• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

jmizzal

Yep this.
Apart from that it also does not make sense that you'd progress a storyline if you never start it, that's how it was in DE1 too. You could say that the game can avoid this by preventing you from killing quest givers or limiting an interaction so that you always end up having a conversation with a quest giver rather than going through them, but that's not what Deus Ex is about. Outside of the really key characters everyone is killable, which is actually less than what you could in DE1 where you could even kill the key guys.

I dont go around killing everybody, only on missions or thugs trying to stop me from doing something, but could I just kill a shop keeper, like the drug dealer next door? If I kill him I can no long buy from him.

Ducarmel

Not sure if this is a bug but when i got to london all of a sudden i was transported to the boss fight?

Miller was talking to this guy brown about the terrorist threat in a cutscene, then i got control of Jensen made my way to the elevator to see head of security, then boom i'm fighting main bad guy!

Did I miss a whole section to the game?

TheMan

Side quests are fantastic. Witcher 3 level fantastic. I have been doing most of the side quests and I am in the last act of the game with 16 hours clocked.

Is it true that the game feels small in scope, like the opening act of a three part story?

sueil

The tranq gun you get in the season pass is basically cheating. It's semi auto instead of bolt action, it has a larger magazine, because it's semi auto you don't need to zoom out between shots to work the bolt, and its also smaller in inventory size while doing the same "damage".

Is the multi tool single use?

I think multitool is too powerful, I inadvertently skipped the bulk of an early side mission because I multi-tooled my way in through the exit (what was designed to be the end of the mission), and missed some interesting level design which I then back tracked on, just to see.

I was kind of bummed and will now avoid using multitools, I guess some of the high-level hacking requirements early in the game are there for a good reason.

CHC

I played more than 8 hours and not even finished the first mission.

Am i normal ?

I have like 25 hours in and only just got back from the first departure from Prague (to
Golem City
). I am in no rush, this game is fun to play slowly and deliberately.

Wubbys

Man what a game, really enjoyed that. New to the franchise but I havent powered through a game like that in months. Really interested in seeing what could have happened.

ike_

Man this game is good. I've never been really big on sci-fi games until Mass Effect 1-3, and even though I had a lot of respect for the original Deus Ex I never really fell in love with it.

But these last 2 Jensen Ackles Deus Ex games have been some of the first to reinforce how good sci-fi can be.

Diancecht

Is it true that the game feels small in scope, like the opening act of a three part story?

So far it feels really fleshed out. I haven't finished the game yet and as much as heard the criticism for the game's story comes from that it ends abruptly. We will see about that.

Clegg

Cult of Personality is an excellent side quest. Society is changing, order is crumbling and people getting marginalised. Things are gonna get weird. More of this is future Deus Ex games please.

d00d3n

How do you effectively take out flying bots in the game? Remote hacking/electric discharge only stuns robots, so you still have to kill them with normal guns. Is emp ammo the best choice?

Glass

Man this game is good. I've never been really big on sci-fi games until Mass Effect 1-3, and even though I had a lot of respect for the original Deus Ex I never really fell in love with it.

But these last 2 Jensen Ackles Deus Ex games have been some of the first to reinforce how good sci-fi can be.

Now that I'd pay to see.

Nice literary sci fi reference, minor spoiler for a computer password very early on:
The apartment next to Adam Jensen's in Prague is occupied by Josef Severn, and the computer password is thevoidwhichbinds, a reference to a character in Dan Simmons Hyperion Cantos.

Wubbys

How do you effectively take out flying bots in the game? Remote hacking/electric discharge only stuns robots, so you still have to kill them with normal guns. Is emp ammo the best choice?
As far as I could tell emp just disables them armor piercing rounds seemed to be the best way to actually destroy them.

ike_

Now that I'd pay to see.

Yeah, my ex-gf was infatuated with Jensen Ackles. And I always forget Jensen's first name for some reason so I have been affectionately calling him Jensen Ackles.

Also I would totally watch that spin-off.

Vuze

This game looks sooooo good at night. Totally love the combination of depth of field, film grain, the slight blur of TAA and the lightning in this (realtime cutscene) shot for example.
337000_20160825205805unbog.png

Also, I found drones attacking civilists in the sewers. Found a named NPC dead (https://abload.de/img/337000_201608252158172eyid.png), did I fuck sth up?

The side quests in general are very intriguing. Hyped to continue the "detective" quest line tomorrow :D

rtcn63

I've been doing all the sidequests before the first Prague mission, but it's like... should I even. I like getting credits and experience, but all the weapons I've found were lethal-only. And I'm not fond of dialogue that you can't skip, especially if you can fail it at the end.

Whoa, accidentally triggered some weird miniquest breaking into
Anton
's apartment.

That was a hell of a shock.

In between that and the
sewer
cult sidequest, it feels like EM took some notes on Bethesda's pre-Skyrim sidequest design.

Edit: This apartment has no logical entrance. No door, just a balcony that has no legal foot access. How the hell did someone live here?

d00d3n

As far as I could tell emp just disables them armor piercing rounds seemed to be the best way to actually destroy them.

Thanks, AP ammo it is then.

Also, I found drones attacking civilists in the sewers. Found a named NPC dead (https://abload.de/img/337000_201608252158172eyid.png), did I fuck sth up?

I am trying to power game that encounter right now. The named character is definitely alive in the beginning of the encounter. I haven't been able to speak to her, though, because there is a third bot in the other room that keeps up combat mode.

d00d3n

So what did you do for 13 hrs?

I am 23 hours in and very recently beat the second mission. Maybe three hours of that is idling, and a good two hours for benchmarking.

It takes a lot of time to take out every enemy with non-lethal methods, place them in nice stacks, sell their guns individually, scan every inch of the world for items, explore every hidden area and so on. Until I beat the second mission, I spent a lot of time loading failed hacking attempts as well, but that is less of an issue now with maxed hacking skill.

Is it just me or does Adam's face seem really white at points? whilst talking to a woman in Prague it looked almost like he was wearing the same white make up she had

So I headed into that Side Mission 6 spoiler:
bank on behalf of K, what exactly am i looking for in here? I've unlocked almost every room and vault now, just some of the vaults are like level 5.
At what point do these earlier side quests get locked out? Ever? Never? Can I come back after levelling up my hacking skills a bit?

Top Bottom