• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 FINAL Trailer 2007 Thread + Lots of Media and Information

Mefisutoferesu said:
I'm gonna take a wild stab that at the end of the game Nero's powers will be sealed... sorta.
Here's hoping that Vergil will be freed and Nero will still be around so that Vergil, Dante, Nero, Trish, and Lady can all be Cool Buddies and just chill out and generally have a great time together.

Clevinger

badcrumble said:
Dante has this weird theme going on where he seems to make his family out of people he becomes acquainted with and not have much nostalgia for his actual family, so maybe Nero will become a part of that as Lady and Trish seem to have done.

I think you hear him saying in the trailer, "Good luck, kid.", I don't think mockingly, so they prolly become buddies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oh CRAP!!!! The final Trailer downloaded from the PS3 Jpn store looks soo much better, hmm 1080p too. edit: The trailer is probably being upscaled to 1080p.

I've already put 2 pre-order for the regular and special edition and will import the Japanese version. IF Europe only gets the tin case, i will import the EU version too.

neojubei said:
Oh CRAP!!!! The final Trailer downloaded from the PS3 Jpn store looks soo much better, hmm 1080p too.

I've already put 2 pre-order for the regular and special edition and will import the Japanese version. IF Europe only gets the tin case, i will import the EU version too.
Uhhh... ... do you really need that many copies?

Info about the ice toad boss:

"The boss that Nero squares off against in the open courtyard is a large toad creature named Bael. As opposed to Berial, Bael uses mainly ice-based attacks, and also has two rather unique "lures" which are used to confuse players."

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Luckyman said:
The game should be in manufacturing by now. Demo soon?

Next month.

I hope Blim gets HD versions of those videos from the DMC4PS3 pack. Whoa are those videos on a blu-ray?

I wonder if there is another way of getting that blu-ray pack in disc other than importing the DMC4 PS3 pack.

I always thought Nero's hand is somehow connected to Vergil because at the end of the first trailer Nero said "on the day my arm changed and a voice echoed" and then we hear what sounds like Virgil say "Power, I need more power"

Is there any chance that the JP version of DMC4 will have the U.S. version on the disc as well like VF5?

I can't wait for this game and the JP cover art is much nicer.

DantesWrath said:
Info about the ice toad boss:

"The boss that Nero squares off against in the open courtyard is a large toad creature named Bael. As opposed to Berial, Bael uses mainly ice-based attacks, and also has two rather unique "lures" which are used to confuse players."
for curiosity sake...
http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articleview.asp?Post=102
http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articleview.asp?Post=114
http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articleview.asp?Post=113

ElyrionX

I was listening to the most recent 1up Yours when one of the guys talked about DMC4 and about Nero's arm. I can't remember what was said exactly but it involved obtaining new "spells" through the arm. Anyone has any idea what he was talking about?

It's pretty pathetic that out of so many previews so far, we've hardly heard anything about the kind of moves and attacks that Nero will have despite it being an integral part of the gameplay.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I paid no attention to it, and someone probably already brought it up, but, is that statue Dante is fighting at the end, the one of Sparda? I've been replaying DMC3, and, seeing Arkham transform into the faux, nowhere near powerful, version of Sparda, it reminded me of that damned statue. I think its because of the horns, and the face.

Oldschoolgamer said:
I paid no attention to it, and someone probably already brought it up, but, is that statue Dante is fighting at the end, the one of Sparda? I've been replaying DMC3, and, seeing Arkham transform into the faux, nowhere near powerful, version of Sparda, it reminded me of that damned statue. I think its because of the horns, and the face.
That's my guess, a glorified version of sparda, based on how the order imagines him.

ElyrionX said:
I was listening to the most recent 1up Yours when one of the guys talked about DMC4 and about Nero's arm. I can't remember what was said exactly but it involved obtaining new "spells" through the arm. Anyone has any idea what he was talking about?

It's pretty pathetic that out of so many previews so far, we've hardly heard anything about the kind of moves and attacks that Nero will have despite it being an integral part of the gameplay.
Yeah, I recall hearing that, but I'm willing to bet it's just skills... i.e. beating a boss might unlock something like helm-breaker or whatever for Nero's Devil Bringer, then you can upgrade that skill set.

Top Bottom