• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF devil may cry ps5 ray tracing

carsar

Still no.

GTX 1080 benchmark

It's getting 40-50fps at Native 4K

you have pretty low frame rate.
try dx11 mode. may be that's a reason why my 980ti has better performance.
and shadow setting is set to high in my vid, AO is ssao.

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

Here's twenty different modes. None of them work as intended. I'd rather stay with the original ps4 version that'll likely be stuck at 60 with zero drops.
This is the problem with consoles becoming more like PCs. Third-party developers will just make less effort optimising and instead opt for more graphics settings and let people choose the least worst option.

assurdum

Banned
I know, we actually had a thread where people were saying Capcom was the best dev (this?last) gen.
As Dev absolutely not. Their effort on one X is incredibly lazy more than a time and inexcusable. That patch seems proved it for the second time

Last edited:

Stuart360

Imagine now with VRR if devs chooses not to optimize framerate anymore 🤔

It is a big guess but that is what is starting to happen... ship with whatever framerate that VRR will make it smooth.

Except for 90% of the gamers that will buy a PS5.
Oh boy here we go. So its Xbox's fault for having VRR amirite?. So everytime a PS5 game has dodgy framerates, its all down to Xbox having VRR, and they are destroying gaming for having this feature blah blah. You just cant help yourself can you?

Last edited:

Skifi28

This is the problem with consoles becoming more like PCs. Third-party developers will just make less effort optimising and instead opt for more graphics settings and let people choose the least worst option.

You can never account for stupid, or rushed. Many games in the pro console era and onwards seemed to have gotten it right. One 60fps performance mode, one 8k whatever visual mode. Spiderman, Demon's Souls and Rachet seem to be going in the same direction. I think the consoles are better than ever, "lazy" devs will always be regardless of the target platform.

ethomaz

Banned
That is start with PS4 Pro and it is really a shit move for old gamers like me.

Options? Well that is cool.
Reality? The time the dev used to optimize one game mode is now less than what they use to optimize several games mode.

VRR will made devs doesn’t optimize framerate at all.

skneogaf

Yikes!

Why can't it do 4k@60fps locked without ray tracing? It's a previous generation game.

Is it really demanding on pc?

Needs 30fps and 60fps capped options and the ps5 needs variable refresh rate.

My friend has a LG b6 I think that does 1080p@120hz so he won't be able to play it at anything but 1080p@120hz.

I'm sure capcom will patch it though as it doesn't seem like too much work.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
you have pretty low frame rate.
try dx11 mode. may be that's a reason why my 980ti has better performance.
and shadow setting is set to high in my vid, AO is ssao.

Scene for scene has to be compared.

This is also a locked 60fps game on the PS5 during standard mode and it doesn't indicate how the frame-rate runs unless its performance mode.

Comparing same fight with a RTX 2070 it drops down to 54fps

Good grief.
The selling point of Ray tracing looks like SSR with pop in. Frame rate is aweful in every mode, and the game looks like a PS4 Pro game graphics wise.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Yikes!

Why can't it do 4k@60fps locked without ray tracing? It's a previous generation game.

Is it really demanding on pc?

Needs 30fps and 60fps capped options and the ps5 needs variable refresh rate.

My friend has a LG b6 I think that does 1080p@120hz so he won't be able to play it at anything but 1080p@120hz.

I'm sure capcom will patch it though as it doesn't seem like too much work.
That is what I have fear.

Devs rely on VRR when over 90% of PS5 gamers won’t have a TV for that.

assurdum

Banned
Good grief.
The selling point of Ray tracing looks like SSR with pop in. Frame rate is aweful in every mode, and the game looks like a PS4 Pro game graphics wise.
The lack of a stable 60 FPS mode is outrageous but now say the raytracing there seems an SSR with pop in, when the same DF staff is all impressed about it, let's not turn everything in shit just for the sake to complain.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
OGmYRxT.jpg

Framerate is all over the place, VRR needs a certain range so even that couldn't help this disaster.

carsar

Scene for scene has to be compared.
lowest fps is not best way to cpmare gpu, but if you want to see scene to scene, there is another example

the fact is ps5 has 10.3tfp on paper + modern amd architecture, which should be resulted in 50%+ fps boost compared to old gen gpu like 980 ti(8tfp). I don't see that. ps5 has same drops in cutscenes.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
OGmYRxT.jpg

Framerate is all over the place, VRR needs a certain range so even that couldn't help this disaster.

That's actually 4K with raytracing with open FPS, that's why it's unstable. It should've been locked at 30fps for consistency or give the choice so it gets automatic upgrades in the next mid-gen refresh or PS6.

This is the 1080p 60fps RT mode:

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
the fact is ps5 has 10.3tfp on paper + modern amd architecture, which should be resulted in 50%+ fps boost compared to old gen gpu like 980 ti(8tfp). I don't see that. ps5 has same drops in cutscenes.

So does a RTX 2070 GPU. Some scenes drop to around 40-50fps

Shown here it drops to around 45fps

The fight scene in which you compared are slightly different since the PS5 video dropped while there were a lot of effects on screen.

We still have to wait for more comparisons to see what type of performance these net gen consoles are similar to.

Last edited:

iHaunter

C'mon Capcom...Be better. This is a hallway hack'n'slash/shooter, there's no way it should be THIS badly optimized...

Last edited:

Inviusx

I get the feeling that Series X is going to be 60fps/120fps lock for this game. This board is about to go into meltdown.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So does a RTX 2070 GPU. Some scenes drop to around 40-50fps

Shown here it drops to around 45fps

The fight scene in which you compared are slightly different since the PS5 video dropped while there were a lot of effects on screen.

We still have to wait for more comparisons to see what type of performance these net gen consoles are similar to.

Actually dropped to 29fps for a moment at 3:39.

The lack of a stable 60 FPS mode is outrageous but now say the raytracing there seems an SSR with pop in, when the same DF staff is all impressed about it, let's not turn everything in shit just for the sake to complain.
Compare the RT to spider man or Watch Dogs.
The RT in Devil is average to say the least.

skneogaf

Just watching this be played on twitch on the xbox series x.

Seems to be a better optimised version from what I'm seeing.

The streamer did say he has seen some drops but I've not so far.

The digital foundry comparison will be interesting.

SkylineRKR

ML or DLSS would benefit this game, or a mid-gen refresh that has enough power to do RT at higher resolutions in the near future. But this could also be a quick cash in port and we are obviously going to see better performance down the line.

Imagine now with VRR if devs chooses not to optimize framerate anymore 🤔

It is a big guess but that is what is starting to happen... ship with whatever framerate that VRR will make it smooth.

Except for 90% of the gamers that will buy a PS5.

PS5 doesn’t support VRR.

Top Bottom