• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF:Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - PS5 vs PC - Settings And Performance Analysis

SmokSmog

12106ab86102b37fb79076df83f2ab3172cb8e69cdc5f618379c53b77fda6360.jpg

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
PSA:

1 - Sometimes that specific cutscene on PS5 runs without the Dynamic Resolution Enabled, thus running at native 4K the entire time. He used this bug to get an apples to apples comparison.

2 - When you re-run the cutscene twice, it becomes locked at 60fps because the DRS is enabled that time.

3- Alpha effects could not be matched to the PS5. They run higher on PC and influence the results considerably. 2070S should be matched more closely.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Series X plays that scene at a locked 60fps, level with a 6800 XT. Tower of Power strikes again 😎
because of bug ps5 rendering this scene on native 4k and not dynamic, you can restart scene and you will also get close to 60fps on ps5 because dynamic 4k kick in but thx to this bug Alex could do nice comparison (ps5 again after Valhalla winning with rtx2070super, where is this "speciaist" idiot that compared it to 1060/1070 now ? :d)

Last edited:

TheDude108

Series X plays that scene at a locked 60fps, level with a 6800 XT. Tower of Power strikes again 😎
Nice try

PSA:

1 - Sometimes that specific cutscene on PS5 runs without the Dynamic Resolution Enabled, thus running at native 4K the entire time. He used this bug to get an apples to apples comparison.

2 - When you re-run the cutscene twice, it becomes locked at 60fps because the DRS is enabled that time.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Some lower than low effects and no RT in some parts on PS5. Tons of medium and some low effects. Time for PS5 pro. Still poor optimization on the PC version of CoDs like the last gen ones.

Last edited:
Wrong.
PS5 push way ahead similar hardware on PC... against 6800 with 72CUs running around the same clock PS5 is around 30% slower in performance with 36CUs.
Thats not bad considering its slightly slower then the 6800 and the 3070 considering ps5 only has 36cu. Makes u wonder if ps5 had 40cu could it match or still slightly slower say from 30% to around half 15%

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
How you can be right when you say that I'm wrong and all I say is that a superior gaming experience and graphical fidelity is offered on the PC. Seriously, dude.

I like my PlayStation but let's be real here. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Again watch the video...
PS5 with 36CUs doing way better than similar hardware on PC... I mean it is trading blows with way stronger hardware.

It is around 30% less fps that a 72CUs cards with better clocks.

6800XT should be at least 50% stronger than PS5 performance.

Last edited:

onesvenus

Wrong.
PS5 push way ahead similar hardware on PC... against 6800 with 72CUs running around the same clock PS5 is around 30% slower in performance with 36CUs.
I'd say we would have to see how PC fares with higher settings. They had to lower volumetric lighting, water tesselation, lower SSR rendering resolution, low fire effects, no RT AO, ...
It's not impossible that increasing the quality of those effects taxes more the PS5 than the 6800 for example.

ethomaz

Banned
I'd say we would have to see how PC fares with higher settings. They had to lower volumetric lighting, water tesselation, lower SSR rendering resolution, low fire effects, no RT AO, ...
It's not impossible that increasing the quality of those effects taxes more the PS5 than the 6800 for example.
It had to do that to match the comparison... there is no way to increase these effects on PS5.

He did comparisons hardware performance... just like you drop the resolution in PC to compare only graphic cards performance.

The fact Alex didn’t like the results already shows how surprised he is and how he is trying to give excuses for that.

Last edited:
Again watch the video...
PS5 with 36CUs doing way better than similar hardware on PC... I mean it is trading blows with way stronger hardware.

It is around 30% less fps that a 72CUs cards with better clocks.

6800XT should be at least 50% stronger than PS5 performance.
Man, we really need that facepalm reaction. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Consoles are more efficient than PCs. News at 11.

PCs are more powerful and offer superior gaming experience. News at 12.

ethomaz

Banned
Man, we really need that facepalm reaction. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Consoles are more efficient than PCs. News at 11.

PCs are more powerful and offer superior gaming experience. News at 12.
That has nothing to with the video or thread.
And no PC and Consoles hardware are pretty similar em efficiency since PS4... maybe a bit lower overhead but the overall results won’t be different between a console and similar PC hardware.

In fact PC usually have the advantage with similar hardware because both the memory and CPU are easy to overcome console even in low-mid builds.

PS5 doing that much better than similar PC is indeed news at 11 or 12.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
The fact Alex didn’t like the results already shows how surprised he is and how he is saying that optimization on pc version is shitty like many past CoDs.
Ftfy.

need to be in ot even if it won't prevent biased people to not see it and also continue to compare games using unfitting settings....
at least they will have no excuse to expose their brand bias.
Also this.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Nobody told me this game was this good looking?
Stock on RTX3070s needs to hurry the fuck up.

As expected.
The PS5 is at about the 3060Ti more likely actually below the 60ti.

When the RTX 3060 comes out the PS5 is likely going to be trading blows with it.
So if I was Alex i would invest in a 3060 ASAP because thats likely going to be the closest like for like GPU for the PS5.
Budget gamers rejoice!
Cop a 60Ti or 70 to futureproof yourself till Hopper shows up.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I really don’t know... I had to check on Google.

“fixed that for you”

Fine but I don’t believe you fixed anything... the Alex reaction was that one I described.
He is not making any excuses. He simple knows (because it's obvious) that a more powerful hardware should run better, even with the higher settings.

Fredrik

Even though some settings were higher on PC I’m actually surprised at how well the PS5 performs here. A 3070 is like twice the price of a PS5.

But with DLSS ON in the end Nvidia is pulling rabbits out of their hat, a 2070 super is suddenly pulling ahead 10-15%.

Top Bottom