinking about it though, I should at least keep the handgun so I can use it to call out enemies who are in rooms with locks I can't hack into. So I'll keep the handgun and sell off any other weapons.
Where can I buy Praxis for cheap btw? Whenever I hit 5000 Credits I always buy one.

I've read that the Tranq. Gun is glitched and may kill some enemies so I'm avoiding using it.

Deques

This and Just Cause 2 are among my PS3 backlogs for more than 1 year.
Right now I'm really enjoying Deus Ex, prob. more so than Dishonored. I'm in the final area of chapter 1 before facing the boss it seems, I'm at the underground FEMA facility.
When I got out the elevator, I kept taking the right path but always got spotted. I reload, take the LEFT path and I stealthy make it to the next area with ease.

Just wish the game wasn't FPS view, I like Jensen's design and would've much rathered to play while seeing him instead of seeing things from his PoV.

Oh and I'm selling off any weapons and ammo that would kill enemies, and my main weapon is still the Stun Gun. Should I also sell off weapon upgrades?
Thinking about it though, I should at least keep the handgun so I can use it to call out enemies who are in rooms with locks I can't hack into. So I'll keep the handgun and sell off any other weapons.
Where can I buy Praxis for cheap btw? Whenever I hit 5000 Credits I always buy one.

I've read that the Tranq. Gun is glitched and may kill some enemies so I'm avoiding using it.

Are you trying to get the Pacifist achievement? Just sell the weapon upgrades if you aren't gonna kill anyway. Keep the hand gun and upgrade it with a silencer. Great to lure enemies to another spots

You buy the praxis kit in the LIMB clinics. But they only have 2 kits for each city visits. For example the Detroit clinic has two kits. The next time you go to Detroit it will have another two for sale

While I am at it: Bragging, and more bragging

All you have to do is check the body and see if it has Z's or a skull. On PC at least, they don't usually die from being shot, it seems to just be specific guys standing around in spots who die as soon as they touch something. It's not like you'll shoot a guy and there's a random chance he'll die.

Tizoc

Aha so specific enemies are 'glitched'/bugged in that when struck with a tranq. dart they die instead of being knocked out.

Anyways I beat the first boss, basically I kept dieing for like 10 times, how I managed to beat him in the end was I covered at the first obstacle and chucked 4-5 grenades at him, by the time the 5th hit and he was defeated I kinda laughed my ass off: IT WAS THAT EASY?!

I am so stockpiling on Grenades now just to be on the safe side XD.

I'm in Shanghai now and just finished Mei's sidequests, haven't done the main quest yet, but how do I trigger any other side quests?

Oh and I'm running low on Stun Gun Darts, where can I restock while in Shanghai?

Sajjaja

Aha so specific enemies are 'glitched'/bugged in that when struck with a tranq. dart they die instead of being knocked out.

Anyways I beat the first boss, basically I kept dieing for like 10 times, how I managed to beat him in the end was I covered at the first obstacle and chucked 4-5 grenades at him, by the time the 5th hit and he was defeated I kinda laughed my ass off: IT WAS THAT EASY?!

I am so stockpiling on Grenades now just to be on the safe side XD.

I'm in Shanghai now and just finished Mei's sidequests, haven't done the main quest yet, but how do I trigger any other side quests?

Oh and I'm running low on Stun Gun Darts, where can I restock while in Shanghai?

I'm pretty sure there are some areas of the body where a Tranq will still kill (like a headshot). My memory could be faded but I remember something like that.

Tacitus_

I'm pretty sure there are some areas of the body where a Tranq will still kill (like a headshot). My memory could be faded but I remember something like that.

I think Tranq to the head is just an instant knock-out. But they can die after getting knocked unconscious, like I had one guy who kept falling into the water in the sewers.

Tizoc

I feel kinda silly right now...during the Shanghai arc, I aimed to upgrade my Typhoon augment in preparation for the 2nd boss...and I didn't even use it! Main reason being is that the only aug. I've used primarily is the 'see behind walls' aug., making me forget I actually had the blasted thing. That plus boss fights being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than how I'm playing stealthly in this game yeesh.

One thing though: in the Montreal mission, at the Funicular area, the guards found the unconscious guards that I knocked out so I can make it easier for me to reach the elevator, will this affect the Trophy for not being spotted/raising an alarm? I did not get the Smooth Operator bonus XP when I finished that area too >_>;

EDIT: About the 3rd boss, how do I go about using Takedowns to take him out?

Top Bottom