• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Nier Automata PS4/PS4 Pro Final Code Comparison + Frame-Rate Test

PC performance is going to be really intriguing with this new engine.

Pro version seems alright but PS4 is a bit of a raw deal for me, 900p no AA and sitting at 40-50fps more and big frame drops.

massucci

Banned
Or maybe CPU bottleneck issue?
I mean, it runs even better of Bayonetta on 360, in proportion, and you blame the cpu weakness for some weird issue in some spots where on ps4 it's flawless? Maybe it's a strange bug/issue? Even DF analysis has some difficult to find a clear explanation. Ps4 pro has a faster cpu, there is no reason to struggle in the same cpu scenario of the base ps4, especially if the game runs even better most of the time. But if you want to continue to blame the hardware, OK, go on.

Everyone is talking about those cutscenes, but are they in real time to begin with?

I play on a 1440p monitor and one of the most jarring things is jumping from gameplay with nice AA/Downsampling to pre-recorded Bink Vídeo cutscenes. I can't imagine how it's going to be when we jump to 4k monitors in a few years.
Yeah there was a time in the past where the cut-scenes used to looked so much better than the gameplay.

Progress huh.

MaLDo

Well yes, that is the scenario I am describing. The video data would get uploaded to a texture which is the native resolution of the video in question. (And then later rendered to the screen)
After the upload is where you'd run the AA.

Great!

Top Bottom