• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition release date, pricing, gameplay trailer, and costumes

Best way to maximize sales of DMC4SE is to announced/tease DMC5 at E3 to ramp up the DMC hype.

I was wondering about that- wouldn't there be some people that once they hear DMC5 is coming, would instead choose to hold back on purchasing DMC4SE in favor of a full sequel?

System Requirements

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo 2.4GHz, AMD Athlon(TM) X2 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8800 GTS, AMD Radeon(TM) HD 3850
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 27 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound Support (DirectX® 9.0c)
Additional Notes: Monitor size: 1920 * 1080 or below

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 3.0GHz, AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 570, AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7790
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 27 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound Support (DirectX® 9.0c)
Additional Notes: Monitor size: 1920 * 1080 or below

ayy lmao

bout to run this bitch in 4K at 60+ FPS

Dahbomb

I was wondering about that- wouldn't there be some people that once they hear DMC5 is coming, would instead choose to hold back on purchasing DMC4SE in favor of a full sequel?
Nah that never happens. New game in series is announced, people who are new want to check out the older games to get in on the hype. Like all the people getting Witcher 1/2 before Witcher 3.

Plus it's $25 man. I just hope Capcom finds a way to bring the DMC HD Collection to PC and new consoles so that it's easy for the newer audience to experience the series rather than having to bust out their old consoles.

BadWolf

E3 is also where it will receive the most exposure and word of mouth.

They should definitely announce DMC5 and RE7 at this year's.

People won't be able to get their hands on DMC5 for a while, announcement hype will most likely make them want a fix and DMC4SE will be right there.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The boxed copy doesn't bring a game disc but instead a code for the game?

Boxed copy is a game disc, but boxed copies are only available in Japan and Asia. You'll have to import. Both the Japanese version and Asian version will have English voices and menus. Some item descriptions might be Japanese only in the Japanese version, but will likely be available in English in the Asian version.

Heads up for people looking to import:

Play-Asia current has the Asian version available for pre-order for $32.99:
http://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-...aOS-13-70-8qt1.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

AmiAmi currently has the Japanese edition with exclusive smartphone stand up for pre-order at 4849 yen before shipping. You'll not be charged until it ships, but you're also technically not allowed to cancel. They accept credit cards and Paypal, and will give you a shipping cost estimate once the game is available for shipping.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0014258

b795e22604f7c91ce676492c844831f8.jpg
For those interested in the E-CAPCOM LE, you can either go through a site like nin-nin at a slight premium:
http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...-edition-e-capcom-limited-edition-ps4-en.html
9,990 yen+shipping (cheapest shipping option is 1990 yen) or around $83 before shipping.

With some of the options above, you'll have the options of SAL or EMS. SAL is cheaper, but will take anywhere from 2-5 weeks. EMS usually takes a week, but is pretty expensive. Expect shipping costs of upwards of $15-20, and in the case of nin-nin around $35.

ShinMaruku

After seeing all this, I'd kill for a Cross over betweetn Oneechanbara and DMC...
Can you imagine the silliness of Dante AND Kagura being utterly goofy while their siblings are like
failfish.png

While Dante and Kagura are going

Sesha

E3 is also where it will receive the most exposure and word of mouth.

They should definitely announce DMC5 and RE7 at this year's.

I don't see RE7 being announced this year. I don't think they have the resources to have DMC5, RE7 and SF5 in full development at the same time, along with all of the minor projects they're probably doing like RE0 and RE5/6 remasters and so on.

Dahbomb

After seeing all this, I'd kill for a Cross over betweetn Oneechanbara and DMC...
Can you imagine the silliness of Dante AND Kagura being utterly goofy while their siblings are like
failfish.png

While Dante and Kagura are going
Dude no one cares about Oneechan-whatever dah fuck. /s

BadWolf

I don't see RE7 being announced this year. I don't think they have the resources to have DMC5, RE7 and SF5 in full development at the same time, along with all of the minor projects they're probably doing like RE0 and RE5/6 remasters and so on.

