• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 3 SE PS2 *PAL* released today !!

Lince

Banned
just picked it up on my way to work this morning, the price (in Spain at least) is only 19.95$... note that the game is not Greatest Hits/Platinum so it has regular boxart and packaging. Limited print also, run for it! ;)

044704.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Lince said:
just picked it up on my way to work this morning, the price (in Spain at least) is only 19.95$... note that the game is not Greatest Hits/Platinum so it has regular boxart and packaging. Limited print also, run for it! ;)

044704.jpg

60 Hz mode I assume?

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
20 bucks huh?
*looks at 10 days old PS2*
*looks at tiny PS2 games collection*
*looks at bank account*

Yay!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I picked this up saturday and played the first few missions. I died a couple of times in the third mission and later read that the SE 'normal' mode is in fact easy mode on the original version, which was rather confronting. Looks like I'm gonna pump a lot of hours into this to get my DMC skills back, it's been so long since I played the original.

Which style is better to gain experience for first? I started with gunslinger but trickster seems to come in handy too..

Dahbomb

Swordmaster is the best at gaining style points/experience early on since it's a lot easier to do combos with. Also when you level up Swordmaster, it gives you the most moves total out of any styles. Stick with that one on your first walkthrough.

Glad that PAL finally got this game. One of the best action games ever made. :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Dahbomb said:
Swordmaster is the best at gaining style points/experience early on since it's a lot easier to do combos with. Also when you level up Swordmaster, it gives you the most moves total out of any styles. Stick with that one on your first walkthrough.

Thanks for the advice, swordmaster it is then.

Glad that PAL finally got this game. One of the best action games ever made. :)

Well we got the regular edition round the same time as you guys. This SE took a long while to get here (eight months approximately).

Lince said:
what? Game Spain has it listed for 19.95 Euros (14 GBP) , check it here:

Probably just a placeholder price, if it's £15 I'll pick it up straight away, I was tempted at the PC version for that price.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Lince said:
Yes, you can still select 50hz mode but the gameplay at that refresh rate is... well, quite different. Almost any TV set now should accept a 60 hz signal through RGB Scart without problems.

One of my olde TVs doesn't do 60hz in color and I don't want to throw down cash on an RGB cable. I'm not a hardcore DMC player by any means (it'll be my first DMC) so I probably won't even notice.

That said; would it hurt my experience much if I start off with DMC3? I haven't found DMC1 or 2 in shops here and the guy I could borrow it from keeps forgetting to bring it along.

Feindflug

Nino said:
One of my olde TVs doesn't do 60hz in color and I don't want to throw down cash on an RGB cable. I'm not a hardcore DMC player by any means (it'll be my first DMC) so I probably won't even notice.

Hey man get an RGB cable they're cheap and the image quality compared to crappy composites is much much better. :)

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Feindflug said:
Hey man get an RGB cable they're cheap and the image quality compared to crappy composites is much much better. :)
Chances of me finding one in a store here; not very big.
Chances of me ordering one of the net; none.
That said; if I find one for less than 10 euros I'll pick them up.

Has anyone from the Netherlands seen DMC3SE in stores yet?

Dizzy

Banned
Games are usually released on Fridays, and I never noticed DMC: SE last week.

Game has it listed as the 29th of September, so maybe it's only out in certain European countries so far.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I preordered it from Play.com for £12 but it's not been delivered yet. I don't really mind waiting a bit when it's that cheap though.

bud

€30 over here :(

I'm still going to buy it sometime this week though, but I first have to dmc allready!!

Dahbomb

Nino said:

That said; would it hurt my experience much if I start off with DMC3? I haven't found DMC1 or 2 in shops here and the guy I could borrow it from keeps forgetting to bring it along.
DMC2 is not required play, in fact it's recommended that you skip on it. Story wise DMC3 takes place BEFORE DMC1 however in terms of game play DMC3 is more advance (sort of like MGS3 to MGS1) so playing DMC1 will feel sort of like playing in slow-mo.

Also DMC1 at 50 mhz PAL has some really slow problems. It's like playing the game on moon physics or something. I recommend playing the DMC games on your better TV, these games are known for their fluidity in 60FPS.

