• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dexter Prequel Series Greenlit

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
Season 6 Showtime GIF by Dexter

EDMIX

Taking it up the ass mentality right here gents. How in the fuck are we supposed to get good things in life if we either accept it or move on?

? I don't get it man, why is it anytime someone disagrees with you and literally makes a valid point, its "taking it up the ass" this or that or some dumb shit.

Sir, so much great content exist on streaming its not even funny. You can get good things in life...by just focusing on the actual good shit that exist, those writers, directors don't give a shit how hard you cry. They will keep making what they make, move on man.

Watch something else.

Its like you want to endlessly argue and cry over shit with this end goal of forcing some company to change something cause you cried hard enough or something instead of just focusing on the actual shit you genuinely like. And if anyone doesn't side with your view, they MUST be accepting this or that. Yes, we accept people can make what they want, its called free will.

So many amazing shows exist, i think its odd to spend all this energy hoping to change someone's mind. Spend that energy supporting the great shows that already exist.

Amazing shows you should check out

Mindhunter
Ozarks
House Of Cards
The Rain (a great binge watch)
Money Heist
Dear Child (a great once over)
The Crown
Them (such a underrated horror)
YellowJackets
Raised by Wolves
The Regime
All of Us Are Dead
Berlin
Squid Games

and I can go on and on and on. Look, I don't even disagree with your original point, we can't even do much with a prequel. Maybe they can do his early kills or something and just have some set number of seasons, but with a set idea like killing, we know he gets away, we know so much that happens already, its hard to build a series based on something already know like this.

However, that doesn't mean WE MUST STOP THEM or something weird shit like this. I think its fair criticism, to the point where I even agree with it.

What I don't agree with this odd idea we must stop it or can't accept it or some weird ass shit. Sir, we can't do anything about it but talk about it and they are free to make what ever they want. Enough like it where it will continue to exist, it is not your job to try to stop them cause you don't like it and I don't get this idea of making it sound like its anyone's duty on here to stop it or something lol The fuck? lol

So they are allowed to make what they make, accept that and move on and support the amazing shows that exist.

I do that with everything and I'm completely fine and I even agree with you that a prequel maybe doesn't fit this series, but I can't stop the studio, I won't fight them about it, I'll just move on and watch something else or something.

I don’t get this every single time, nonsense “hollywood creativity”, there’s thousands of shows, youre not limited to a random show on Showtime.

This is true.

giphy.gif

Chiggs

Gold Member
Come on, man. I genuinely got excited because I thought you were talking about Daxter of Jak & Daxter fame...

Same. This is some seriously lazy-ass posting from the OP.

I think we need punitive measures for stuff like this. I'm too old and my heart can't take the pain.

ultrazilla

Sucks that Hall doesn't appear to be acting in the show(only producing).

I mean, he'd be perfect as "the dark passenger"!

BoxFresh123

? I don't get it man, why is it anytime someone disagrees with you and literally makes a valid point, its "taking it up the ass" this or that or some dumb shit.

Sir, so much great content exist on streaming its not even funny. You can get good things in life...by just focusing on the actual good shit that exist, those writers, directors don't give a shit how hard you cry. They will keep making what they make, move on man.

Watch something else.

Its like you want to endlessly argue and cry over shit with this end goal of forcing some company to change something cause you cried hard enough or something instead of just focusing on the actual shit you genuinely like. And if anyone doesn't side with your view, they MUST be accepting this or that. Yes, we accept people can make what they want, its called free will.

So many amazing shows exist, i think its odd to spend all this energy hoping to change someone's mind. Spend that energy supporting the great shows that already exist.