SF5 is being developed by Dimps.

RE and Itsuno's teams are separate.

There is no way Capcom doesn't have RE7 in the works, it's their no.1 series. Not to mention hints were dropped of them working on it during Revelations 2 media info.

Sesha

Nah that never happens. New game in series is announced, people who are new want to check out the older games to get in on the hype. Like all the people getting Witcher 1/2 before Witcher 3.

Plus it's $25 man. I just hope Capcom finds a way to bring the DMC HD Collection to PC and new consoles so that it's easy for the newer audience to experience the series rather than having to bust out their old consoles.

Oh man. Kobayashi/Itsuno walks out on stage on E3. "DMC5, coming 2016. Go try the demo/prologue chapter out on PSN/XBL/Steam right now. Also we're bringing DMC HD Collection to PC. *drops mic*".

SF5 is being developed by Dimps.

RE and Itsuno's teams are separate.

Oh yeah, forgot about Dimps. Derp.

There is no way Capcom doesn't have RE7 in the works, it's their no.1 series. Not to mention hints were dropped of them working on it during Revelations 2 media info.

RE7 or the next mainline RE is in the works. You can bet your candy ass on that.

RE7 is definitely in development, but I don't believe it's in full-scale development quite yet. I don't see a reveal this year. Next year at E3 seems more likely.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Capcom's been a little inconsistent on annoucement timing, but lately they've been more conservative than not. Early teasers are less and less frequent. They've been announcing several titles that release later that very year. The exception is SFV, but that might also be from a marketing partnership with Sony.

TreIII

They certainly could use that Sony resource. Plus it feels like Sony and Capcom have become pretty buddy-buddy lately.

The big question would be is what would both parties stand to gain. Having a big name brand exclusive like SF or RE is one thing. But DMC is more of a "mid-tier" franchise whose appeal is bit more narrow, and it's not as if Sony doesn't already have the top selling "hack n slash" game (God of War) that's exclusive to its platform, as it is.

"Worse comes to worse", Capcom could just make DMC5 PS4 exclusive in Japan (because I don't see the XBone port of 4SE selling that well), but keeps it multiplatform outside of Japan.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The big question would be is what would both parties stand to gain. Having a big name brand exclusive like SF or RE is one thing. But DMC is more of a "mid-tier" franchise whose appeal is bit more narrow, and it's not as if Sony doesn't already have the top selling "hack n slash" game (God of War) that's exclusive to its platform, as it is.

"Worse comes to worse", Capcom could just make DMC5 PS4 exclusive in Japan (because I don't see the XBone port of 4SE selling that well), but keeps it multiplatform outside of Japan.

DMC is a core action title, so it has a lot of "street cred". It's the same reason why Microsoft snatched up Hideki Kamiya for Scalebound and Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2. They might not be huge system sellers, but they add value.

Dahbomb

People asked the same question for Bayonetta 2. What did Nintendo have to gain from getting Bayo 2? Not much that is... just another bullet points for the Wii U fans to put in their fan lists.

DMC5 would be a much bigger pick for Sony than Bayo 2 for Nintendo. Maybe to counter Scalebound with their own "action game from Japan"... eh whatever.

It's Capcom that needs Sony more though.

ShinMaruku

Anybody know if Adam Boyes did any work with the DMC team before leaving Capcom? If he has roots there and Capcom asked for derisking Sony will have it locked up. Keep in mind former Konami and Capcom folks are at Sony now. They been bulking up with some talent past few years.

I-hate-u

Could be if Sony money hats it like SFV.

I was thinking more of it being during Adam Boyes's segment of third party relation. I am not sure if DMC5 was Sony exclusive that they make DMC4SE multiplatform. Capcom has gotta be funding the sequel.

Its made for the DMC faithful, and you bet these guys will buy the game in droves especially for that price.

