• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

devin faraci meltdown on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a general rule, if someone does something on Twitter and they don't have a blue tick, nobody gives a shit.

I think its going to reach a point where people won't get fired anymore for saying crazy things on twitter. At least not as often. I think people will begin to applaud the offensiveness. Systemic cultural counter to trigger-culture.

Faiz

Yeah not really a meltdown - just more Feraci doing Feraci. Lost of lot of respect for him over the last few years.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So... who is John Gary and why is Faraci "destroying" him?

I like how the first image on google for "John Gary screenwriter" is Gary Whitta.

Edit: More Fant4stic crap? This isn't worth anyone's breath.

ZeroX03

Banned
Faraci's a nut. I feel bad for the good writers he drags down on his website.

Seems the John guy apologised to the screenwriter of FF beforehand?

okdakor

All I know about the guy is he loves marvel a little too much and a certain gaf member hates him with the passion of a million exploding suns

He made a lot of virtual enemies during the gamergate debacle, he compared gamergaters to ISIS and enraged them by making fun of their anime avatars... His opinions are often right and his critics are always explained, but the way he formulates them isn't appreciated by everyone.

As for this particular messages, who cares...

OctoMan

Banned
I think its going to reach a point where people won't get fired anymore for saying crazy things on twitter. At least not as often. I think people will begin to applaud the offensiveness. Systemic cultural counter to trigger-culture.
That'll happen when trump becomes prez

So he wants this John Garys wife to contact him for finacial support and then for her husband to kill himself. Guy sounds like a sociopath.

Par for the course. Faraci has been a douche dating back to his CHUD days. He's tried to be on his best behavior, but he can't help but let his inner fuckhead out for a stroll every now and again.

It'd probably end with the documentary maker committing suicide on camera.

Nah, it'll end with you, the movie-goer, after surviving the apocalypse brought about by Fant4stic, walking into an abandoned theater to watch the story you just lived through unfold on screen.

If you don't know who someone is, take 10 fucking seconds to do a Google search instead of shit-posting "WHO?!" and "I don't know who this is!" all over the entire first page.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Nah, it'll end with you, the movie-goer, after surviving the apocalypse brought about by Fant4stic, walking into an abandoned theater to watch the story you just lived through unfold on screen.

tumblr_mkq6msL7Ly1r1asoxo1_400.gif

Any twitter related thread should come with a "read top to bottom" or "read bottom to top" disclaimer. Why is their format so fucking retarded?

Faraci is a the worst kind of loud mouth...a fat, movie nerd stereotype. I remember seeing a video of him fighting some guy in a boxing ring...it was great, just flailing his arms around and getting dropped twice.

Arjen

If you don't know who someone is, take 10 fucking seconds to do a Google search instead of shit-posting "WHO?!" and "I don't know who this is!" all over the entire first page.

Well I googled him, and i still have no idea who he is.

Pejo

Gold Member
I need to sit down and take this all in......

I don't understand Twitter culture and I have no idea who this guy is or what he's trying to accomplish

The point of those posts is to remark on how this nobody who claims to be famous is known by no one. So once again... Who?

Penguin

I do think someone/thing needs to take down the nerd blogger culture down a bit.

A few weeks ago, El Maybe threatened to beat up some screenwriter and went on a rant when he was rejected for the Entourage premiere or whatever.

And now this dude.

I think they feel they are a bigger deal in Hollywood than they are

Any twitter related thread should come with a "read top to bottom" or "read bottom to top" disclaimer. Why is their format so fucking retarded?

Or people clicking on Twitter related threads should have a basic understanding of how Twitter works. Putting the newest posts at the top isn't that uncommon. Do you consider it "fucking retarded" when news sites but newer stories above older stories?

Busty

Banned
Seems less of a meltdown and more of Faraci being a dick, which he is.

But that doesn't mean that he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to film.

Or being a dick.

Really don't want to thread shit, but are we really going to have a thread for every person who writes for a obscure blog who says dumb shit on Twitter?

I have no idea who the person is, who they are talking about, what they are talking about, or why i should care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom