• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third - Import Impressions Thread

Kid Ying

I'm actually having a lot of fun on MP. Already played something like 10 hours on it. There's much more people playing than i expected since the release was just so limited. Dont know if its because i have nothing else to play right now though.

I dont feel like the f2p PC game will be a success though. The MP is a little broken and there's a lot of competition in that space, but for wiiu is nice. Might even fill the space left by cod that's been missing since ghosts.

This seems likely that it's a situation where the self-selection of purchases and interest in purchase justification are affecting reviewers. It'll be interesting to watch the reviews over the next month or so.

I dont know. From what i read people are saying its okay. Not AAA material or anything but still pretty good.

Kid Ying

For now, the online got a little dead. Its getting hard to find a match on deathmatch and impossible on team deathmatch. Dont know if its just because its not the first week anymore or because they are doing an x5 exp on chicken mode, which you can still play with ease.

The clan stuff is funny, because if you fight another clan, you give them some time to answer, if they do, you fight them for points, if not, you win automaticaly. Won a lot of battles and lost a huge amount too, but never got to play against anyone.

For now, i'm doing the score attack missions. After all this, i still think the campaign is bad and there's a lot of problems with the game. But i dont feel it was a waste of money anymore.

TheMoon

For now, the online got a little dead. Its getting hard to find a match on deathmatch and impossible on team deathmatch. Dont know if its just because its not the first week anymore or because they are doing an x5 exp on chicken mode, which you can still play with ease.

The clan stuff is funny, because if you fight another clan, you give them some time to answer, if they do, you fight them for points, if not, you win automaticaly. Won a lot of battles and lost a huge amount too, but never got to play against anyone.

For now, i'm doing the score attack missions. After all this, i still think the campaign is bad and there's a lot of problems with the game. But i dont feel it was a waste of money anymore.

Thanks for the continued impressions. Those will be useful for my OT later this month.

Jobbs

Banned
I guess it's worth wondering what kind of game you'd get if you mixed the worst character design ever in the history of video games with an absolutely shitty game in every way.. But I never thought anyone would actually spend millions to do the experiment.

So, it was actually out of stock on Amazon earlier in the week.

yjYyKGG.png

ToXvU6J.png

mFmexNU.png

Devil's Third confirmed better than Xenoblade Chronicles X. /s

Broritos

I guess everyone has flocked over to play chicken mode.

Kid Ying

Finally got to play a clan match. This is actually awesome! Very fun and different. I played the attacking side every time, where you are invading the enemy base. The defending side got everything on their side, the geometry, how everything goes their way and you have to actually think strategies to actually make the invasion. Also, its not only about killing the opposite side, bug destroying their turrets and bunkers. There's also an actual spawn time, which makes everything looks like its worth

I like this one very much, but its quite hard to find a room. Most of the time people dont play this, but i think its an actual jewel. Not to play everytime, since it can be frustrating as hell, but it really shows some nice ideas and makes you fell like in an actual war.

69wpm

An interesting quote from an article from siliconera:

I thought it was pretty interesting and worth noting that upon looking up the keyword “Splatoon” in the reviews, there are many reviewers that mention how it was their first shooter, or how it influenced them into buying Devil’s Third on Wii U.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I read that the game is only available on JPN Amazon and the mulitplayer is actually getting good reviews!

This bodes well!

TheMoon

Hmm i guess well have to see what the western reviews say . Usually pattern is thhat previews are much better than the reviews..

I think we already know what they're going to say. We simply to have the barrage of 4s, 5s and 6s that people are gonna laugh at.

sphinx

the piano man
This is pretty significant especially when you compare it to what western previews have been saying...

agreed

western previews made it look like this is a 2/10 game, literally trash

people saying anything good about this is very significant

SkylineRKR

This is pretty significant especially when you compare it to what western previews have been saying...

Note that games like Vampire Rain and Quantum Theory are getting such scores in Famitsu as well.

When it comes to this I wouldn't take Famitsu seriously at all.

Kid Ying

The online got a bit dead, but i'm finding more people to play clan battles. It's the best part of the game and gives money, so i can't complain.

Saw in a japanese blog thag finding the collectables does nothing. A shame, cause they are pretty hard to find and i was trying to catch them all. Completed in 5 out of 9 stages.

Also, i played a couple of stages on the hardcore difficulty (its open from the start and you can choose). The big difference is that you die faster and takes more time to heal, but most of the game doesnt change. The boss battles change a little. They are more agressive and uses some special moves much more often than in the normal difficulty.

ITT people acting like Famitsu is a reputable source for gaming reviews and not at all corrupt to the core.

I remember an episode of 8-4 Play where they had a dev on and were discussing how easy it was to buy a review there. It was a little scary how prolific it is.

Top Bottom