• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition release date, pricing, gameplay trailer, and costumes

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered on Steam, but in the case that GMG comes through with a nice pre-release discount, I can cancel as long as it is before the release date correct?

Neoxon

I don't think it works like that.

It would be like saying "hey let me transfer this asset of GGXrd into Gears of War... hey it should totally work it's on the same graphics engine!"
That's actually a fair point.

Wait, DmC DE gets a retail release but not this? WTF?
And DmC apparently sold like booty, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, to be fair, isn't USF4 on the PS4 also a digital-only release?

Dahbomb

When all is said and done, DmC will have sold more than DMC2 so it wouldn't be the worst selling DMC game. Still would've sold more than quite a few other action games like *cough* Wonderful 101 *cough*.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You should've just waited then because Steam customer service is a pain.

I know. It's just that if we get, let's say, a 20% discount on release; with how shit the CAD is doing currently $20 USD ~ $24 CAD. And given that it's priced $25 CAD over here makes me think it was almost a mistake. $25 USD ~ $30 CAD right now.

Mizerman

When all is said and done, DmC will have sold more than DMC2 so it wouldn't be the worst selling DMC game. Still would've sold more than quite a few other action games like *cough* Wonderful 101 *cough*.

In all fairness, that's a rather low bar to set.

pnel.gif

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I remember DMC4 original was 60 FPS gameplay, but 30 FPS cutscenes. Do we know if cutscene assets are there during gameplay now?

Sesha

Wait, DmC DE gets a retail release but not this? WTF?

They probably planned a physical release initially but changed their minds after DmC DE's terrible sales and the great performance of REmake HD as digital-only.

That's actually a fair point.

They didn't even port over the Sparda model from UMvC3. Which is vastly superior to the model they created.

And DmC apparently sold like booty, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, to be fair, isn't USF4 on the PS4 also a digital-only release?

Physical copies of ports, remasters and smaller titles is something they're moving away from in general. DmC DE was probably the last straw, along with the success of REmake HD. As for USF4, a physical release probably isn't worth it, since it's mostly catering to the FGC which is slowly gravitating towards current gen.

Do DMC HD's sales count towards DMC2's sales? Also, the fact that DmC needed to be released on 5 platforms to catch up to DMC2's sales number is kind of sad.

And DmC would have sold worse than W101 if it was WiiU exclusive. #FACT

DMC2 only sold that well because it was riding the coattails of DMC1s success. Likewise, DMC3 suffered initially because of 2s legendary shittiness.

Sephzilla

Do DMC HD's sales count towards DMC2's sales? Also, the fact that DmC needed to be released on 5 platforms to catch up to DMC2's sales number is kind of sad.

DMC2 only sold that well because it was riding the coattails of DMC1s success. Likewise, DMC3 suffered initally because of 2s legendary shittiness.

No argument there

I don't think Sigma was released at that point, I was probably just going off on information and in that regard Sigma was better on paper. Well until you played it that is.

fair enough. seeing how much you know about other games, I figured you didn't actually think that and might've just been trolling or something haha

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think it's a little unclear, but there's nothing confirming that DMCHD sales bleed into the individual sales of DMC titles. In fact, DMC1, DMC2, and DMC3 only list "Playstation 2" as the Platform, where as DMC3SE lists both "Playstation 2, DL".

I read the DL to be the Steam version of DMC3SE. And recent Steam sales pushed DMC3 over the 1 million mark.

The HD Collection could very well be its own category since the titles are not available individually, and since it hasn't sold over a million it won't show up on the platinum sellers list.

The Wii, PS2, GC, and HD versions of RE4 are all listed separately since they were released at different times. Same with Resident Evil (GC) and Resident Evil (HD).

Dahbomb

fair enough. seeing how much you know about other games, I figured you didn't actually think that and might've just been trolling or something haha
It might've been trolling, I don't remember the context of the post. Things were crazy back then that's all I remember.

Do DMC HD's sales count towards DMC2's sales?
Even if it did... ain't no one buying the HD collection for fucking DMC2.

Ooooh, so there are alt costumes and pallete swaps in the game. Some reason, I thought people in this thread were just posting PC mods.

That's pretty neat.

Top Bottom