• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution System Requirements Released [Update: PC Screenshots]

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
via PC Gamer:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:

PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
RAM: 2 GB
GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
These look very reasonable. It seems that they're harnessing a good bit of power. The minimum isn't too high either. Only gamers with mid-range laptops will cry.

I love seeing Windows 7 as the only OS recommended. DX11 GOODNESS, here we come.

Deus-Ex-uman-Revolution-Hengsha-Hive.jpg

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-laser-room.jpg

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Chimney.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's built of CD's engine from Tomb Raider: Underworld which ran and looked fantastic. Nixxes does a damn fine port and there wasn't any reason to worry here either.

I didn't know people still looked at "system requirements." I thought everyone figured out they were all bogus back in like 1999.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm somewhere inbetween minimum and recommended. Closer to recommended I hope. Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, GTX285, 4GB ram.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Baller said:
I didn't know people still looked at "system requirements." I thought everyone figured out they were all bogus back in like 1999.
Erm? I think if a game said the minimum was Core 2 Quad it would exclude me fairly nice and thus be useful to know before purchase, for example... They're useful if you know what the bogus parts are (ie, minimum isn't likely to be a very enjoyable experience, though in many cases these days it is).

K.Jack

Baller said:
They could be made more transparent, yes, but reqs are still good to ballpark where you'll stand.

For instance, my Sandy Bridge mobile quad core and 6970M (desktop 6850) should be pretty safe at 1080p.

edit: yeah, what he said

Blizzard

Banned
For once someone recommends my graphics card. I look forward to decent ATI performance (hopefully). I will be trying to run it with a core 2 duo though, so we'll see how that goes. >.>

I get the impression these days that definition minimum settings is equivalent to the definition recommended settings of yesteryears. Minimum these days actually gets you playable performance and surprisingly high image quality.

mik83kuu

Banned
Baller said:

Came here to post this.

Alextended said:
Erm? I think if a game said the minimum was Core 2 Quad it would exclude me fairly nice and thus be useful to know before purchase, for example... They're useful if you know what the bogus parts are (ie, minimum isn't likely to be a very enjoyable experience, though in many cases these days it is).

And I still think this is true.

I contradict myself.

mik83kuu

Banned
Gully State said:
I get the impression these days that definition minimum settings is equivalent to the definition recommended settings of yesteryears. Minimum these days actually gets you playable performance and surprisingly high image quality.

Suprisingly high compared to ten years ago or suprisingly high compared to the max settings?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I look forward to playing this at max in 1920x1080. :)

Phenom II X4 840, 8GB RAM, Radeon 6950 2GB. I'm sittin' pretty.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not bad at all. I'll be upgrading at the end of June, so I should be able to crank the game up to 11.

Minsc

Gold Member
Coming from so much The Witcher 2 stuff lately, these recommended system specs actually seem a bit high on the GPU side, TW2 only lists a 4850. But nice to see quad core catching on more and more.

I like these threads just for sorta a baseline idea of what kind of power you need to run a game, they're generally fun to see for all the big name releases.

The Duke Nukem Forever recommended specs are almost the same as the DX: HR min specs, heh. Well, not the same, but definitely closer to the min specs.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
K.Jack said:
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
Hate it when they do this. They could at least get a little bit more specific

K.Jack said:
I love seeing Windows 7 as the only OS recommended. DX11 GOODNESS, here we come.
Considering Eidos isn't even handling the PC port in-house, I wouldn't count on that, unless Kane and Lynch 2 was some hugely different experience on PC.

Crystalkoen

Baller said:

That is untrue. Take for example my experiences with the late Final Fantasy XIV.
Minimum requirements were an nVidia Geforce 8 or 9 series or better. I'm using a 7800 GS (yes, very old system). Suffice to say, I was 100% incapable of even starting the game, it would instantly crash every time. All I could find out online at the time was some weird thing about the older card simply not being able to handle the instruction set the game used for video, and the first attempt to output video causing a game crash.

So yeah, minimum specs. Still relevent in 2011.

abunai

I AM JOHN! said:
Considering Eidos isn't even handling the PC port in-house, I wouldn't count on that, unless Kane and Lynch 2 was some hugely different experience on PC.

The PC version is already confirmed to have DX11 support

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I AM JOHN! said:
PC version was actually very nice. No doubt in my mind DE3 port will be even better done than if Eidos did it themselves

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Minsc said:
Coming from so much The Witcher 2 stuff lately, these recommended system specs actually seem a bit high on the GPU side, TW2 only lists a 4850. But nice to see quad core catching on more and more.

I like these threads just for sorta a baseline idea of what kind of power you need to run a game, they're generally fun to see for all the big name releases.

Witcher 2 recommends 4GB RAM though, which I found a little surprising.

JaseC

I AM JOHN! said:

Nixxes handles the PC ports and general engine development of Eidos games these days, and they've built up quite a nice reputation in the process. Additionally, DX11 features have been confirmed.

Edit: Beaten.

Minsc

Gold Member
thetrin said:
Witcher 2 recommends 4GB RAM though, which I found a little surprising.

Perhaps that's partly due to the nearly no loading screens and 2048x2048 textures in TW2? Yeah, missed that though. I do think 2GB is surprisingly low these days, 2GB vs 4GB makes a bit of difference. 3GB vs 6GB is a little more questionable, and 4GB vs 8GB is even more still, but 2's just very low. I generally have ~4GB of memory eaten up by all the non-game W7 programs I leave open.

SPEA

JaseC said:
Nixxes handles the PC ports and general engine development of Eidos games these days, and they've built up quite a nice reputation in the process. Additionally, DX11 features have been confirmed.

Edit: Beaten.
Indeed. Nixxes has a pretty damn good track record. I wouldn't be concerned.

thetrin

I'm really curious how long Quad Cores are going to remain recommended for max settings. It would be nice if I didn't have to get a new motherboard next year, since I JUST built a new PC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nothing amazing about those PC screenshots at all.

Aesthet1c

I'm still sitting on my 8800 GT and a Core 2 Duo..

Depending on performance... this one may be a console purchase for me :(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Chimney.jpg

This picture belongs to that GIANT GAPING HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN featured at the end of the extended trailer.

Upon realization, I got a gigantic cyberpunk boner.

My god, this game will be my bane.

K.Jack

CptSupermarket said:
So where does an i5 460m, HD5870m & 6 gig ram sit in there?
The mobile Core i5-460M is faster than a 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo, so you're good there.

The 5870M is the speed of a desktop 5750, so you're also well clear of the GPU reqs. I'dd overclock the 5870M to stock 5770 clocks, at least.

JaseC

Funky Papa said:
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/05/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Chimney.jpg

This picture belongs to that GIANT GAPING HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN featured at the end of the extended trailer.

Upon realization, I got a gigantic cyberpunk boner.

My god, this game will be my bane.

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

I've watched the extended trailer at least half a dozen times now. This game wasn't even on my radar 2 days ago. See, the thing is... I've never played Deus Ex.

Almighty

Pretty much what I expected. Though the GPU seems a little high compared to the rest. My computer will be able to handle it so all that's left is to wait.

abunai

JaseC said:
"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

I've watched the extended trailer at least half a dozen times now. This game wasn't even on my radar 2 days ago. See, the thing is... I've never played Deus Ex.

...why not?

JaseC

abunai said:
...why not?

Never did get around to it back in the day, and when I eventually do remember to play through the game it just falls to the back of my mind again.

I plan to pick up the pack when it's on sale on Steam.

Where does a gtx 470 sit on the recommended specs? I don't follow the AMD stuff so I don't know what a 5850 is in comparison.

Enkidu

Minsc said:

It might be because this game actually has DX11 features. Can't really go much lower than 5850 and still have decent power and be DX11 enabled.

Top Bottom