• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition release date, pricing, gameplay trailer, and costumes

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I guess I could cheese Dante by just double jumping and spamming Pandora infinitly maybe.

Someone refresh my memory on the stage rankings. Using a super character lowered your ranking so you couldn't get an S ranking right? Also didn't the rankings go up to SSS?

Yes, super characters gave you a penalty making it impossible to S rank bloody palace mode. Just beating the mode straight was enough to get an S rank for the most part.

Dahbomb

I guess I could cheese Dante by just double jumping and spamming Pandora infinitly maybe.

Someone refresh my memory on the stage rankings. Using a super character lowered your ranking so you couldn't get an S ranking right? Also didn't the rankings go up to SSS?
Rankings go up to S only in DMC4 (they go up to SSS in DmC and up to SS in DMC3).

I think the maximum you can get from using a Super character for missions is a C rank.

I am sure the way to cheese Dante in Bloody Palace is going to be using the Nero exploit. Just shoot at him, close the distance while shooting and Buster him... rinse and repeat.

Keasar

Fun-filled stylish action romp Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, which is coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, will release in North America and Europe starting June 23, 2015 for $24.99/ €24.99 / £19.99

fKdTUte.gif

BadWolf

Yes, super characters gave you a penalty making it impossible to S rank bloody palace mode. Just beating the mode straight was enough to get an S rank for the most part.

Yeah, felt like a total boss when I got S rank in BP but then read online that it's not much of an accomplishment >_>

SykoTech

Very good price. If you're going to remaster a single game, this is the way to do it. Tons of extra content, plus an excellent price point. Take notes, Sony (God of War III).

Guess I'll be going digital after all. You got me, Capcom.

Day 1. Just gotta get myself a PS4 (kinda ironic this being the game that makes me pull the trigger).

NastyBook

Will pre-order from Best Buy.

LOL @ GoWIII being $40 with this news. Drop the price, Sony. It's officially embarrassing now.

Head.spawn

Why? What's good DmC is good for Devil May Cry, right?

Plus, they're more than likely already making DMC5 anyway.

If you like what they did with DmC, sure. Otherwise no.

I think Capcom has been pretty upfront lately, basically saying that they are basing their game development series precedence purely on how their rereleases sell. As odd as it sounds, I think they consider Dmc and Devil May Cry to be two separate series. A DmC sequel would likely differentiate even more from what the mainline series fans would expect.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you like what they did with DmC, sure. Otherwise no.

I think Capcom has been pretty upfront lately, basically saying that they are basing the games they are working on purely on how their rereleases sell.

The next title has likely already been greenlit. All signs are pointing to DMC5. That said, further sales of DMC4 certainly can't hurt from a series milestone and overall sales perspective.

Y'know, I really wish they didn't keep using that "KYRIEEEEE" scene in every trailer and instead used some of Dantes lines. Also, was that Vegril saying "Don't get cocky?"

Dahbomb

All I know is that DMC5 better not have all this corner cutting bullshit they had to do in DMC4 and SE...

*No bull shit backtracking or puzzles that pad the game's length.

*No "palettte swap" costumes... just let use edit the colors instead of putting out palette skins as "features".

*Less copy/pasted moves between characters. If they are going to have a move from another character then it better have a tweaked animations and mechanics.

*No "incomplete" characters. I don't want characters like Trish in DMC5 where half of the controller isn't even used.

DMC4SE gets a pass because they were clearly on a budget and time restriction in addition to the game being only $24. Every addition to the game past Vergil is just gravy and was not really planned initially (Itsuno basically only budget for Vergil, everything else he just squeeze in). Capcom better not short change DMC5 like they did DMC4... they better bring the fucking goods.

Dat Nero costume is awesome, shame about no Nelo Angelo (prediced that). Give me cloaked Vergil and coatless Vergil too please.
Another a reminder that this game releases RIGHT AFTER E3....

Z8hbhna.gif
This will probably be the first E3 I'm looking forward to in years.

TreIII

*No "palettte swap" costumes... just let use edit the colors instead of putting out palette skins as "features".

Keeping my expectations in check? Palette swaps aren't the worst they can keep around. If nothing else, they're fairly easy to implement and when they actually do put in a bit of work with them, some of them can look more appealing them some of the actual alts. To say the least, the BASARA side has been utilizing them to great effect for years (in addition to new costumes), so I'd expect DMC to fall in step, here.

Dahbomb

I will accept palette swaps AFTER I get the following costumes:

DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4, DmC Dante costumes with LDK, coatless DMC3 and coatless DMC1... you know the standard that DMC3 set with the costumes.

In any case costumes don't matter much as long as they bring it with the full game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Making outfits pre-order only is fucking stupid. Hopefully Capcom come to their senses and release that later.

It's going to be really bizarre if Sengoku Basara, Monster Hunter and DmC all have a DMC1 Dante costume in them but DMC4 doesn't. I also really wanted shirtless Dante.

Making outfits pre-order only is fucking stupid. Hopefully Capcom come to their senses and release that later.
I'm betting they get released as $5 DLC down the line.

Dahbomb

I saw some footage but it looked like menus were in English but some descriptions were not? By full English does that mean all text will be in English?
The Japanese mode still has some English and some Japanese stuff.

When you buy the Asian version of DMC4.. you are asked if you want Japanese or English mode. English mode has everything in English... Japanese mode has some stuff in English and some in Japanese.

The Japanese mode still has some English and some Japanese stuff.

When you buy the Asian version of DMC4.. you are asked if you want Japanese or English mode. English mode has everything in English... Japanese mode has some stuff in English and some in Japanese.

Thanks for the clarification Dahbomb. Ordering my physical copy now.

Top Bottom