Anybody know if Adam Boyes did any work with the DMC team before leaving Capcom? If he has roots there and Capcom asked for derisking Sony will have it locked up. Keep in mind former Konami and Capcom folks are at Sony now. They been bulking up with some talent past few years.

Sony's third party relations is top notch. If Sony secures DMC5/SV5, and are able to fund games like bloodborne (first party), then thats the best awareness of hardcore quality games I have seen from a first party.

Frantic

It's not like they are just going to dump whatever Dante, Nero etc. have and start from scratch on those characters. They will also be refining and reusing what they have already come up with (just like devs do in fighting games) and adding on top of that.

So I don't really see a problem with them maintaining 5 characters (we are talking about Itsuno and co here, ppl who have made everything from action games, to rpgs and fighting games), in fact it should give them more freedom to try different ideas and cater to different player types. And again, work they do in DMC5 should carry over to future installments.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying that I want them to focus their efforts as much as possible so we don't end up with the issue DMC4 had - lots of backtracking, refights, limited weapons, etc. If that focus leads to only one or two characters, so be it. I don't think that will end up being the case, either way, I'm just sayin' where my preferences would lie.

Personally, I'm someone who is perfectly fine with them reusing actual assets and stuff from DMC4(Just use the same models and animations of Rebellion/E&I/Coyote-A, bring back Assaults/Frosts/Blitz, make Gilgamesh/Lucifer/Pandora unlockable, and what have you) so they can focus their attention on genuinely new stuff. I really don't want them to spend time and effort into making a new cool boss only for them to drop a weapon that is functionally identical to Beowulf/Gilgamesh when they could have done something new.

BadWolf

Capcom lowers their financial commitment and risk.

Sony gains an excellent exclusive with a very dedicated fan base. Nabbing DMC5 as an exclusive would definitely be big news all over the place.

Working with Japanese devs behind the scenes seems to be Sony's thing right now (Street Fighter 5, Star Ocean 5 etc.).

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying that I want them to focus their efforts as much as possible so we don't end up with the issue DMC4 had - lots of backtracking, refights, limited weapons, etc. If that focus leads to only one or two characters, so be it. I don't think that will end up being the case, either way, I'm just sayin' where my preferences would lie.

Personally, I'm someone who is perfectly fine with them reusing actual assets and stuff from DMC4(Just use the same models and animations of Rebellion/E&I/Coyote-A, bring back Assaults/Frosts/Blitz, make Gilgamesh/Lucifer/Pandora unlockable, and what have you) so they can focus their attention on genuinely new stuff. I really don't want them to spend time and effort into making a new cool boss only for them to drop a weapon that is functionally identical to Beowulf/Gilgamesh when they could have done something new.

Definitely with you there, things like that and a good campaign should be their main focus. Having five characters shouldn't interfere with that though. The level/scenario designers really need to get their shit together.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This trailer and announcement was probably why Gregaman wasn't allowed to show any costumes last week. Maybe he can spill some of the goods now that we've seen them?

TreIII

DMC is a core action title, so it has a lot of "street cred". It's the same reason why Microsoft snatched up Hideki Kamiya for Scalebound and Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2. They might not be huge system sellers, but they add value.

People asked the same question for Bayonetta 2. What did Nintendo have to gain from getting Bayo 2? Not much that is... just another bullet points for the Wii U fans to put in their fan lists.

DMC5 would be a much bigger pick for Sony than Bayo 2 for Nintendo. Maybe to counter Scalebound with their own "action game from Japan"... eh whatever.

It's Capcom that needs Sony more though.

Points taken.

But I guess my thing is, unlike with Bayo, I don't think DMC was in as much peril, such that the series was on its way to being "dead for good" if someone didn't step in and fund it. It's still got a fairly high spot on Capcom's best seller lists, and it looks like the "fiasco" in the wake of the reboot is being swept under the rug.

