• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dexter - Season 7 |OT| Surprise Kimosabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind is blown at the Doakes meme, I honestly thought that he was a niche lol thing. My wrongness is awesome.

d98.png

92e.png

Sober

Real quick, who was the bad guy in season 5?

Yeah, me neither.
Was that the Barrel Girls season? Jordon whatshisface the motivational speaker and his gang of rapist lackeys right?

I mean, if you watched the first and last episodes of the season though, nothing changed so I guess that was pointless right?

Was Trinity season 4? I feel like I'm actually missing a gap here. Did Season 5 really take place like 15 seconds after the finale in S4 and just play it straight out of the gate? I need a drink now.

trinest

Regarding Doakes (possible spoilers if I'm not crazy, most likely not spolierish).
I thought he
was coming back replacing Harry as Dexters vision guy?
Or was that some horrible fanfic I read here.

ibqk47HkAWNNWE.jpg

I liked Chase. He made me laugh. =(

Man, there was so much potential with Chase. They unceremoniously killed him off without getting into the nitty-gritty. I wanted to see more of him. Pissed me off, especiallhy

Regarding Doakes (possible spoilers if I'm not crazy, most likely not spolierish).
I thought he
was coming back replacing Harry as Dexters vision guy?
Or was that some horrible fanfic I read here.

That'd be great actually.

Sober

lol

95% of the posts are ragging on the show.

I still love it. Nya nya.
If it was just the Dexter storyline I would agree, unless you find some unironic enjoyment from watching grating Batista-Laguerta storylines.

Angel is cool but Laguerta is just so ... ugh

I liked Laguerta when she was a good friend to Doakes and acted like a person. The whole police side of the show has been pretty stale since Quinn came in with season 3.

I know, that this series has gone to hell, but believe it or not it was the first tv show that showed me what a "good" story was. And it made me actively seek out other good stories, stories that I now like more than it. But for that reason I feel like I have to see this show to the end.

On a side note, I'm pretty pumped about Homeland!

CassSept

That's what we said after the fifth season and look how that turned out. I'm still going to watch it, but my expectations are at an all-time low.

Hey, Season 6 wasn't that bad at the beginning. It had shown a lot of promise. Then Mos Def died and it all went to hell.

I wouldn't say it dipped as low as Season 5 (SEASON 5 HAD AN ENTIRE PLOTLINE THAT TOOK UP 50% OF INITIAL EPISODES DISAPPEAR HALFWAY THROUGH SEASON WITHOUT RESOLUTION!), but yeah, it was bad.

Man, there was so much potential with Chase. They unceremoniously killed him off without getting into the nitty-gritty. I wanted to see more of him. Pissed me off, especiallhy

There was a lot of potential with all of season 5, but they started off way too slow and rushed through the plot way too fast at the end because of it. The Lumen plotline doesn't even kick off for real until like 5 episodes in. Compare that to the start of say, season 2 where they find Dexter's bodies in the first fucking episode, and then they have 11 more to flesh it out and resolve it. Season 5 then ends with a complete and utter return to the status quo, Dexter having learned nothing, gained nothing and lost nothing from his experiences over the 12 previous episodes. I get that it was supposed to be about him grieving over Rita's death and learning to live with it, but sweet fucking Christ, they could have let SOMETHING change.

Akito

Is anyone else excited for the
Debra and Dexter sex scene
this season?

I know I am.

;)
Must be pretty awkward for Michael and Jennifer since they are divorced. Though they might still be on good terms with each other, I don't know lol

I have some hope for this season, it has to be get better sometime. Though if they killed off LaGuerta, it would be the best season ever
after 2, 1 and 4

J-Rzez

Dexter and Homeland.

My body and dvr are ready. I think they may really do something crazy this season since Deb is involved now directly via catching Dex in his ritual. Here's to Deb and LaGuerta both being on Dexter's table!

I really hope Debra fucking dies in the season premier.

This entire season is going to be based around the conflict of Deb knowing about Dexter. No harm will come of her. The trailer hints at Dexter considering something, but he probably won't do anything to her in the long run.

My guess is
Doakes will be back as Deb's version of Harry, pushing her this season to get Dexter. Then she inevitably bangs Dexter and Doakes says "Morgan, you sick fuck"

Hmm, Alan Sepinwall's review has renewed my interest slightly. I was going to just completely ignore it but I'm tempted to give it a chance. The major concern I have though is that the writers will take short-cuts to resolve elements of the plot, leaps of logic (or a complete lack of logic) in characters' motivations and any conscequences will only be temporary. The saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" seems applicable. I gave Dexter a chance before after the first two episodes of Season 6 but ended up promptly ignoring it (reading a brief summary of what happened afterwards). I'm hoping the same thing does not end up happening this time.

Angry Fork

I liked season 5, I liked that Dex had a legit relationship with someone who absolutely understood him and wasn't crazy. The ending pissed me off though as I was hoping they'd stay together and do teamwork stuff. I really enjoyed the hunt for the rapists and getting revenge for her. It wasn't as good as the previous ones mainly because they used deus ex machina so much that it became ridiculous but it was fun. Season 6 is the one that was atrocious with the exception of the episode where he goes on a road trip with his brother which was great.

Not sure if I want to watch this season because the trailer makes it seem like Deb STILL isn't going to find out who he really is until midway through the season. They're going to fucking stretch shit along again and act like it was just some single impulse thing and deb will think it was just that incident and so on. It's really annoying. I want her to find out for real I want Dex to become a fugitive already like just fucking do it stop stretching things nobody wants to see Laguerta side relationships focus on Dex being caught/chased which would be so much fun.

Even though I doubt they will it would be fun if they kept pursuing the incest stuff too just for the sake of something weird/different. That was really one of the better parts of last season even if it was silly story-wise. It made things way more interesting between Deb/Dex.

Fry

I liked season 5, I liked that Dex had a legit relationship with someone who absolutely understood him and wasn't crazy. The ending pissed me off though as I was hoping they'd stay together and do teamwork stuff. I really enjoyed the hunt for the rapists and getting revenge for her. It wasn't as good as the previous ones mainly because they used deus ex machina so much that it became ridiculous but it was fun. Season 6 is the one that was atrocious with the exception of the episode where he goes on a road trip with his brother which was great.

Seconded.

This show is massively over-hated.

I liked season 5, I liked that Dex had a legit relationship with someone who absolutely understood him and wasn't crazy. The ending pissed me off though as I was hoping they'd stay together and do teamwork stuff. I really enjoyed the hunt for the rapists and getting revenge for her. It wasn't as good as the previous ones mainly because they used deus ex machina so much that it became ridiculous but it was fun. Season 6 is the one that was atrocious with the exception of the episode where he goes on a road trip with his brother which was great. .

I liked it as well, but it wouldn't have been believable if she has stuck around and helped him kill others. she wasn't invested in punishing random bad people, only those who did her harm and I felt it was the right ending for her and dexter. I would hope she comes back at some point but the writers appear to have disavowed the entire fifth season, so who knows what's next for lumen.

Not sure if I want to watch this season because the trailer makes it seem like Deb STILL isn't going to find out who he really is until midway through the season. They're going to fucking stretch shit along again and act like it was just some single impulse thing and deb will think it was just that incident and so on. It's really annoying. I want her to find out for real I want Dex to become a fugitive already like just fucking do it stop stretching things nobody wants to see Laguerta side relationships focus on Dex being caught/chased which would be so much fun.

The fact that the trailers show
the cops finding the blood slide and connecting that with the BHB
gives me some hope that it won't take long for Deb to connect the dots. I mean, the characters on this show have been known to be stupid, but damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom