• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 3 SE PS2 *PAL* released today !!

NotMSRP said:
So how are the back covers normally divided up between countries?
Spain/Italy?
UK?
UK/France?
Germany/France?
UK/Spain/Italy/France/Germany?

Not really, it depends on the company we're talking about. In Spain most back covers are either just in Spanish or in Spanish/Portuguese or Spanish/Italian.

angelsson

RyuHayate said:
Did you use Cerberus to defeat them?
Yup. It seemed to me that the red fiery guy took more damage when hit by the Cerberus.
Trickster Style lvl2 is very helpful here.

I actually did a lot of backtracking to earn enough orbs and style points before I managed to kill them.

...I hate spoiler-only posts.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Defuser said:
Blah i heard they took out the turbo mode for this PAL version.

I haven't opened my copy yet, but that sounds proposterous! ban that shit! capcom, damn you to hell if this is true.

edit: oh my fucking god! This is just so fucking disgusting. **** you, whoever converted this to PAL. Why the fuck are they taking features out of the game and spending half a year doing it!?!

Can someone find out who handled the PAL converting, because they need a hit on their head...

angelsson

Brobzoid said:
I haven't opened my copy yet, but that sounds proposterous! ban that shit! capcom, damn you to hell if this is true.

edit: oh my fucking god! This is just so fucking disgusting. **** you, whoever converted this to PAL. Why the fuck are they taking features out of the game and spending half a year doing it!?!

Can someone find out who handled the PAL converting, because they need a hit on their head...

Hmm..you can´t choose it from the get-go but maybe it is an unlockable!?
On the other hand I don´t really care about that mode.

It´s more important to me that PALers can play as Vergil without DMC3 data on the mc or beating the game.

Brobzoid

angelsson said:
Hmm..you can´t choose it from the get-go but maybe it is an unlockable!?
On the other hand I don´t really care about that mode.

It´s more important to me that PALers can play as Vergil without DMC3 data on the mc or beating the game.

that's not even half the point. Why, whyyyyy do you take features out of games when you convert them to a different region? It's not like we don't know the other versions of it has it. What a ****ing annoying thing to do. I'm buying all my capcom games from capcom usa/japan untill capcom eu get their fists out of their asses.

Brobzoid

It's not like capcom hasn't done this before. I vivedly remember hyper SF2 anniversary PS2 had SF3 taken out for PAL!! I hate Capcom Eu. Fuck those gaping assholes. I'll have sex with their mothers.

Solid

yeah the turbo thing seem to be true. someone posted this over at capcom europes forum.

us version

5cf8.jpg

pal version

6he4.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Diablos said:
That's still crazy. They have to make the gap between North American and European releases a lot smaller, IMO.

I know. I feel sooo sorry for PAL.

Dahbomb

WHEN WILL THE PAL RAPEAGE EVER CEASE? :lol

Sorry guys I feel sorry for you and stuff... Turbo mode is god-like. Once you go Turbo, you never go back. :D

angelsson

Dahbomb said:
Sorry guys I feel sorry for you and stuff... Turbo mode is god-like. Once you go Turbo, you never go back. :D
Well, it seems like we´re not going turbo.

Capcom better explains this or I´ll go turbo on them.

Dahbomb

You guys should seriously just move, obviously the whole world doesn't even want you to have gaming as a hobby... :lol

Orodreth

I got the game this morning but i´m still discovering the original DMC ( and getting very average scores ) so it will take some time untill i start this one.

I could almost be thankfull for not knowing about the turbo thingy and what that missing feature means, at least for now ignorance can save me from the pain some of you are suffering.

I could have sworn PAL gamers got the SE earlier than this WTF.
I really feel for you guys.

I really like the blue casing though. Every now and then I get my one and only PAL import(Taito Legends 2) out and just stare lovingly at the blueness of it all.

Brobzoid

Morbid Angel said:
Okay, so I wait all this time for this?

Fock you Capcom, I hope EA buys you. Burn mother@!$!#%^!@%

ironically enough, EA distributes alot of capcom games, and in some regions(of europe) they do all the distribution.

Dragona Akehi said:
And this thread proves why all PAL gamers who love their hobby simply import.

my country has shit-expensive custom-walls, so I'll end up paying $80 for each game, plus they rip the games open and generally don't give a shit how they treat them. and they use weeks to do this.

Lince

Banned
DMC3 SE "Turbo" mode at 50 hz (that is, dropping one animation frame every 6) would've been extremely jerky affecting gameplay in the way you link moves/combos and lacking control response... I guess they could have coded two different game executables (the 60 hz one with the Turbo feature enabled in the options menu) but oh well you can't have everything it seems...

> Capcom Japan: so... what TV sets are the norm in your continent?
> Capcom Europe monkey: well sir, I mean sir-san, they're like these...
> sending EuropeanTV.jpg complete

front.jpg

> Capcom Japan: I see, well we have no time to put the game in gray scale but at least we'll remove the Turbo-Option so it doesn't fry your precious Televisions.
> Capcom Europe monke: Awesome sir-san

:(

Brobzoid

OH YES CAPCOM, **** ME IN THE FACE! THANK YOU MASTER-SAN, GAJIN LIKES HIS TEETH BLOODY!!

Dahbomb

I thought PAL TVs had fixed the whole 60/50 HZ issue now... Aren't there options to play games in NTSC modes?

Solid

Dahbomb said:
I thought PAL TVs had fixed the whole 60/50 HZ issue now... Aren't there options to play games in NTSC modes?
almost every TV can play NTSC but the schmucks dont buy RGB cables... you get twice as good picture and can play all games in 60hz but people still refuse to buy one of these £5 cables. it's their fault we get trashed like this.

Solid

oh yes angelsson. game awesome :D

i absolutely love it. dmc2 was a huge letdown but capcom redeemed themself with this one, no doubt. i'm on mission 16 i think. i'll probably play one more chapter tonight.

btw the movies are over the top to say the least but it's alright since they're so cool and thought through. dante is my hero. what a badass.

edit: i've used all styles, they are at lvl 2 i think. i like swordsmen(?) the best. i'm a brute.

angelsson

Solid said:
oh yes angelsson. game awesome :D

i absolutely love it. dmc2 was a huge letdown but capcom redeemed themself with this one, no doubt. i'm on mission 16 i think. i'll probably play one more chapter tonight.

btw the movies are over the top to say the least but it's alright since they're so cool and thought through. dante is my hero. what a badass.

yeah, the cutscenes are so way over the top that they´re hilarious.
Even the first scene was awesome.

I really like the Gunslinger style because it just looks cool but I use Trickster at the moment because I think it is more useful.

Just to let you know -- I personally didn't think too much of turbo mode. Sure, it's cool to mess around with considering the game runs 20% faster, but the game was designed to play best at it's normal speed, ultimately.

And for those wondering, the special edition's normal is the original dmc's easy.

However, fret not -- the difference isn't actually quite that significant (outside the free continues that is)

In SE normal mode, Dante at new game health dies in 9 hits from those scythe guys. In Original DA normal mode, Dante at new game health dies in 7 hits from them.

Sure, that extra two hits could mean the difference from success to having to repeat an entire mission over again from scratch, but the fundamental differences nonetheless aren't that significant.

Dahbomb

C-Warrior the PAL Normal is the same as DMC3SE Normal, their "Very Hard" is new to them.

Turbo mode is an acquired taste, a lot of hardcore fans who make combo videos and game play vids don't make anything on non-Turbo mode anymore. It's just the new standard now. I think the only person who didn't make Turbo combo videos was Ethereal but that quickly changed once he got some backlash for it... :lol

Dahbomb said:
C-Warrior the PAL Normal is the same as DMC3SE Normal, their "Very Hard" is new to them.

Turbo mode is an acquired taste, a lot of hardcore fans who make combo videos and game play vids don't make anything on non-Turbo mode anymore. It's just the new standard now. I think the only person who didn't make Turbo combo videos was Ethereal but that quickly changed once he got some backlash for it... :lol

Are you saying the original DMC3's PAL normal is the equivalent to PAL's special edition normal?

I don't think so. You got a confirmation link there buddy?

Dahbomb

C- Warrior said:
Are you saying the original DMC3's PAL normal is the equivalent to PAL's special edition normal?

I don't think so. You got a confirmation link there buddy?
Unless PAL DMC3SE is different from NA DMC3SE (minus Turbo mode) then yeah you can confirm it by checking difficulty stats. I know for a fact (confirmed through visual evidence) that DMC3SE NA Normal = DMC3SE JPN Normal = DMC3DA PAL Normal = DMC3DA US Easy. Unless they pussified the PAL version of DMC3SE EVEN MORE, I see no reason why it didn't stay the same.

Solid

Kiriku said:
Oh OK, doesn't seem very important anyway, I'm sure the game is fast/hard enough as it is. :p
Yeah. I dont care really. It would have been nice if it was included but I'm just glad Capcom even released the SE over here. And for €20 without being Platinum its a damn robbery.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Lince said:
DMC3 SE "Turbo" mode at 50 hz (that is, dropping one animation frame every 6) would've been extremely jerky affecting gameplay in the way you link moves/combos and lacking control response... I guess they could have coded two different game executables (the 60 hz one with the Turbo feature enabled in the options menu) but oh well you can't have everything it seems...

> Capcom Japan: so... what TV sets are the norm in your continent?
> Capcom Europe monkey: well sir, I mean sir-san, they're like these...
> sending EuropeanTV.jpg complete

front.jpg

> Capcom Japan: I see, well we have no time to put the game in gray scale but at least we'll remove the Turbo-Option so it doesn't fry your precious Televisions.
> Capcom Europe monke: Awesome sir-san

:(
:lol Made my morning! Seriously, I haven't even tried turbo mode (I take it it's not in the original DMC3 PAL release?) and you guys are making me hate Capcom.

Brobzoid is right - the fact they released SF2 anniversary with SF3 for Xbox and not PS2 was a mofo'in disgrace. *Begins quivering with anger*

Top Bottom