Amazing shows you should check out

Mindhunter
Ozarks
House Of Cards
The Rain (a great binge watch)
Money Heist
Dear Child (a great once over)
The Crown
Them (such a underrated horror)
YellowJackets
Raised by Wolves
The Regime
All of Us Are Dead
Berlin
Squid Games

and I can go on and on and on. Look, I don't even disagree with your original point, we can't even do much with a prequel. Maybe they can do his early kills or something and just have some set number of seasons, but with a set idea like killing, we know he gets away, we know so much that happens already, its hard to build a series based on something already know like this.

However, that doesn't mean WE MUST STOP THEM or something weird shit like this. I think its fair criticism, to the point where I even agree with it.

What I don't agree with this odd idea we must stop it or can't accept it or some weird ass shit. Sir, we can't do anything about it but talk about it and they are free to make what ever they want. Enough like it where it will continue to exist, it is not your job to try to stop them cause you don't like it and I don't get this idea of making it sound like its anyone's duty on here to stop it or something lol The fuck? lol

So they are allowed to make what they make, accept that and move on and support the amazing shows that exist.

I do that with everything and I'm completely fine and I even agree with you that a prequel maybe doesn't fit this series, but I can't stop the studio, I won't fight them about it, I'll just move on and watch something else or something.

This is true.

giphy.gif

Suspect I'm in the minority but Money Heist absolutely shat the bed the longer it went on.

Mindhunter, Ozarks, YellowJackets all amazing though (y)

EDMIX

Suspect I'm in the minority but Money Heist absolutely shat the bed the longer it went on.

Mindhunter, Ozarks, YellowJackets all amazing though (y)

I actually agree with you.

I think its great for 1 season imho. I'm ok with the spin offs as they make more sense then many seasons of the same team.

I feel its a great concept, for a limited number of seasons.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Nah. Keep it. I loved Dexter. That's one of the more modern toons I liked. Keep this bullshit, though. Fuck off with it, too.
SOn of abitch, I thought this was the Cartoon. Fucking bastards.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

EDMIX

Nah, only last ep.

Check each eps rating and then the last lmao. Up until that point other than a few annoying small things the show was excellent. The villain was great, Dexter as well, nice atmosphere.

Based on how you are with so many things, I'm actually surprised you like the latest season lol

I might watch.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Look what they've done to my boy. They gave him one of the worst finales in TV history, and then they gave him an evil worse finale years later. Let him rest in peace.
At least Harrison won't be there to shit all over the show.

What did they do for the last episode to be terribad?
You can read general spoiler free impressions above but if you must know

the point of the show was to reboot him, have a normal life, but instead he fucking gets killed in the most stupidest way possible and just leaves everything else inconclusive. For a lot of time i thought they were trolling and we were getting another season but nope, script just ends half way lmao

The entire last episodes completely makes the entire show irelevant. Insanity. Clancy Brown was awesome tho.

Based on how you are with so many things, I'm actually surprised you like the latest season lol

I might watch.
The ending is OG Dexter series finale levels of bad. Just warning you.

It hurt even more because the rest of the season was actually pretty good and felt like a slight redemption for the series. I watched it with my girl, and we went in with the worst expectations. After like 2 episodes we looked at each other and were like "Damn, this is surprisingly decent". The lead up to the final episode was legitimately gripping........

Then they outdid themselves, with a new worst ending of all time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dexter 2021 clashed with hardcore Dexter fans but many welcomed the return and Dexters next prey.

Shocked Michael C Hall GIF by Dexter

Last edited:

Denton

The new guy playing Dexter is 29.

For fuck sake.

Anyway, Dexter without MCH is like 24 without Jack Bauer. You can try it, but it's a waste of time for everyone involved.

Stafford

New Blood was a lot better than I expected except for the ending. So much stupid bullshit here, I don't even know where to begin. What a shame. I just don't get how they thought "yeah, this is a good way to end it all."

As for a prequel show, fuck outta here.

Stafford

It's been years that I watched the show and I'm now rewatching S1. Still so good! Gotta love that Miami setting and all the characters. The way Doakes acts towards Dexter just doesn't get old, lol.

Top Bottom