But then again, Capcom seems to be quite content with keeping MonHun on the Nintendo side of the time being, so what do I know/care?

EDIT: And BadWolf makes a good point with lowering the investment risk, as well.

Astral Dog

well [big rev 2 spoiler]:
the canon ending implies that Natalia is actually implanted with She-Wesker's personality or something.
And I thought I saw something posted like capcom hinting towards it or w/e, one of those "rumor with circumstantial evidence" deals.

i ain't about that life

Probably not related to RE7 though, both games were in development at the same time,maybe even for a Revelations 3

Capcom lowers their financial commitment and risk.

Sony gains an excellent exclusive with a very dedicated fan base. Nabbing DMC5 as an exclusive would definitely be big news all over the place.

Would be for the best if DMC 5 remained multiplatform, PC, ONE, PS4, all three systems have DMC fans, if i remember right DMC 4 was popular on the Xbox and PC
would tell me more of the state of the company than the series appeal.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Points taken.

But I guess my thing is, unlike with Bayo, I don't think DMC was in as much peril, such that the series was on its way to being "dead for good" if someone didn't step in and fund it. It's still got a fairly high spot on Capcom's best seller lists, and it looks like the "fiasco" in the wake of the reboot is being swept under the rug.

But then again, Capcom seems to be quite content with keeping MonHun on the Nintendo side of the time being, so what do I know/care?

The same could be said about SF. Capcom seems to be all about mitigating risk right now. I would certainly like a DMC5 to be multiplatform so it gets the most exposure, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised.

BadWolf

The same could be said about SF. Capcom seems to be all about mitigating risk right now. I would certainly like a DMC5 to be multiplatform so it gets the most exposure, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised.

Considering how the PS4 is selling it won't be much of a loss overall if DMC5 is exclusive to that console, the majority of its sales would have been there anyway. Not to mention Sony seems to be cool with PC versions.

ShinMaruku

If the ps4 keeps outselling at the pace it is after a while multiplatform won't mean anything if their a a big enough gap and one market has much more affinity with one. Look at FF type 0. The addition of the other platofroms was nothing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Considering how the PS4 is selling it won't be much of a loss overall if DMC5 is exclusive to that console, the majority of its sales would have been there anyway. Not to mention Sony seems to be cool with PC versions.

And thank God. I think this is generally been the case for both XBone and PS4 exclusives, and it's super important.

Shauni

Urgh, platform warrior stuff. I'm just glad I get to enjoy DMC4:SE on my Xbox One and hope DMC5 will be on it, too, so I can enjoy it there, too.

Sephzilla

Meh, I wouldn't care if DMC went PS exclusive again. As others have said, considering how PS4 keeps distancing itself from its competition I don't think there would be much of a hit at all sales wise if it went exclusive.

Probably not related to RE7 though, both games were in development at the same time,maybe even for a Revelations 3

could be.

also, I screwed up and said "Rev 1 spoiler" when I meant Rev 2. can you edit the quote? I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't played 2 yet.

Dahbomb

Urgh, platform warrior stuff. I'm just glad I get to enjoy DMC4:SE on my Xbox One and hope DMC5 will be on it, too, so I can enjoy it there, too.
No one wants it just discussing the possibility. Ease up with the platform warrior stuff.

TreIII

And thank God. I think this is generally been the case for both XBone and PS4 exclusives, and it's super important.

Yep. It's pretty much the only you'd hope to get sales for your game in countries where a PS4/XB1 would be far out of the reach (if it's even being sold there).

Dahbomb

The whole first page is filled with people predicting meltdowns instead of there actually being meltdowns, which is funny
There actually was a huge meltdown on GAF.

Probably not completely reflective in that thread but you had other threads being made on GAF at the time. And even then... look at the god damn body count in that thread.

You also have to realize that back then GAF wasn't as big so even if that thread didn't get as much post count/view it was still a meltdown.

Top Bottom