• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition release date, pricing, gameplay trailer, and costumes

Sesha

I hope you can buy these costumes down the line.

You can buy them pretty close to release.

Hope the Palette Swaps are in reference to capcom characters. Such as Lady with a black costume and red hair for example.

There is a Vergil palette swap for Nero shown in the trailer. Inter-game references remains to be seen. A Regina palette would be awesome. That or Paula.

Anteater

qF1j8VU.jpg

Just finished the original PC version this morning. Why didn't anyone tell me this game was so damn good? I've been missing out all this time! I put it right up there with the original Bayonetta and MGRR.

Bloody palace in DMC4 is better than anything in either of those games. The campaign is sort of a drag in 4, but bloody palace is basically replayable forever.

AAK

And this is all while GOW3 remaster adds no new content yet is priced almost double. Never though Capcom would act this smart. I will support.

BadWolf

And this is all while GOW3 remaster adds no new content yet is priced almost double. Never though Capcom would act this smart. I will support.

Capcom has been surprisingly good with their pricing recently (DMC4SE, Revalations 2, REmake, USF4 for PS4).

Importing the physical Asia copy and pre-ordering the digital NA one. Really pleased with that price, was expecting it to be $30.

$25 is a great price. Actually, that's the same price Ultra Street Fighter 4 is gonna be on PS4.

WHEN THE FUCK DID CAPCOM TURN INTO A DECENT COMPANY?

ezekial45

Banned
Capcom has been having a pretty great year so far. With REmake HD, RER2, MH4, DmC DE, and now DMC4 -- they've been kicking all kinds of ass this year.

Head.spawn

I hope to hell this outsells DmC. Maybe it'll get them off their asses to get us a PROPER sequel faster.

Anyways, the designs look awesome and that price is hard to complain. The only aspect of purchasing decision lies in whether or not the console version can give me a stable 60fps.

Sephzilla

Capcom has been having a pretty great year so far. With REmake HD, RER2, MH4, DmC DE, and now DMC4 -- they've been kicking all kinds of ass this year.

Yeah, this has been a really solid showing from Capcom

I hope to hell this outsells DmC. Maybe it'll get them off their asses to get us a PROPER sequel.

The cheaper price point might give it a shot at outselling DmC. But honestly most of DevilMayCryGAF thinks Devil May Cry 5 is already in the works, so it's kind of irrelevant how well DMC4SE sells compared to DmC Apology Edition

shit date but great price, hopefully in this pstore update they put the game for pre-order

UAE PStore

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rder/cid=EP0102-CUSA01708_00-DMC4SEPREORDER00

Pre-order now to receive additional costumes for Lady and Trish as well as a PS4™ custom theme.

The smash-hit stylish action game DMC4 is back and better than ever, boasting new playable characters and game modes!

-- Vergil is back and better than ever! Trish is easy to handle, but turns up the heat with her combos! And Lady is playable for the first time in the series!

-- Take on hordes of enemies in Legendary Dark Knight Mode!

-- Enjoy stunning 1080p visuals at 60FPS!

-- Other improvements, including auto-save, to enhance your playing experience!

In-game purchases optional
For more information on pre-ordering, including how to cancel your pre-order, see the Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service/User Agreement. Please ensure there are sufficient funds in your wallet or that Automatic Funding is enabled. Auto-download requires Automatic Login and Auto Sign-In to be enabled on your PS4™ system.

1 player
19GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4 Vibration Function
Remote Play Supported
HD Video Output 720p,1080p

Gameboy415

The new content and price are fantastic but I'm really bummed it's not getting a retail release in the US. :(

Anyone know if Japan will be getting a physical release?

SheHateMe

Welp, after all is said and done, I will have triple dipped on this game.

Xbox 360 Collector's Edition back in 2008, Play Asia Physical Release for PS4, and now digital NA release for PS4.

No ragrets. Not even one letter.

Dahbomb, the DMC GAF committee have gotten together, and we agreed you should chill out with "Seal turning around" gif. We care about you, man, but its taking over your life.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, the DMC GAF committee have gotten together, and we agreed you should chill out with "Seal turning around" gif. We care about you, man, but its taking over your life.
But I'm the god damn president of that committee!

Anyway now for some real talk:

*Release date and price point are great!

*LDK and Nero costumes look nice but...

*Lazy ass Sparda DT for Vergil as well instead of Nelo Angelo. At least the Vergil version is a bit different.

*If these are all the costumes we are going to get (minus some color edit palette swaps) then color me disappointed. Where is my coatless Vergil? DMC1 Dante costume? Another area where DmC out does DMC4...

Capcom really convincing us that this is indeed a budget title... at least that Trish palette swap looks damn nice with the glasses.

vg260

Was hoping for maybe $5 less on PC than consoles since much of the game already exists there, but not being $40 is a good call, obviously.

Sill might have to wait though on PC.

Having to compete with Batman is potentially bad news though.

Top Bottom