Galdor

Wow, totally forget about this one. Will get it tomorrow.
Has anyone from the Netherlands seen DMC3SE in stores yet?
No, but you can order it at dimplus.nl. They have it already.

Lince

Banned
Kaworu said:
Thx for the nfo. The PAL ESP version back cover it's on spanish only?

Spanish and Italian

dmc3se1.jpg

dmc3se2.jpg

dmc3se3.jpg

speaking of Capcom, Onimusha Dawn of Dreams will hit Greatest Hits/Platinum range (19$) tomorrow, I've already spotted the regular non-gh package for that price, great deal!.

Solid

I got the game today and I really like it. At first it was kinda hard (the boss' at least) but now I'm alright. I really like Dante, what a cool guy.
I really lol'd when he was taunting that ice guardian of a dog. Come here, Fido. hahaha

For €20 it's a steal. THANKS CAPCOM!

Lumine

Yes, I gots it bitches!

I never bought DMC3, so this should be a good purchase. It was €19.99 (Netherlands.)

Games generally get their official releases only on friday's in Europe. Though shops often get them a few days early and don't bother to hold it until official release. So check some stores or ask for it when you're there. I'm sure it can't be too hard to find. Kingdom Hearts 2 doesn't come out officially until tomorrow either but I already saw it everywhere.

Anyway, it's DMC3:SE time. :)

Gattsu25

Banned
Solid said:
I got the game today and I really like it. At first it was kinda hard (the boss' at least) but now I'm alright. I really like Dante, what a cool guy.
I really lol'd when he was taunting that ice guardian of a dog. Come here, Fido. hahaha

For €20 it's a steal. THANKS CAPCOM!
For me, that was the point where I stopped being annoyed by the movies in the game and started loving them. I also love the music buildup in that movie.

Dahbomb

Oh man, that box art and DVD cover looks really good compared to the rehash DMC3 NA cover... :(

Gattsu25 said:
For me, that was the point where I stopped being annoyed by the movies in the game and started loving them. I also love the music buildup in that movie.
Seriously... DMC3 is about having fun with action gaming, not about generic rage and blood in your face. Though don't lose your guard, the story picks up very well in the latter half... :D

Solid

i'm on mission 12 right now. this game gets better and better. at first i didnt think much of the graphics but i was currently down a world of lava and stuff (i fought that cat with wings) or was he a dog? cant remember :lol anyway that was damn impressive. probably the best boss fight so far imo.

how long is the game btw? and when you play with virgil do you play the exact game that you did with dante or is it shorter or different?

NotMSRP

So how are the back covers normally divided up between countries?
Spain/Italy?
UK?
UK/France?
Germany/France?
UK/Spain/Italy/France/Germany?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
NotMSRP said:
So how are the back covers normally divided up between countries?
Spain/Italy?
UK?
UK/France?
Germany/France?
UK/Spain/Italy/France/Germany?

mine is the nordic(scandinavian) copy, which has norwegian, swedish, danish and finish on the back.

RyuHayate

Solid said:
how long is the game btw? and when you play with virgil do you play the exact game that you did with dante or is it shorter or different?

I think you've got a little bit more to go before completion.

Vergil's quest is just as long and is not all that different (other than the utilization of his Dark Slayer style and his arsenal limited to Beowulf, Force Edge, and the Yamato, of course) except that you fight Vante (Vergil donning the same outfit, but it's colored red). A majority of the cut-scenes aren't viewed, either.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Ugh, something went wrong with my Play.com order and now I have to wait til the end of this week. Good thing my copy of DMC1 is coming today or tomorrow. I'll kill some time by making some more lame-ass avatars in the meantime.

angelsson

I preordered it at Amazon (germany) and got it Friday morning.
What an incredibly awesome game!!

Just killed Agni & Rudra who gave me quite a hard time but the cutscene at the end was worth it. Hilarious.

RyuHayate

angelsson said:
I preordered it at Amazon (germany) and got it Friday morning.
What an incredibly awesome game!!

Just killed Agni & Rudra who gave me quite a hard time but the cutscene at the end was worth it. Hilarious.

Did you use Cerberus to defeat them?

Top Bottom